Argentinian opinions changing about the GOAT?

+17
paperbackwriter
baresi
Ali
ijomer
7amood11
Bellabong
Ganso
SaintJoe
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
billionmillion
Pedram
Sushi Master
Vibe
The Franchise
Seppuku
Harmonica
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Argentinian opinions changing about the GOAT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Argentinian opinions changing about the GOAT?

Post by baresi Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Is it even a debatable issue?

Maradona by far is the best indivually and a bigger national hero, apart from winning with Barca (which I am sure any poster in here would have won the same if he played for Barca) the guy has done nothing, an assist againg Nigeria and wawa land and suddenly he is not a NT flop.

baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Argentinian opinions changing about the GOAT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Argentinian opinions changing about the GOAT?

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Yes because an INTERNET poll reflects the opinion of the argentine population perfectly.

The average age of the internet readers are probably around 25-30, even more so those who care to take part in the poll. Hence most of them didn't even see Maradona play in his prime.

People who were old enough to have developed sense for football (hence 18+) in 1986 are 45 years or older by now.

Come back when Messi have a church and is a national symbol.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:57 pm

baresi wrote:Is it even a debatable issue?

Maradona by far is the best indivually and a bigger national hero, apart from winning with Barca (which I am sure any poster in here would have won the same if he played for Barca) the guy has done nothing, an assist againg Nigeria and wawa land and suddenly he is not a NT flop.
I have watched Maradona from -86 and he was my childhood hero, but Messi @ 24 is better than Maradona ever was, for me. And I'm not obviously the only one.

Carlos Bianchi - Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than Diego Maradona and Pele

"A few days ago I did a talk for a business and a Brazilian asked me in the middle of the conference who I considered the best footballer in history, Maradona or Pele. I answered that, with all due respect to those two, right now I see Messi as superior to everyone,"

"There have been excellent footballers that weren't able to play in great national teams to prove their class. Moving on from everything that has happened or will happen when he puts on the Argentina jersey, Messi confirms every week that he is capable of doing things that nobody else has managed in the history of football."

Ossie Ardiles - "Messi is out of this planet, I would say he is so far ahead of the rest of the players playing right now and I would say historically as well. There are not words to describe him."

Graeme Souness - "I think he might be the best player that has ever played the game, given that he's 23... He's best around, and I've played against Maradona many times, some people say that Maradona was better, but I disagree." He has then removed the "might".

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge - "Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm

My 58 years old uncle says messi is better than players that he has watched
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:02 pm

billionmillion wrote:My 58 years old uncle says messi is better than players that he has watched
I think most here haven't seen Maradona, and are just romanticizing the past, what they see and here from the internets.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:09 pm

I will concede that by the end of his career Messi will (barely) break into the top 20 all time.

Thats unless CR7 decides to get his act together in big games.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 pm

so they are fighting for the 20th spot?
interesting...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:16 pm

If CR7 can pull the kind of performances he does week-in week-out in big games. Well let's just say it wont be much of a fight.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Seppuku wrote:If CR7 can pull the kind of performances he does week-in week-out in big games.

That's kinda paradoxal. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:19 pm

sure all he has to do is look at Barca and see a relegation la liga team. that will boost his confidence.

Until then I'm sure you can find others for that 20th spot.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:26 pm

My regards and respect tp your 58 yrs uncle but thats his opinion, he hold his and others hold theirs. And it kinda funny how jiposi is ruling out the opinions of those over the internet while this entire pool was held over the internent.

BTW tell your uncle Maradona after his injury lost 30% of his left ankle flexibility ans yet managed to do all what he did. MESSI is a GREAT player no doubt but to be compared to Maradona.... PALEAZE.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm

baresi wrote:My regards and respect tp your 58 yrs uncle but thats his opinion, he hold his and others hold theirs. And it kinda funny how jiposi is ruling out the opinions of those over the internet while this entire pool was held over the internent.

BTW tell your uncle Maradona after his injury lost 30% of his left ankle flexibility ans yet managed to do all what he did. MESSI is a GREAT player no doubt but to be compared to Maradona.... PALEAZE.
Our opinions is all that we can give. I personally think the tide is starting to turn in Argentina.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm

jiopsi wrote:
billionmillion wrote:My 58 years old uncle says messi is better than players that he has watched
I think most here haven't seen Maradona, and are just romanticizing the past, what they see and here from the internets.
If you romanticize messi you would cry how great player he was. Posters that praising maradona here saw him only in videos.
Messi is better than maradona because of his speed and agility. maradona is messi in slow motion. agility and speed is big part of effectiveness.
Example C.Ronaldo is an avarage player in general, but just because of his speed he becomes very effective player sometimes
and messi got speed and agility together in one pack

But Maradona lead weak napoli team (top-3 in italy in that time) to serie a title. then he lead weak argentina (WC winners in 1978) to WC title in 1986

Maradona at age 22 played all games in 1982 WC, flopped and not even top-10 player for the tournament
Maradona also started his national career at 1977 and scored his first goal for NT in 1979 (2 years later)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 pm

baresi wrote:My regards and respect tp your 58 yrs uncle but thats his opinion, he hold his and others hold theirs. And it kinda funny how jiposi is ruling out the opinions of those over the internet while this entire pool was held over the internent.

So people must take your opinion? my uncle's opinion>poster's opinion who started to watch football since 2008
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm

billionmillion wrote:

So people must take your opinion? my uncle's opinion>poster's opinion who started to watch football since 2008
no man amnot saying my opinion should be the valid one, all I am saying those are opinions and not holly books, and btw Pele might be older than your uncle and he is concidered to be one of the best footballers ever yet his opinions are utter BS.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:39 pm

jiopsi wrote:
ijomer wrote:LOL

Germany 4 - Argentina 0

Uruguay wins Copa America...

compared to World Cup winner Legend Maradona..

Foolish and funny comparison.
How many Copa Americas did Maradona win again? Why are you even here?
He's a 12 year old CR fanboy, that's why he's here lol, he thinks people actually give two shots about his little predictions

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:44 pm

My father who watched maradonas entire career and saw his goal of the century live at the stadium says messi is reaching heights not even maradona could.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Messi still hasn't achieved what Maradona has achieved on international level.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Messi still hasn't achieved what Maradona has achieved on international level.
Very Happy thanks captain obvious ;P

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Messi will never achieve what Maradona has achieved on international level.

thats better :lucas:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Messi doesn't have a church of followers like Maradona does. Perhaps our resident fan, Lionel Messi, could establish the very first church of Messi.

Then we just need someone to create the church of the Antichrist, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Lol at the trolling in this thread. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Juan Roman Riquelme - "Barcelona's Lionel Messi is taking Diego Maradona's place as Argentine football's main man."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Frankly, this poll saddens me. It just shows the "Maradona syndrome" that has pretty much affected all of Argentina, including the football officials there.

The funny thing is, i am only guessing here, when Maradona played, that particular syndrome did not exist and Argentina played more as a team with Maradona playing a key role in the '86 WC.

Argentina have been under-performing from then on. They have to play as a team to get the best out of Messi.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2