Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

+26
FennecFox7
Onyx
Lord Awesome
BestInTheWorld
Berbaflop
Zees
billionmillion
LeSwagg James
Arquitecto
billy_gr
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
7amood11
The Messiah
ijomer
Senor Penguin
Giggslegend
McLewis
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
Omniscient
Lex
El Chelsea Fuerte
LeVersacci
Khaled
huntsman
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Billionmillion.
You call me a fanboy (and gay- stop that, it's childish and ignorant)... Have you taken a look at your posts about Messi?
They are totally devoid of logic and frankly, they're quite shameful...

While anybody arguing Ronaldo's case is complimeting his positive atributes, those (yourself specifically) arguing Messi's case are undermining Ronaldo's and are talking about him like he's a bad player.
That kind of discussion will never go anywhere.
But that's why I never argue with an idiot...

Thus ends my contribution to a thread which has been going nowhere since page 1.

teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:40 pm

teamanarchy wrote:Did any of you, who are criticizing him, read what he had to say?

Basically, he said:
1. Messi is amazing, but he does play for what is basically an unstoppable team.
2. Ronaldo is more complete and better in the air.
3. Ronaldo plays for RM, where it is more complicated to play, and thus more difficult to perform.
4. He's also proved himself in England.
5. In 2011, the calendar year Ronaldo's stats are amazing (more goals scored than Messi).

And he has a point there.

Like that means shit.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BestInTheWorld Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:19 pm

teamanarchy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:Did any of you, who are criticizing him, read what he had to say?

Basically, he said:
1. Messi is amazing, but he does play for what is basically an unstoppable team.
3. Ronaldo plays for RM, where it is more complicated to play, and thus more difficult to perform.
5. In 2011, the calendar year Ronaldo's stats are amazing (more goals scored than Messi).

Ronaldo is not more complete than Messi. All-around he may have more physical attributes compared to Messi but he's a mentally weak player compared to Messi, who has a much better footballing brain too. And what Messi lacks in the all-around physical department, he compensates for by being unique when it comes to agility, balance, acceleration and close-control.

Callejon is a much better bet for Ballon D'or anyway.
By complete, he basically meant that Ronaldo is two-footed and can head the ball

Gomez is too footed too & can head the ball. Frankly this complete player is a pile of BullS***. Out of the 1st 19 of Gomez's goals 7 came through Right Leg,6 through left Leg & 6 through headers.

Pure Goal-Scoring does not make one a better player. Gomez scores loads of goals,that does not make him a TOP 10 player. Besides how many did Ronaldo score in CHL compared to Messi??? Messi has 13,Gomez had 8 from 8. Ronaldo could not even score 8 in 12 games.

BestInTheWorld
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:16 pm

teamanarchy wrote:Billionmillion.
You call me a fanboy (and gay- stop that, it's childish and ignorant)... Have you taken a look at your posts about Messi?

While anybody arguing Ronaldo's case is complimeting his positive atributes, those (yourself specifically) arguing Messi's case are undermining Ronaldo's and are talking about him like he's a bad player.

Thus ends my contribution to a thread which has been going nowhere since page 1.
i'm a messi fanboy, but you dont have balls to admit you are biggest cr fanboy here. so much hypocrisy makes me angry.

me undermining ronaldo? it was you who compared CR's M.U perfomances to messi's NT perfomances to make messi look bad.

Senor Penguin wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:But, when comparing him to Messi, it is quite relevant, because when not wearing a Barcelona shirt, he's been pretty average.
Messi stats (not for Barca):
2006-2011:
48 apps, 9 goals. Ratio: 0.18
Ronaldo stats (not for Madrid):
2003-2011:
351 apps, 139 goals. Ratio:0.39
"Not for Madrid" meaning for Portugal and United? Compared to Messi's statistics being for Argentina only basically. Suspect Not to mention that Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi.

now you say you are not a CR fanboy teamhypocrisy?
and stop behaving like an angel after making BS comments
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm not a fanboy. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Messi is more complete because he is a playmaker and a goalscorer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:

Basically, he said:

Ronaldo is not more complete than Messi. All-around he may have more physical attributes compared to Messi but he's a mentally weak player compared to Messi, who has a much better footballing brain too. And what Messi lacks in the all-around physical department, he compensates for by being unique when it comes to agility, balance, acceleration and close-control.

Callejon is a much better bet for Ballon D'or anyway.
By complete, he basically meant that Ronaldo is two-footed and can head the ball
Ronaldo two-footed? LOL I'd trust more in Messi's ability to use both feet.
Not sure if trolling
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:57 pm

billionmillion wrote:

i'm a messi fanboy, but you dont have balls to admit you are biggest cr fanboy here. so much hypocrisy makes me angry.

me undermining ronaldo? it was you who compared CR's M.U perfomances to messi's NT perfomances to make messi look bad.

Senor Penguin wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:But, when comparing him to Messi, it is quite relevant, because when not wearing a Barcelona shirt, he's been pretty average.
2006-2011:
2003-2011:
"Not for Madrid" meaning for Portugal and United? Compared to Messi's statistics being for Argentina only basically. Suspect Not to mention that Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi.

Dude, don't even argue about fanboyism, I don't agree with TA on alot of points, but you are the most biased and mindless poster out there.

We get it, messi is a monster, he has 5 balls, 2 penuses, and ronaldo is the worlds worst player to ever step foot on the planet. Happy?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok if cr7 should get the ballon d'or then I should be president of the USA!!

Ya my comment was ridicoulous because I wasn't even born in the US. Messi led his team to cl glory and la liga vs Ronaldo scoring loads of goals after the season was decided. Im sorry but it's messi, Xavi then cr7!!! This has nothing to do with me liking disliking Madrid or barca, so I don't want to hear anything about that!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:34 pm

No way Xavi as a player is above ronaldo. Iniesta, sure, why not, I think CR7 vs iniesta is very close. Xavi is way more one dimensional then either of them, take away his passing and reactions, and you don't get a very good player.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 am

Giggity start talking about biasedness after changing your avatar
Giggity5313 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

Senor Penguin wrote:
2006-2011:
2003-2011:

Dude, don't even argue about fanboyism, I don't agree with TA on alot of points, but you are the most biased and mindless poster out there.

We get it, messi is a monster, he has 5 balls, 2 penuses, and ronaldo is the worlds worst player to ever step foot on the planet. Happy?
argue your points instead of BS comments. where i was biased (i think no where in this thread) you show me it . if you can not then gtfo with your beloved CR
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 am

His passing and reaction is out of this world I'm sorry but I can see pass the stepovers and tap ins, the clasicos and big games tell me everything I need to know about cr7!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

white_star wrote:His passing and reaction is out of this world I'm sorry but I can see pass the stepovers and tap ins, the clasicos and big games tell me everything I need to know about cr7!
the tap ins? Have you ever played football? Tap ins aren't as easy as you think. Why do players as good as benzema not score tap ins? If tap ins are so bad then I guess Gomez is worse then cuenca, RVP is overrated, etc.
You need very good reactions and a good touch to score a "tap in".
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 am

billionmillion wrote:Giggity start talking about biasedness after changing your avatar
Giggity5313 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

Senor Penguin wrote:
2006-2011:
2003-2011:

argue your points instead of BS comments. where i was biased (i think no where in this thread) you show me it . if you can not then gtfo with your beloved CR

You even admitted to fanboyism, and alot of madrid fans will know how badly I was killing CR about the clasico. Messi scores loads of tap ins like ronaldo, yet when messi scores them we don't call them tap ins.

As to whos the better player? Messi, and it is an insult to compare him to ronaldo.

Ronaldo is someone I like as a player and a person, problem?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am

I wouldnt swap Xavi for Cristiano, despite Xavi´s age.

He is a team player, he makes everyone around him better. Cristiano makes nobody better other than himself.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 am

The Franchise wrote:I wouldnt swap Xavi for Cristiano, despite Xavi´s age.

He is a team player, he makes everyone around him better. Cristiano makes nobody better other than himself.

Those 2 are the hardest to compare as well, they play completely different positions. Xavi is a CM, we have xabi alonso, who is not too far behind.

The system guardiola plays caters to xavi's strengths. There aren't many players like xavi either, and the potential value they have to the team. Pep saw that. Iniesta would perform in many other systems much easier and same to ronaldo, bar the mental block
+ ego.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:34 am

He is very far behind, but lets leave that alone.

Barca system caters to Xavi?

Look at the style Madrid play, its just as cetered to Cristiano. Mute point.

The perform in another system stuff is just talk, no proof, just assumption. Any coach who had Xavi would play a possession style, because he is that good.

Cristiano playing for Man Utd and sucking for Portugal doesnt make him better than Xavi, just because its "different system"

Its all a load of crap, Xavi would dominate his position for any team in the world.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 am

well we'll have to agree to disagree, just can't agree to the above really
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 am

Giggity5313 wrote:

You even admitted to fanboyism, and alot of madrid fans will know how badly I was killing CR about the clasico. Messi scores loads of tap ins like ronaldo, yet when messi scores them we don't call them tap ins.

As to whos the better player? Messi, and it is an insult to compare him to ronaldo.

Ronaldo is someone I like as a player and a person, problem?
if you love ronaldo then argue points show me where i was wrong instead of attacking me
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am

So, to clarify then.

Xavi for teams like Juve, Milan, Madrid, City, Chelsea etc who all have over 55% of the ball, sometimes 60%..Xavi wouldnt dominate his position in those teams?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 am

the madrid game isnt centred around ronaldo, not this season..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 am

Counter attacking football with quick transition looking to exploit spaces in behind and in the final 1/3.

How is that style not suited to Cristiano´s skillset? It certaintly isnt put in place for Ozil or even Benzema.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am

it suits cristiano but then it suits a majority of our players who all are fast pacy and suited to the counter.. if anything alonso with his passing ability is more important to the system... ronaldo exploits the system the best but our system has worked even in matches hes been rested in and specially this season our offensive players bar ozil have performed better .. ronaldo is the best attacker but our game isnt centred around him
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 am

I didnt say who was the most important, I said the system is catered for him, which it is.

Just because it works without him doesnt make that wrong, just like we can win without Xavi.

Your style of play gets the best out of his strengths...the exact same as Xavi and our system. All I ever said.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:32 am

Oh my goodness I thought we are past this "Xavi is nothing without Pep's system" crock of shit.

Cristiano has a whole system pretty much catered to his hissy fit preference which was essentially tailor-made by Mou when he wasn't performing early in the season last year.

Xavi performs simply because he is capable of it and as much as people feel Espana's system is the same, (contrary to the fact the enormous differences in VDBs system) he does it there to.

He would dominate possession even in Stoke!

As for my opinion on the player, Xavi is overall a more effective and superior player to Ronaldo and COMFORTABLY at that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 am

Haters gonna hate.
"I dont think alot about the future, I prefer to enjoy the moment" CR7
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/12/29/2821912/real-madrids-cristiano-ronaldo-la-liga-is-the-best-league-in-the-
Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 4 152743hp2
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next