shamr9pato
BiasedMilanFan3
DRK
arabprince
Forza
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Nocerino becoming another Boateng? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Nocerino becoming another Boateng?

Post by mr.galliani Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:45 am

Nocerino + more than 20m euro's for Amauri-gol. Good business as usual from Alessio Secco.

mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is Nocerino becoming another Boateng? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Nocerino becoming another Boateng?

Post by Lynx100 Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:50 am

Luca wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:
Luca wrote:
Ganso wrote:rich mans marchisio :bow:

come at me juve fans :bow:

how dare you tongue

Juve should have never gotten rid of Nocerino. I said so when I saw him as a youth and then at U21.

We are being made to realise why...

Realized that long before he played for Milan but there is no need to live in the past

Stop living in the past?? pffft

You need to look to the past to make sure you dont make the same mistakes in the future.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:23 am

Lynx100 wrote:
Luca wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:
Luca wrote:
Ganso wrote:rich mans marchisio :bow:

come at me juve fans :bow:

how dare you tongue

Juve should have never gotten rid of Nocerino. I said so when I saw him as a youth and then at U21.

We are being made to realise why...

Realized that long before he played for Milan but there is no need to live in the past

Stop living in the past?? pffft

You need to look to the past to make sure you dont make the same mistakes in the future.

True. Yet those same mistakes are continually repeated.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 am

I dont follow him that much at Juve, but at Palermo he was a solid player already. We bought him for cheap too, might be our best signing this season.

About Flamini, considering Gattuso, Ambrosini, and Van Bommel ages I think we should keep him, but he needs to stay away from injuries.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:57 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

True. Yet those same mistakes are continually repeated.

Thats true too.

We can only hope that over time, itll take fewer mistakes to learn the lesson..
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:08 am

fadjriemilan wrote:I dont follow him that much at Juve, but at Palermo he was a solid player already. We bought him for cheap too, might be our best signing this season.

About Flamini, considering Gattuso, Ambrosini, and Van Bommel ages I think we should keep him, but he needs to stay away from injuries.

He never really got a good chance at Juve. he played in the 07-08 season in which, admittedly, he was inconsistent but still much better than his competition (Almiron, C.Zanetti) but his true potential was never realised despite flashes of absolute brilliance. I dont think Ranieri trusted him enough to invest in him. Then the biggest mistake was not giving him another season. He then was sold to Palermo and the rest is as you know...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 am

I'm still not convinced by Nocerino, though I'm appreciative of his efforts. For the most part he's a useful work horse, however what may be seen as his "rise" in our team has to be viewed entirely separately from the story of Prince.

Prince, given the time and space by Allegri to grow into his role, has undergone significant self improvement as a player and a threat, working to reduce the effect of his weaknesses and using his extreme tactical freedom under Allegri to craft himself into a significant threat as a player independent of those around him. He is far from my imagined model of an attacking midfielder, however he has crafted a role from himself on the basis of his own qualities.

By contrast, Nocerino is a product of our system. Boateng is a very strong midfielder and a danger on his own merit, whilst Antonio is dangerous because of those around him. His strengths are obvious; an admirable work rate, knowledge of the Italian game and a quality that I had not predicted he would bring and has been central to his prominence this term: finishing. Aside from the absolute sitter he missed, I think against Roma though I may be thinking of the wrong game, he has honestly shown an amazing knack for finding the back of the net, especially for a box-to-box midfielder I had only thought capable of the occasional goal of fortune.

He is, as ridiculous as it seems, truly a midfield poacher. Independent of a team that currently stand as reigning champions of Italy, it is no surprise that Nocerino had no such reputation. With the likes of Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Pato, Robinho and Boateng providing headaches for defenders tracking movement and attempting to man-mark men in the box, it is little wonder that the opportunity arises from their creativity and incisiveness in attack that a midfielder with intelligent movement would be able to play havoc as the final man entering the move and unlike Flamini who had similar aspirations to be a bomber forward, Nocerino, despite his statistics being inflated if you like by a hat-trick, can get in and pull the trigger.

It doesn't make him Frank Lampard or Stevie Gerrard, it makes him a weapon created by our system and the talent of our attack. Is this any reason to downplay his use? Certainly not, I'm relieved that we're able to successfully harness every last bit of our squad's talent in order to push forward and every extra goal from across the squad that we can manufacture makes us more competitive. However it's a strength that tips the balance of opinion thanks to the fantastic visual nature of his trick.

Boateng has improved himself, however work rate and the taking of chances that were never there for you before is not something I might ascribe to a new, better Nocerino.

The critique thus far may seem pointless to you, however the point that I do eventually wish to come around to is the harsh reality that others could be doing more for our midfield, though without necessarily having the same effect on the scoreboard, a point that I hope will be illustrated by a discussion of what bugs me most about Nocerino.

I could deal with Nocerino not spraying the ball around like Andrea Pirlo. Personally I don't even have a problem with his distribution, long or short, so whilst I won't list it as a strength, I've certainly no complaints about his range of passing, something I just wanted to make clear before I continue.

What I simply can not believe is how someone Nocerino's age can manage to look slow in a team whose midfield consists mostly of men on the verge of being eligible for their old age pension. Has a lack of speed prevented players from being successful midfielders in Europe before? Certainly not in the past and even not now in what is sometimes characterised as a fast modern game, however other qualities, either technical, tactical or otherwise physical must provide compensation. Busquets is one of the best midfielders in Europe and has the acceleration of a WW1 tank going vertically up the Alps, however he also reads the game as if it were a picture story book for infants, has impeccable positional sense and fantastic technique both in his deftness of touch and distribution.

Nocerino's absolute lack of pace can and will hurt us in Europe when we seek to take the game to teams and push high up the pitch. It effects our recovery, our urgency in possession and when combined with the second thing that annoys me though is partially not his fault, will reduce the effectiveness of our machine against the best of the continent.

Nocerino has always been painted as a destroyer, wrongly in my books, however it is a tag that at times raises my expectations for him and makes his timidity in the tackle at crucial times painful to watch. I never expected him to be Gattuso reborn, so I can't criticise him for holding back from what he used to do, however a slow midfielder needs to be able to extend their influence by ever available inch and Nocerino barely knows the meaning of last ditch effort.

You can call me hard to please, however I will say that I absolutely believe that Nocerino has earnt his place in our squad. He does his job against the majority of Serie A teams and we can afford to have a player who simply helps bring out the best qualities of our best players without unbalancing the side, however with our midfield being a point in case for our ability to improve compared to the best in Europe, that there are many who could do Nocerino's job whilst providing more must be pointed out. Too slow to be a box-to-box midfielder against the very best around and not physical enough to hold a position centrally, I thank Nocerino for his wonderful contributions thus far, however I respectfully request that when we all eventually knee jerk concerning Nocerino being shown up in Europe, we remember that he has easily done enough to deserve our admiration and his place in the squad.

Nocerino deserves praise for his ability to perform the role that Allegri has given him on the left side of our midfield and his ability to take his chances, however we shouldn't mistake his contributions for greater qualities than he possesses.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:12 am

i was wrong about him i admit!, such energetic and hard working player that adds alot to our team, in his current form he's irreplacable, was one of the very best players on the pitch yesterday if not the best...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I could deal with Nocerino not spraying the ball around like Andrea Pirlo. Personally I don't even have a problem with his distribution, long or short, so whilst I won't list it as a strength, I've certainly no complaints about his range of passing, something I just wanted to make clear before I continue.

What I simply can not believe is how someone Nocerino's age can manage to look slow in a team whose midfield consists mostly of men on the verge of being eligible for their old age pension. Has a lack of speed prevented players from being successful midfielders in Europe before? Certainly not in the past and even not now in what is sometimes characterised as a fast modern game, however other qualities, either technical, tactical or otherwise physical must provide compensation. Busquets is one of the best midfielders in Europe and has the acceleration of a WW1 tank going vertically up the Alps, however he also reads the game as if it were a picture story book for infants, has impeccable positional sense and fantastic technique both in his deftness of touch and distribution.

Nocerino's absolute lack of pace can and will hurt us in Europe when we seek to take the game to teams and push high up the pitch. It effects our recovery, our urgency in possession and when combined with the second thing that annoys me though is partially not his fault, will reduce the effectiveness of our machine against the best of the continent.

Nocerino has always been painted as a destroyer, wrongly in my books, however it is a tag that at times raises my expectations for him and makes his timidity in the tackle at crucial times painful to watch. I never expected him to be Gattuso reborn, so I can't criticise him for holding back from what he used to do, however a slow midfielder needs to be able to extend their influence by ever available inch and Nocerino barely knows the meaning of last ditch effort.

You can call me hard to please, however I will say that I absolutely believe that Nocerino has earnt his place in our squad. He does his job against the majority of Serie A teams and we can afford to have a player who simply helps bring out the best qualities of our best players without unbalancing the side, however with our midfield being a point in case for our ability to improve compared to the best in Europe, that there are many who could do Nocerino's job whilst providing more must be pointed out. Too slow to be a box-to-box midfielder against the very best around and not physical enough to hold a position centrally, I thank Nocerino for his wonderful contributions thus far, however I respectfully request that when we all eventually knee jerk concerning Nocerino being shown up in Europe, we remember that he has easily done enough to deserve our admiration and his place in the squad.

Nocerino deserves praise for his ability to perform the role that Allegri has given him on the left side of our midfield and his ability to take his chances, however we shouldn't mistake his contributions for greater qualities than he possesses.

i agree on all points. great post as usual.

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

People branded him as a young Gattuso,but to me hes like a young Ambro.And I like him better than Boatang.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:04 am

Just noticed Noceriono has scored more goals than Marchisio this season Twisted Evil Forza Nocerino
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:28 am

I love how many people look over Nocerino, he is more than VITAL to our team this season, his goal tally is no joke. He works incredibly hard and makes perfect runs into the box. He defends with heart and grit and is becoming one of my favorite players on the team by far.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 am

smart man's marchisio
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:41 pm

i wasnt too crazy about his signing but hes certainly winning my heart with those performances Razz
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Nocerino is now our second highest goalscorer this season, equal with Boateng and Robinho on 8 goals. Is that 15 goal target actually attainable?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm saying right now without the signing of Nocerino we would not be doing as well as we have this season, especially with all these injuries. He has been a pillar for us.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 am

Most certainly.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:00 am

Nocerino is a beast.

Nocerino - Pirlo - Marchisio

Top 3 midfield trio in the world? yup.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:04 am

Lynx100 wrote:Nocerino is a beast.

Nocerino - Pirlo - Marchisio

Top 3 midfield trio in the world? yup.

thanks for appreciation. same goes to matri, tremendous talent how the hell we manage to let him leave is beyond belief but this is no different to juventus when it comes to letting nocerino go. i guess one club loss is another one's gain.

its good for italy though, i dont think nocerino or marchisio will be like regular choice i mean to say both wont feature together because of DDR.

either one of them will be with pirlo and DDR i guess.

but im happy for italy now, both are doing incredibly well, pirlo and DDR back to their best, everyone is doing well in italy atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:40 pm

DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, Nocerino, Aquilani, Montolivo...Italy's midfield depth is nuts. Now we need to find a proper solution for the trequartista role, cuz Monty isn't really working there
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:50 pm

i dont think we need a trequartista,just a creative CM,like Ganso or Montolivo.Boateng seems to be on a roll,I dont want him dropped to the bench or to a CM role
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, Nocerino, Aquilani, Montolivo...Italy's midfield depth is nuts. Now we need to find a proper solution for the trequartista role, cuz Monty isn't really working there

thiago motta....

(poli in the future)
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 am

zarola wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, Nocerino, Aquilani, Montolivo...Italy's midfield depth is nuts. Now we need to find a proper solution for the trequartista role, cuz Monty isn't really working there

thiago motta....

(poli in the future)

I rate motta lower than the players previously mentioned. I really couldn't care less if he makes the team for the Euros or not but if there's room then I guess he isn't the worst addition. Poli could become a great player but he needs to start seeing some playing time. How stankovic starts ahead of him I will never understand.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 am

Cookie Monster wrote:
zarola wrote:

thiago motta....

(poli in the future)

I rate motta lower than the players previously mentioned. I really couldn't care less if he makes the team for the Euros or not but if there's room then I guess he isn't the worst addition. Poli could become a great player but he needs to start seeing some playing time. How stankovic starts ahead of him I will never understand.

thiago motta is incredible, honestly... very underrated.

this is from before february 4th, so as you can imagine.. inter's record without thiago motta looks a lot worse now.

WITH
10 GAMES
9 WON
0 DRAWN
1 LOST
18 GOALS FORWARD
3 GOALS AGAINST
27 PTS

inter without him (again , before February 4th.. this stat would look A LOT uglier now)

11 GAMES
2 WON
3 DRAWN
6 LOST
16 GOALS FORWARD
22 GOALS AGAINST
9 PTS.

thiagod motta :bow:
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 am

From what I've seen, I would say that he's a solid player but nothing spectacular. However, I'm sure you've seen much more of him than I have so your opinion is probably worth more than mine in this circumstance. He did work well in Inter's system, maybe I'm underrating him. Like I said, he'd be a solid addition to Italy's midfield, although he won't start.

I found it odd that Inter chose to offload him. What was the reason for his sale?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:00 am

Aquilani and Montolivo are at the moment 2nd choice after Marchisio and Nocerino i think

IMHO - DDR and Pirlo cannot play in a midfield 3 but would be good as a centre midfield pairing.

For a 3 man mid - 2 box to box + 1 DM/creative CM would be best

And the future is defintely Poli.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next