FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games Empty Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 pm

An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Tuesday 20 December 2011] found a charge of misconduct against Luis Suarez proven, and have issued a suspension for a period of eight matches as well as fining him £40,000, pending appeal.

On 16 November 2011, The Football Association charged Luis Suarez with misconduct contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Liverpool FC versus Manchester United FC fixture on 15 October 2011.

A hearing took place from 14-20 December 2011 before an Independent Regulatory Commission of The FA to consider the charge.

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;
the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.
The Independent Regulatory Commission will provide written reasons for its decision in due course setting out:

(a) the findings of fact made by it;

(b) the reasons for its decision finding the charge proved; and

(c) the reasons for the penalty.

Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal.

Meanwhile I will take out my anger on a poster of Patrice Evra and pray to god the FA headquarters is bombed with a nuclear strike.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/luis-suarez-20-12-11

Un.believable.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by justdoit_ Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:08 pm

This is gonna be interesting.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 pm

*bleep* joke so it is. fa are nothing but a bunch of *bleep*.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Meanwhile in Spain
Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games Imager
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Where's the evidence? ....
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

What a joke!! I don't even like Suarez or Liverpool, but to be banned for 8 games because you called somebody a name is ridiculous.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

wow
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Liverpool are so *bleep*.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:20 pm

‎'Prevaricate' means that somebody gives false and incriminating information. Ironically, prevaricate is an anagram of Patrice Evra...
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Bye bye CL qualification
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

The world has gone mad.............go to Manchester United Game and hear the shit that gets shouted at the players..................

You know what negrito means in official Castillian spanish

"little black"

The next time Evra calls somebody a white boy he should get a 8 match suspension.

PAUL GOULDING QC (chairman): Works at the same Blackstone chambers as the barrister who was successful in representing the FA in Wayne Rooney's Euro appeal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2076452/Luis-Suarez-given-match-ban-race-row.html#ixzz1h6lULnUA
hmm scratch Suspect

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 pm

So you can commit a terrible tackle and break someone's leg and you only get a 3 match ban. But if you call somebody a name it's an 8 game ban, lol what is this game coming to?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 pm

1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Potential wrote:Meanwhile in Spain

To be fair, calling someone a monkey isn't considered racist in uruguay

Last edited by bhends on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Potential wrote:Meanwhile in Spain
:facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Not surprised. The club better fight this for all it's worth. If Terry can get off......
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Well deserved.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:30 pm

aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!

I can't believe what I'm reading here^^ To insult someone because of their colour has no place in football, or any other profession.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 pm

nice outcome, now let's see if the FA will have the balls to do the same with Terry
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 pm

azzurres wrote:nice outcome, now let's see if the FA will have the balls to do the same with Terry

They better ban Terry too!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:

I can't believe what I'm reading here^^ To insult someone because of their colour has no place in football, or any other profession.

It's a word commonly used in South America. Hell, recently Pacheco said something with the word on Twitter. I'm not going to argue about this though. I hope Liverpool take this to the courts.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 pm

aford92 wrote:

so left to people like you, racism should be allowed to go on since verbal racism is just a use of words....

fool of a took...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Good god you United fans really are a pitiful bunch :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 pm

I can't believe some of the things am reading here

who the f**k cares whether its allowed in Uruguay or hell, racism has no place in the world and you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting such f**kery...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next