Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

+29
buddytaller
TheRedStag
7amood11
EarlyPrototype
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
poolsupporter
Eivindo
Lord Spencer
the xcx
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
jibers
Gil
Lord Hades
InterMalia
Harmonica
Abramovich
nichabr
CaseyBoi
Doc
punkfusion1992
zizzle
free_cat
RealGunner
REWB
Raptorgunner
Tomwin Lannister
The Franchise
halamadrid2
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day - Page 2 Empty Re: Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 pm

What's with all the racist subjects and longer than life titles?

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day - Page 2 Empty Re: Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

Post by InterMalia Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I understand some people are more sensitive than others but this is just ridiculous. He said a word a black person should laugh at instead of getting offended by. Colored is he who can change color? (as in if you hurt yourself you would turn red) We are definitely not that :coffee:

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm

InterMalia wrote:I understand some people are more sensitive than others but this is just ridiculous. He said a word a black person should laugh at instead of getting offended by. Colored is he who can change color? (as in if you hurt yourself you would turn red) We are definitely not that :coffee:

Sounds like your getting mixed up with a chameleon! :lol!:
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:37 pm

people are getting just too sensitive now
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Did anyone hear about the police sergeant who was forced to step down due to allegedly being a racist? Apparently he had done his homework and figures and said something along the lines of 'this is fact's and stats, 70% (maybe wrong sorry) of crimes are committed by black people in Britain' IMO what he did was not wrong either, the figures and proof were there so how could he be condemned?

Also another one is a doctor was fired because she stated Asians are at a disadvantage to other races when wanting to compete in physical sports because thier genetics made them smaller and more fragile than other races ect. Which is kinda true of you think about it. And she was fired due to do many complaints of racism.

I'll try and find the articles.

Had a mini search and gave up. Phone is running out of battery.

Can't remember what year I heard these so I don't even know where to start searching.
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i think he is a little old schooled when coming to that word

black people dont want to be called coloured people as EVERYBODY are coloured unless youre pale

even mixed raced people dont want to be called half caste as they say its insulting

it differs from people to people

but the thing is he is old schooled of course he will use that word

I dont know one person who would be offended by the word coloured.

Half caste is different, because it was a bad term, an offensive term. Some people find that offensive, but as I said, I dont know anyone who finds "coloured" offensive.

That twat Collymore has been going on about it on twitter for hours now.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:thats the thing, its acceptable for people to call them by their actual colour and not generalize it like that and call them coloured

white person=white
black person=black

If were going by actual colours black people are brown
white people are multicoloured

:coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 pm

The f is wrong with saying colored in this context?

How else was he supposed to refer to them? Non-white? Couldn't have said foreign because some English players are also black.

OH S*IT I SAID BLACK!!11!!!!!!

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 pm

This is becoming a sick joke.

Since October 15th, it's distracted our team, and now after Kenny being called a disgrace by almost all journos after his support tweet about Suarez, now Hansen , our legend and 2nd best ball playing CB of all time, is getting stick.

yet, Mr. evra's sudaca is going unnoticed :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:08 pm

I wonder if all these idiots complaining know that negro = black in spanish.

I'm not gonna get into this, I don't want to see this thread blow up like the other one but BLACK people are too sensitive to the issue of racism....and while they have their reasons.......these ignorant witch hunts must end.

Also.....what you have to understand is that the word coloured does not only refer to BLACK people but also a host of other racial denominations including Asians ( Al Habsi, Chamakh, etc.....who are by no means considered Black as well and more especially those of mixed descent.....Jenas,Walcott,Lennon etc), all of whom by the strict sense language would be labelled as mixed.

Job Done.

These idiots are starting to sound like a bunch of radical feminists.Meanwhile no one from Manchester United is anywhere to be seen........Evra the clear and traditional Machiavellian Villain.....he has stirred up trouble and fled the scene leaving chaos behind him.

Last edited by ragbirjosh on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:12 pm

No. People are too sensitive..not black, white, whatever...PEOPLE.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:No. People are too sensitive..not black, white, whatever...PEOPLE.

I kinda agree, black people take colors pretty seriously.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm

We will soon call people by their Melatonin content.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm

LOL soon white people must apologize for existing 🎅
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:No. People are too sensitive..not black, white, whatever...PEOPLE.

Being part of a minority race myself, I agree with your statement. Time and time again I've seen people from my background as well as others play the race card for the silliest things. That's not to say that racism is non-existent, but so many times that the race card is played is unwarranted. It's almost ridiculous to see how my white friends walk on egg shells when they meet someone of a different race for the first time.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:36 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Haha it was awkward last night watching him, but I knew his intention was to not be racist at all. People over reacting ffs.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I think people usually say "coloured" because they think it's less aggressive-sounding than "black"...

Hansen's intentions were good.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:50 pm

WOW The world is *bleep* if an incident like this can be blown into a scandal over nothing. NOTHING.

I cannot understand who someone could watch that video and seriously think that Alan Hansen is a racist. In my opinion the only people who would complain over this is those who want to pick a fight with Hansen/BBC/Whoever.

Like come on he said the word "coloured". ffs its so stupid.

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Racism is surely a cultural thing, just can't get my head round why calling someone coloured is racist! scratch
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:07 pm

buddytaller wrote:Racism is surely a cultural thing, just can't get my head round why calling someone coloured is racist! scratch

especially in the way it was used.

By the scandal created, you'd think that he must have stood up and shouted "I hate coloured people" or something similar.

Its mind boggling.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 pm

buddytaller wrote:Racism is surely a cultural thing, just can't get my head round why calling someone coloured is racist! scratch
Its not imo, but black people seem to take it as a offense or a racial. Its the case with US. black people always fighting for human rights and how racism is wrong and should be punishing and so on, but they implify the fact that they want more human rights than white for example. Which does not only make white people racist. just sayin
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Nothing wrong with what he said imo. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who isn't white is coloured, no?

Big issue about nothing tbh.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Nothing wrong with what he said imo. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who isn't white is coloured, no?

Big issue about nothing tbh.
Thumbs up
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Calling a black person "coloured" is taboo really. Relics of the days of having places separated by "White Only" and "Coloured Only". Yes, the phrase is still very much insulting to quite a few black people. The thing is, I don't think Hansen really has anything to apologise for as I doubt he meant anything by it.

But, he works for the BBC so he needs to toe the line of political correctness.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Doc wrote:Calling a black person "coloured" is taboo really. Relics of the days of having places separated by "White Only" and "Coloured Only". Yes, the phrase is still very much insulting to quite a few black people. The thing is, I don't think Hansen really has anything to apologise for as I doubt he meant anything by it.

But, he works for the BBC so he needs to toe the line of political correctness.

That's the thing......coloured is a generalisation for non whites.......a term encompassing but not limited to Blacks.

Blacks can't expect to be insulted by every little thing that reminds them of slavery.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next