The Franchise
the xcx
Mr Nick09
40 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bielsa appreciation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Bielsa appreciation thread

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Bielsa: "I am directly responsible for the failure of our team. Atletico reached the goal 8 times and scored 3. We reached the goal 9 times and scored none. The result was fair, but the difference was exaggerated. When two teams that are even do not appear to be so it is clearly the fault of the manager."

:bow:

Losing and accepting responsibility like a boss. God knows how many other managers would have blamed the ref, UEFA, outside circumstances, etc. and Bielsa just comes out and invokes the mea culpa.

Coach makes himself responsible for terrible finishing :vagi:

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

donno where he got the numbers from..... because when the stats thing came up it showed pathetico having 13 shots with 8(?) on target against Bilbao with 12 shots and 5(?) on target
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 10, 2012 11:34 am

Atleti clearly had the better chances, Bilbao's chances came only after they started hoofing to llorente . That how desperate they were ,definitely bielsa has to take some blame ,never felt they were going to create something until final moment.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri May 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Its 3-0 and not even halftime Laughing. Cant find my post when I said barcelona will win by a big margin Mad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 6:26 pm

I wouldn't hire Bielsa if I wanted my team to win trophies, losing 3-0 back to back in two finals smh.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Anyone who drops Ander doesn't deserve an appreciation thread.

Bielsa appreciation thread - Page 4 ZsghQ
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Today was the 6th match in a row Athletic have not scored a goal :vagi:
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Nah, Screw that, he is still an amazing manager, and what he achieved with this young Bilbao side is still great.

The way he lost the finals spoils it a little bit, his choices were questionable, but you cant take credit away from what he achieved.

There is no shame in losing to a hyper motivated barca, or getting owned by Falcao.

they do finish the season on the knees, better luck next year building a more consistent side.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 pm

He's done worse in my opinion he finished 10th in the league, his team lost 3-0 in two finals and his team has not scored in 6 matches, if that is not poor then the bar at Athletic must be set very low.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 6:45 pm

No that's only normal. Last year Caparros was nowhere in copa del rey, and in Europa league. In the summer, they didnt invest a lot in the squad, yet all of a sudden, you have a manager that gets the team involved in two cup finals.

You simply cant expect them to be as consistent in the league, and to pull so much in the various cups they were involved in. They have spread too much energy across each competition, and frankly, they dont exactly have Real madrid squad to match that fatigue.

Not to mention how inexperienced they are in general. It only suffices to look at their key positions to know how young the squad is. Muniain,Iturraspe, Martinez, Susaeta, De Marcos etc... It's difficult for such a young squad all of a sudden to have the mental strength to go on a season like they had.

If anything, they have performed above expectations, not the other way around.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Bielsa was terribly luck in the Copa del rey, he never met any difficult opposition in his run to the Copa del Rey final, Athletic face mainly Segunda B opposition, to his credit, he got to the final of the Europa, but flopped terribly once he got there.

I don't think this year has been a good year for him. His players may be young but that is no excuse, Madrid has the lowest average age in Spain, but were still able to win the league.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 7:07 pm

I think after losing 4-0 to Alcorcon we have lost the right to call copa teams "easy". Reaching the Europa league after mopping United to the ground is an enormous feat, no matter how you look at it.

His players are young, and most of them choked in front of the task in finals. I really cant see how you can discount it just to pour the blame on him. And to compare Bilbao to Madrid? really? have you seen the difference in quality between both squads. We go on across Europe collecting the finest young talents we can find. Do they have anyone that compares to Alonso? Ronaldo? Benzema? Higuain? Ozil? Marcelo? Casillas? Di Maria?

There is no argument here, we loaded with some of the most ridiculous talent you can find in football, bona fide world class players almost, and they have to thread with Ander, Iturraspe, Aurtenexte, Susaeta, Ibai Gomez, San Jose and what not. Talent level is not comparable at all, none of those guys would straight up get into our eleven.

Discouting the great achievements of this team just to take cheap shots at Bielsa is quite ridiculous in my opinion.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 7:16 pm

History will forever remember him as the coach who has won 3 trophies in his 22 years as a coach of a senior side.

History will remember him as the coach who lost back to back finals with identical 3-0 score lines in a space of less than a month. The coach who finished 10th in la liga with Athletic, a worse position than they were in before he took over.

He is certainly overrated!!!!

buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri May 25, 2012 7:19 pm

lol nick don't even bother
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 pm

I do enjoy that you let go of those faulty arguments you started with.

History will remember him as a passionate of football, a man admired to his dedication and perseverance to promote the beautiful game; his role in forming one of the most enjoyable Argentina squad in recent History; his role reinvigorating Chilean football; Newells fans will forever bear him in their heart, as the stadium which carry his name; Bilbao fans will remember him as the mad man who started the revolucion of their football, inspired them back to their glorious past. Now, is he the perfect coach? he certainly doesnt aspire to become one, but he has certainly left his print on football. It only takes one person to appreciate the work some have done, i am happy to be one of them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

This thread is a joke!

Why are we comparing Bielsa to Caparros? Caparros didn't have the balls to complete his objective and actually implement the Basque style into the team while playing a style which did NOT suit Athletics's players.

Meanwhile we have Bielsa who put this into action from day 1 while being the mastermind behind Athletic's superb performances in a stylistic and tactical point of view. He has brought out the sheer talent in every single player who was stunted by Caparros' negative style which went against our philosophy.

He has single-handedly brought the glory and pride back to the Euskadi by showcasing Europe what the Basque way really is. Where he fails is that he does NOT stick to what works best as what you saw in the two finals was a completely different system and formation to what was against Schalke, United etc. His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. Which is his striving for perfection which is why he will not settle for just winning this year but to figure out the OPTIMUM way in which he can implement the basque style with his tactics and into the players. Despite these frustrations, all of us Euskadi give our hats off to his fearless method of seeking perfection.

How ignorant can everyone be to completely doubt the success of what is a LONG TERM project? How can anyone doubt that 2 finals in 2 competitions is a flop even when Athletic played their least efficient system? League? Liga was the platform in which he was given sheer time and freedom to experiment.

How does one just criticize the project in which they know little about?

Has anyone even considered Athletic's horrible form in the last 6 games?

Has anyone considered this team is based on players who are not only from one country, but one region?

Has anyone considered this team considers one goal higher than winning despite the Basque hunger for success?

And check your facts again, Athletic is the youngest team in the Liga and not Madrid.

SMH and why do I only see such idiocy from only Real fans here? (bar Nick).

Want to challenge my post? Show what you've got

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

I appreciate winners and so does the history books, Guardiola wouldn't have been compared to the greatest coaches in the world if he won nothing with Barcelona. If fancy football was all that mattered, the Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez would be seen in the same light as Pep Guardiola.

Like I said, If I wanted to win trophies as a club, I wouldn't want to go near El Loco.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Bielsa also coached a team in Mexico and around that time ten players from Atlas were called up to the national team

History will love Bielsa
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 pm

buddytaller wrote:I appreciate winners and so does the history books, Guardiola wouldn't have been compared to the greatest coaches in the world if he won nothing with Barcelona. If fancy football was all that mattered, the Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez would be seen in the same light as Pep Guardiola.

Like I said, If I wanted to win trophies as a club, I wouldn't want to go near El Loco.

Read my post above genius.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
buddytaller wrote:I appreciate winners and so does the history books, Guardiola wouldn't have been compared to the greatest coaches in the world if he won nothing with Barcelona. If fancy football was all that mattered, the Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez would be seen in the same light as Pep Guardiola.

Not sure he could process that much information at once tbh.....

I have one question.... how is 10th and a Europa League and Copa Del Rey finalist not a success?

Lets say for example after our 5th place this year we get to the FA Cup and Europa League final and finish 8th would you not consider that relative success?

Because i would.

(Aimed at buddytaller)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Not sure he could process that much information at once tbh.....

I have one question.... how is 10th and a Europa League and Copa Del Rey finalist not a success?

Lets say for example after our 5th place this year we get to the FA Cup and Europa League final and finish 8th would you not consider that relative success?

Because i would.

(Aimed at buddytaller)

I understand its aimed at buddytaller, but I must say the 10th was actually a failure despite the club and even the stubborn fans knowing and allowing the room for freedom. Europa league was in fact the aim yet the fans and Bielsa have come to agree that through much of freedom and experimentation given, Athletic and the team have been given a clearer and bigger platform in which to calibrate next season. Weaknesses found, strengths even further acknowledged. So the league was indeed a failure but understand this is all very similar to the wonderful project that was presented for Luis Enrique in which I know you endorsed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 7:42 pm

The bar must really be set low for Athletic, if finishing 10th and losing 3-0 in consecutive finals is considered a success. I can still not get my head around the why people rate him so highly. What exactly are his achievements as a coach, besides playing fancy football!

Last edited by buddytaller on Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 pm

buddytaller wrote:The bar must really be set low for Athletic, if finishing 10th and losing 3-0 in consecutive finals is considered a success. I can still not get my head around the why people rate him so highly what exactly are his achievements as a coach, besides playing fancy football!

the point just flew over your head again
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
buddytaller wrote:The bar must really be set low for Athletic, if finishing 10th and losing 3-0 in consecutive finals is considered a success. I can still not get my head around the why people rate him so highly what exactly are his achievements as a coach, besides playing fancy football!

the point just flew over your head again

Winning 4 trophies in 22 years of management is not worthy of the noise that is made about him, those stats are Ranieri like stats. Please tell me his achievements, besides being a perennial flop at finals.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 25, 2012 7:47 pm

I understand that, but with such a small squad, i know you disagree but i feel the squad isnt big enough to remain consistent and go to the final of 2 competitions.

Surely 2 finals plus a top 10 finish is relative success ofcourse by it self its a poor league campaign but surely the 2 finals make up for that in a sense.

I am sure you would have finished much higher in the league if you were knocked out earlier in the cups anyway.

Also yes it takes a long time to build such a project, you cannot expect to get instant success as Roma found out i hope it works out for them as i do Bilbao but patience is required.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Maybe, just maybe people have a different appreciation of football and dont rate managers solely on their ability to rack up silverware? maybe that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next