Le Samourai
Zees
huntsman
LeVersacci
SuperMAG
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF Empty Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF

Post by SuperMAG Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Him failing constantly as a winger against barca and mostly against any average fullback, despite his superior technique and speed.

I cant stand him anymore failing every single time against an average defenders like alves, i mean cammon, perrera from ath madrid owned him completely, i mean cammon perrera.

Last match against sevilia, he instead of going towards the wing area where the fullback was, he drifted directly towards the CB, almost toasting both of them twice.

The thing is he has all the attributes to be full time striker (may be improve his strength and controlling of the ball against tough CB's).

He will be way more dangerous as striker, his top speed is shocking fast, there is no way in hell any CB can stop on counter while he is in top speed. plus he need to just redefine his dribbling in to tricks, like fake shots and step-overs like the old brazilan ronaldo does. His passing will improve more cuz he will have more options, he will be scoring more heading goals, he trick passing will be so dangerous that cb's wont reliase when he is passing. Also his defensive liability wouldn't hurt us more.

The problem is, what happens to benzema and higuain. benz can play as LW while we wait for neymer but about higuian, who is already sad cuz he is not getting enough playtime.

what are your thoughts?

Last edited by SuperMAG on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF Empty Re: Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF

Post by LeVersacci Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Cba this. But Ronaldo doesn't want to play as CF

/end
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF Empty Re: Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 pm

SuperMAG wrote:Him failing constantly as a winger against barca and mostly against any average fullback, despite his superior technique and speed.

I cant stand him anymore failing every single time against an average defenders like alves, i mean cammon, perrera from ath madrid owned him completely, i mean cammon perrera.

Last match against sevilia, he instead of going towards the wing area where the fullback was, he drifted directly towards the CB, almost toasting both of them twice.

The thing is he has all the attributes to be full time striker (may be improve his strength and controlling of the ball against tough CB's).

He will be way more dangerous as striker, his top speed is shocking fast, there is no way in hell any CB can stop on counter while he is in top speed. plus he need to just redefine his dribbling in to tricks, like fake shots and step-overs like the old brazilan ronaldo does. His passing will improve more cuz he will have more options, he will be scoring more heading goals, he trick passing will be so dangerous that cb's wont reliase when he is passing.

The problem is, what happens to benzema and higuain. benz can play as LW while we wait for neymer but about higuian, who is already sad cuz he is not getting enough playtime.

what are your thoughts?

The answer to your question is yes.

As for Benz, he should play as a false 9 behind him in a 4 - 4 - 2 (1-1) formation.

Higuain doesnt have a future in Mourinho's Madrid. He will be sold next summer.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 pm

He has been fine on the wings :coffee:
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm torn.

I don't think he'll be a better CF than either Benz of Hig.

But I think Benz would be more effective than Ronaldo on the left.

I dunno what to say really
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 pm

SuperMAG wrote:
but about higuian, who is already sad cuz he is not getting enough playtime.

How do you know he's sad ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 pm

The thing is Ronaldo pretty much nowadays only scores goals, which means it makes sense for him to play CF.
However Benzema provides more as a CF. And 4-4-2 is too one dimensional so here's a lineup we'll probably never play.
It's similar to Barca's recent formation, but it kinda fits us too.

Varane would be a DM/CB depending on the situation.

----------------------Casillas
--------Arbeloa---------Pepe----Ramos
-----------------------Varane
-------------------Ozil-----Alonso
-----------------------Benzema
----------Di Maria------Ronaldo-----Marcelo

In terms of a more realistic tactical change Ronaldo just needs to roam around more from the LW spot with Marcelo overlapping.

Last edited by mtfootball on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 pm

mtfootball wrote:The thing is Ronaldo pretty much nowadays only scores goals, which means it makes sense for him to play CF.
However Benzema provides more as a CF. And 4-4-2 is too one dimensional so here's a lineup we'll probably never play.

--------Ramos---------Pepe--------Arbeloa
-----------------------Varane
----------Di Maria------Ronaldo-----Marcelo

In terms of a more realistic tactical change Ronaldo just needs to roam around more from the LW spot with Marcelo overlapping.

Obsessed about Barca much?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:37 pm

That formation sucks then? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
mtfootball wrote:The thing is Ronaldo pretty much nowadays only scores goals, which means it makes sense for him to play CF.

--------Varane---------Pepe--------Arbeloa
-----------------------Ramos
----------Di Maria-----Higuain-----Marcelo

Obsessed about Barca much?

Diamond cheers

I've always been a fan of the diamond rather than the double pivot because it allows alot of flexibility.........I like the formation but it seems like something you try to ease into....not just a quick random change.

Benz that deep = swagger.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 am

No. He's a free-role attacker.
He may play wherever he wants...
Sort of like the attitude we had with Fernando Redondo, except that he played wherever he wanted in the midfield area
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:48 am

Lass on the right wing, Maria on the left, Ronaldo at CF and Benzema behind.

I want to restrict Ronaldo to doing what he does best, score goals. I dont want him to participate in the game making.

Football is the easiest game to be won. Seriously. You just need to utilize and make the best use of what you have in hand. Pretty easy to me.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:35 pm

huntsman wrote:Lass on the right wing, Maria on the left, Ronaldo at CF and Benzema behind.

I want to restrict Ronaldo to doing what he does best, score goals. I dont want him to participate in the game making.

Football is the easiest game to be won. Seriously. You just need to utilize and make the best use of what you have in hand. Pretty easy to me.
Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF Christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe_10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s400x300-173837
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:
huntsman wrote:Lass on the right wing, Maria on the left, Ronaldo at CF and Benzema behind.

Is the time com to permanently move Ronaldo to CF Christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe_10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s400x300-173837

:lol!:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

i think hes just fine.. we still score shit loads of goals anyway .. against barca we got chances, he messed up a lot of them, what makes you think he will suddenly take those chances at cf ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 pm

we were most effective when we had Marcelo playing with DiMaria

clearly Marcelo + DiMaria against barca>>>>>>Marcelo + Ronaldo vs barca

i dont care about width on the other wing since we rarely use it if nobody makes runs into the box
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 am

t's not about where he played, he played CF in final CDR and he still missed chances as well. The good thing is we likely will play Barca again very soon & after a series of failure & chances missed he must be really sick about that & hopefully that would motivate him enough to really do the right thing this time.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 am

alexander mahone wrote:t's not about where he played, he played CF in final CDR and he still missed chances as well. The good thing is we likely will play Barca again very soon & after a series of failure & chances missed he must be really sick about that & hopefully that would motivate him enough to really do the right thing this time.

In last season's CDR he was sidelined from the game-making. This is very important. Hence, we should play him at CF. This will also help Benzema shine. Simple.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 am

he plays the free role so the question really is do we want to play with either benz or higgy.

ronaldo goes where ever he wants attaching the "CF" to his name does nothing functionally imo

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:58 am

actually it will, means we have extra winger in midfield who will attack and defend and dribble.

CR can be told to concentrate more in central, where his effectiveness is more.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 am

The hight of Cristiano's jump and the speed with which he can reach that hight is much more than your average player, it is actually above the average NBA player's jump.

This is what we're looking for. To use the machine inside the box. We have plenty of wingers who can handle the sides, but not much of a good CF. Moreover, Ronaldo distracts the other players when he's playing in the middle or on the sides, since they have to pass the ball to him, but when he's upfront the team memebers will thrive to deliver the ball to him in his CF position.

There are plenty of advantages of playing Ronaldo at CF especially against Barca. We must use Ronaldo to madrid's advantage and not the opposite.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:40 pm

SuperMAG wrote:actually it will, means we have extra winger in midfield who will attack and defend and dribble.

what evidence is there that shows hes more effective centrally? fifa 12?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:49 pm

If by moving Ronaldo to CF means we're going to rely on the wings and crosses, then I'd rather he stayed at LW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:30 pm

deezydeez wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:actually it will, means we have extra winger in midfield who will attack and defend and dribble.

what evidence is there that shows hes more effective centrally? fifa 12?

what evidence lol, how about you count the number of goals he scored from central positions (where striker is supposed to be there) and number of goals he scored cutting from the side.

And besides we wont force him to play in central the whole time, he will lurk like he does now, but more into central area where he will fk up the CB's with his speed. Its like benzema (false 9) role.

The main advantage for that is that we have more midfielders who will defend (WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE AGAINST BARCA) and better wingers who can provide another dimension to our game.

mtfootball wrote:If by moving Ronaldo to CF means we're going to rely on the wings and crosses, then I'd rather he stayed at LW.

lol we wont just change our game to be pass to the winger and cross lol, its as i explained, more midfielder who defend and create and score while also taking advantage of ronaldo to the limits and hiding his foults. oh and winger have no choice, and he crosses, there will be someone very dangerous to fight for the ball in the air. thats how we overcome Barca for the first time last season in copa del rey.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm

sounds more like a fifa 12 fantasy move than something thats realistic.

the games he has played cf for us he has been ineffective

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next