Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko

+40
kiranr
CBarca
Zero
S
shamr9pato
EarlyPrototype
BAYERN_MUNICH
mr.galliani
Nishankly
Red Alert
Eivindo
Lord Hades
halamadrid2
The Franchise
Harmonica
rwo power
billy_gr
Arquitecto
Sushi Master
FalcaoPunch
pUsHa
Vibe
Omniscient
Mr Nick09
Forza
justdoit_
leemhuis
El Chelsea Fuerte
JAY-Z
Grande_Milano
fatman123
Le Samourai
Giggslegend
zizzle
Gil
BiasedMilanFan3
RealGunner
tonger
McAgger
The Messiah
44 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko - Page 2 Empty Re: Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko

Post by Omniscient Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 pm

What next, Quaresma best Portuguese player ever?

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko - Page 2 Empty Re: Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko

Post by Vibe Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:43 pm

LMAO what a disgrace.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Wow Laughing People taking this way too seriously. It was voted on by fans, most of whom have a greater knowledge and appreciation for contributions players have made more recently.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Some claim they haven't heard much about Tymo and yet they pass their Judgement
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Tymo GOAT of Ukraine, cry as much as you like...there's nothing you can do about it........

Tymo and (me)=Winner>>>>>>Haters=You losers.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

You guys are either stupid or really stupid . Shevchenko is one of the greatest strikers ever who is Tymo !? Sheva was a beast at Dynamo and at Milan he got Ukraine for the 06 worldcup . Tymo won the Russian premier league and Uefa Cup !? Sheva won everything there is to win .... all who voted for Tymo are f*cking Sheva haters and not people who know more about football .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 pm

People freaking out about this need to recognize that in the grand scheme of things Tymo had a bigger impact on the Ukrainian game, and that's probably why he got the award.

If the voting was truly for the best player, yes, Sheva would deservedly get the award.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm

justdoit_ wrote:People freaking out about this need to recognize that in the grand scheme of things Tymo had a bigger impact on the Ukrainian game, and that's probably why he got the award.

If the voting was truly for the best player, yes, Sheva would deservedly get the award.
You forgot........

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk named best Ukrainian footballer ever ahead of Andriy Shevchenko - Page 2 Tumblr_lwkc12cGBG1qlx826o3_400

Last edited by ragbirjosh on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 pm

I can't even see the image, but if it's something condescending, please point out the flaws of my statement.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Sheva won 5 stright Ukrakian premeir leauges with Dynamo.

Anyway I don't really understand your point of view......what do you mean by exerted more influence on the Ukranian game? Stylistically?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Sheva won 5 stright Ukrakian premeir leauges with Dynamo.

Anyway I don't really understand your point of view......what do you mean by exerted more influence on the Ukranian game? Stylistically?

You forgot this guy is a Shakhtar fan and Tymo was a Shakhtar player ... revolutionized :facepalm: :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:55 pm

So what he won.
Big woop.
Sure as hell didn't deserve it over shevchenko but hey blame the voters.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 am

ColoJunior wrote:So what he won.
Big woop.
Sure as hell didn't deserve it over shevchenko but hey blame the voters.

Plus Tymo is also a very good player
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 am

I didn't want to get into a history lesson, but here we are.

In terms of importance on the Ukrainian game, one must first ask, who is Andriy Shevchenko? A dominant player, yes, a stunning striker, of course, possibly the most talented player ever, but in my opinion not so much a revolutionary and vital figure for the shaping of the sport in Ukraine. Shevchenko was just one of the so many gifted individuals (two Balon d'Or winners for the club) to suit up for Dynamo Kiev when the club started winning titles in 60's, including Oleg Blokhin, Igor Belanov, Yuriy Voynov, and I'm sure plenty more. To his great credit, Sheva carried the torch admirably (as y'all have said, he's deservedly won plenty of titles) for what was no doubt the greatest club in Eastern Europe during the USSR era, finishing tops above CSKA, Spartak, and Dynamo Moscow among others when the Soviet Top League ended for the amount of league titles won.

When the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991, so did the Soviet Top League, with independent new football leagues being established in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc. This did nothing but consolidate Dyamo Kiev's power at the top to an even greater level with their closest competitors competing in the Russian Premier League. This essentially established a one team monopoly (16 Soviet Top League titles were won by Ukrainian sides, 13 of those belonging to Dynamo) that saw the club stroll to the top of the league in 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 1999-00, 2000–01, hardly breaking a sweat in some cases. This streak of nine straight titles was put to an end in 2001-02, when of course, the club I support, Shakhtar Donetsk, took home the championship. Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was the captain, coverboy, and Mr. Everything for the club, always the best player on the pitch and a Ukrainian symbol for countrymen to hang on to amongst a club where were the exciting, marketable characters are constantly of Brazilian heritage. Shakhtar's rise, for the first time, has thrown a gigantic wrench in the natural order of things for Ukrainian football and of course, this power struggle continues on to this day.

Sparknotes: My overall point being here that Sheva was an outstanding player on the overly-dominant force of the time, a group that won before him, with him, and after him. It sounds harsh but he didn't do anything but carry on the precedent that was set for him with Kyiv's dominance. On the other end of the spectrum, Tymoshchuk was the leader of a movement that has permanently changed the landscape of Ukrainian football with Shakhtar being the first we've ever seen to year-in, year-out compete with Kyiv for titles. Therefore in my opinion, I'd say that at the end of the day Tymoshchuk's contributions to the Ukrainian game would be of greater importance than Sheva's. The end.

There ya go. My two cents. This is probably why he won.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:35 am

justdoit_ wrote:I didn't want to get into a history lesson, but here we are.

In terms of importance on the Ukrainian game, one must first ask, who is Andriy Shevchenko? A dominant player, yes, a stunning striker, of course, possibly the most talented player ever, but in my opinion not so much a revolutionary and vital figure for the shaping of the sport in Ukraine. Shevchenko was just one of the so many gifted individuals (two Balon d'Or winners for the club) to suit up for Dynamo Kiev when the club started winning titles in 60's, including Oleg Blokhin, Igor Belanov, Yuriy Voynov, and I'm sure plenty more. To his great credit, Sheva carried the torch admirably (as y'all have said, he's deservedly won plenty of titles) for what was no doubt the greatest club in Eastern Europe during the USSR era, finishing tops above CSKA, Spartak, and Dynamo Moscow among others when the Soviet Top League ended for the amount of league titles won.

When the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991, so did the Soviet Top League, with independent new football leagues being established in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc. This did nothing but consolidate Dyamo Kiev's power at the top to an even greater level with their closest competitors competing in the Russian Premier League. This essentially established a one team monopoly (16 Soviet Top League titles were won by Ukrainian sides, 13 of those belonging to Dynamo) that saw the club stroll to the top of the league in 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 1999-00, 2000–01, hardly breaking a sweat in some cases. This streak of nine straight titles was put to an end in 2001-02, when of course, the club I support, Shakhtar Donetsk, took home the championship. Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was the captain, coverboy, and Mr. Everything for the club, always the best player on the pitch and a Ukrainian symbol for countrymen to hang on to amongst a club where were the exciting, marketable characters are constantly of Brazilian heritage. Shakhtar's rise, for the first time, has thrown a gigantic wrench in the natural order of things for Ukrainian football and of course, this power struggle continues on to this day.

Sparknotes: My overall point being here that Sheva was an outstanding player on the overly-dominant force of the time, a group that won before him, with him, and after him. It sounds harsh but he didn't do anything but carry on the precedent that was set for him with Kyiv's dominance. On the other end of the spectrum, Tymoshchuk was the leader of a movement that has permanently changed the landscape of Ukrainian football with Shakhtar being the first we've ever seen to year-in, year-out compete with Kyiv for titles. Therefore in my opinion, I'd say that at the end of the day Tymoshchuk's contributions to the Ukrainian game would be of greater importance than Sheva's. The end.

end of thread. :bow: :bow: :bow:
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:36 am

As an Ukranian, I'd probably agree with justdoit_.

As an outsider reading his arguements, I'd also probably agree with justdoit_.

If we take away Milan, Bayern, etc. and concentrate on the Ukranian league, it does make a lot of sence. And yes, Sheva is a better player, but whatever.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:43 am

justdoit_ wrote:I didn't want to get into a history lesson, but here we are.

Thanks for taking the time to provide a decent explanation, it was difficult to understand at first ........especially from the surface level........so fai fair play. I understand why he won, which was a mystery to me just hours ago even after doing research.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:46 am

So to summarise, Tymo was a hero for your club at a time when its rivals were dominating and hence, that is reason enough for Shev to lose to him in this poll. In reality, it was probably just that more Shakhtar fans voted than Dynamo fans.

My opinion is that regardless of how people voted in Ukraine in this particular poll, Shevchenko had European impact with both Dynamo and Milan which is completely unmatched by Tymoshchuck. Shev will go down in history as one of the greatest strikers ever. He is captain of the NT. He took the team to WC 2006 and only lost to the eventual winners. Sheva is the third-highest scorer in the history of European club competition with 67 goals, only behind Filippo Inzaghi and Raúl. He was the first Ukraine-born player to win the CL. And the list of records and stats goes on and on...

Shevchenko put Ukrainian football on the map in the last decade in a way that no other player has done so for Ukraine. A truly legendary player.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 am

This award has no credibility to it now, sorry Tymo

even though, hard to believe, this is a fan based poll... The people who actually follow football and the incredible career of Andriy, know that Sheva is by far the greatest Ukranian football player to date.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 am

I follow football and I honestly believe Tymo is the greatest Ukraine footballer of all time and it seems many football fans also share that view with me.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 am

The phrase is throwing me though

"greatest Ukranian footballer of all time " and "Tymoshuck" in the same sentence is like an oxymoron.

It world be better to say that he has exerted the greatest influence over the Ukranian domestic leauge.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 am

Anatoliy Tymoschuk might not be a household name, and not particularly exciting to watch, yet the Bayern Munich man, is amongst the top three players in the world at what he does(Not letting opponent play). Andriy Shevchenko may have taken the headlines in past years as a result of his brilliant performance over the years, but there is no doubt the Ukrainian holding midfielder "Tymo" was/is also a great player. He was pivotal in Zenit's swift counter attacking system that help them win the Uefa cup and indeed the Ukraine national side, where it is largely considered that most of their recent success has been down to his influence. He is a rare breed of player, and one that so many of Europe's top clubs are crying out for. An exceptionally intelligent footballer, who not only seems to have perfected the art of intercepting the ball, but can also play a bit in going forward.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 am

Idrisozet wrote:Anatoliy Tymoschuk might not be a household name, and not particularly exciting to watch, yet the Bayern Munich man, is amongst the top three players in the world at what he does(Not letting opponent play). Andriy Shevchenko may have taken the headlines in past years as a result of his brilliant performance over the years, but there is no doubt the Ukrainian holding midfielder "Tymo" was/is also a great player. He was pivotal in Zenit's swift counter attacking system that help them win the Uefa cup and indeed the Ukraine national side, where it is largely considered that most of their recent success has been down to his influence. He is a rare breed of player, and one that so many of Europe's top clubs are crying out for. An exceptionally intelligent footballer, who not only seems to have perfected the art of intercepting the ball, but can also play a bit in going forward.

He's the definition of mediocre.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:31 am

Saying Tymoshchuk was greater than Sheva is like saying Danielle Bonera is greater than Alessandro Nesta.

This award
:facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:43 am

hard to accept it, despite the reasons stated above
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:24 am

Maaannnnn... I really hate Tymoshchuk now
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next