Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

+26
FennecFox7
Onyx
Lord Awesome
BestInTheWorld
Berbaflop
Zees
billionmillion
LeSwagg James
Arquitecto
billy_gr
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
7amood11
The Messiah
ijomer
Senor Penguin
Giggslegend
McLewis
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
Omniscient
Lex
El Chelsea Fuerte
LeVersacci
Khaled
huntsman
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 am

Haters gonna hate.
"I dont think alot about the future, I prefer to enjoy the moment" CR7
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/12/29/2821912/real-madrids-cristiano-ronaldo-la-liga-is-the-best-league-in-the-
Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 5 152743hp2

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are all good & God Knows I Love them But Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D'or

Post by white_star Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:15 am

^ he should really stop popping that collar its so stupid!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:56 am

how do you know xavi would dominate possession even in stoke considering hes never played outside of spain and barca while ronaldo only succeeds in teams which suit his style of play??

not saying that xavi cant dominate there or anything but at best it is an assumption and personal opinion not fact
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:33 am

Ronaldo entertains me.
Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 am

teamanarchy wrote:Ronaldo entertains me.
Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
Logic of the average MADridista here folks :lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
I see you got ur warning level up gz..I havent trolled or derailed a topic in 3 months, and the mods dont even consider rofl.
Anyway CR7 is top 3 ballondor condender.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:13 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
No.
It's simple.
I watch football for entertainment primarily. Not so that I can boast about my team being the best or that player x is the GOAT or whatever.
I'm a purist and I watch because it is a great sport. Then, I like to pick up on finer intricacies such as who is in form/out of form, what style each team is playing and whatever.
I obviously watch Madrid every week, because they play the most entertaining football IMO.
Then, in the past I watched Barca regularly as well. But these days, I can barely stand to watch a full Barca game, because it bores me. Yes, they consistently win, and they do so by playing great football. But because of players like Xavi, the game becomes boring to watch (and the same can be said for the spanish NT).
Then, I get a good intake of EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1...
And TBH, I'd rather watch Nancy vs St Ettienne than have to snooze through a Barca game, and for that reason, I cannot rate Xavi above players who entertain like Ronaldo
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:31 am

I’ll go with this too.
Xavi entertains me when he rapes Madrid ergo he’s better
:coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:34 am

teamanarchy wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
No.
It's simple.
I watch football for entertainment primarily. Not so that I can boast about my team being the best or that player x is the GOAT or whatever.
I'm a purist and I watch because it is a great sport. Then, I like to pick up on finer intricacies such as who is in form/out of form, what style each team is playing and whatever.
I obviously watch Madrid every week, because they play the most entertaining football IMO.
Then, in the past I watched Barca regularly as well. But these days, I can barely stand to watch a full Barca game, because it bores me. Yes, they consistently win, and they do so by playing great football. But because of players like Xavi, the game becomes boring to watch (and the same can be said for the spanish NT).
Then, I get a good intake of EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1...
And TBH, I'd rather watch Nancy vs St Ettienne than have to snooze through a Barca game, and for that reason, I cannot rate Xavi above players who entertain like Ronaldo
So watching Penaldo score penalty hat tricks against relegation fodder is more interesting than tiki taka? Laughing just jog on son

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 am

I'm not a fan of Ronaldo or even our style of play that much but I can certainly agree that Barca's tiki-taka nonsense can be boring to watch as well. There's no entertainment value in watching Valdes have as much possession as Biscuits - watching them pass it back to Valdes regularly and start the build up from there is extremely boring.

Liverpool 04/05 was by far more entertaining than the constant tiki-taka of the current Barca side, but that was also a very special and unique season for Liverpool (magical in fact). Rijkaard's Barca were also often more entertaining too.

I also don't believe Madrid plays the most entertaining football. In my opinion we played some much more entertaining games when Capello was coach but I can't really complain, because Mourinho brings us results regardless of how we play (and that's probably for the best right now).

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am

Senor Penguin wrote:I'm not a fan of Ronaldo or even our style of play that much but I can certainly agree that Barca's tiki-taka nonsense can be boring to watch as well. There's no entertainment value in watching Valdes have as much possession as Biscuits - watching them pass it back to Valdes regularly and start the build up from there is extremely boring.

Liverpool 04/05 was by far more entertaining than the constant tiki-taka of the current Barca side, but that was also a very special and unique season for Liverpool (magical in fact). Rijkaard's Barca were also often more entertaining too.

I also don't believe Madrid plays the most entertaining football. In my opinion we played some much more entertaining games when Capello was coach but I can't really complain, because Mourinho brings us results regardless of how we play (and that's probably for the best right now).
I didint watch Real Madrid when Capello was in charge, but far as I know, we were a mess back then. Being inconsistent at times, always in a need of fighting back when we were a goal or two behind and then theres Capellos way of hoofing the ball tactic. I think Mourinho is doing excellent job with Real Madrid, we are playing one of the best counter attack football, our defence is much better compared to Capellos, Im just very happy we have Mourinho as our coach for now.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 am

The xcx wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:I'm not a fan of Ronaldo or even our style of play that much but I can certainly agree that Barca's tiki-taka nonsense can be boring to watch as well. There's no entertainment value in watching Valdes have as much possession as Biscuits - watching them pass it back to Valdes regularly and start the build up from there is extremely boring.

I didint watch Real Madrid when Capello was in charge, but far as I know, we were a mess back then. Being inconsistent at times, always in a need of fighting back when we were a goal or two behind and then theres Capellos way of hoofing the ball tactic. I think Mourinho is doing excellent job with Real Madrid, we are playing one of the best counter attack football, our defence is much better compared to Capellos, Im just very happy we have Mourinho as our coach for now.
By no means was Capello's Madrid better than the current side but if you look at the player material he had at his disposal and the opponents in the league back then, there's no doubt that he did a very good job to give us the league.

It was also entertaining because of the struggles we had. I don't find Mourinho's counter attacking to be entertaining and it certainly doesn't work that well for us when we really need it (read: against Barca).

In my opinion we played the best when we gave up counter attacking as we did in the Supercup matches. You can argue that we played better than Barca at a lot of times during those matches. They were just more clinical in their finishing and chance creation.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:45 am

Senor Penguin wrote:
The xcx wrote:

By no means was Capello's Madrid better than the current side but if you look at the player material he had at his disposal and the opponents in the league back then, there's no doubt that he did a very good job to give us the league.

It was also entertaining because of the struggles we had. I don't find Mourinho's counter attacking to be entertaining and it certainly doesn't work that well for us when we really need it (read: against Barca).

In my opinion we played the best when we gave up counter attacking as we did in the Supercup matches. You can argue that we played better than Barca at a lot of times during those matches. They were just more clinical in their finishing and chance creation.
Entertainment for neutrals thats for sure, but really not for me maybe. We can give alot of trouble with our counter attacking against barca, its that the CR7 always bottles against them, swap him against CalleGOAT, and we would perish them fo sho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 am

The xcx wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Entertainment for neutrals thats for sure, but really not for me maybe. We can give alot of trouble with our counter attacking against barca, its that the CR7 always bottles against them, swap him against CalleGOAT, and we would perish them fo sho.
Absolutely correct. You just can't argue against the fact that King Callejon would be a pain in the ass for the philosopher and his crew. The Madridismo spirit cannot be contained, regardless of how many midgets try to suppress it. The force is strong.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 am

Amen
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:33 am

i have still never understood how calderon sacked capello for boring.. boring title wins dont get movies made on it
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Calderon was the worst thing to happen to Madrid in the last decade. Not Perez...
He was an embaressment
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Xavi puts me to sleep.
Ergo, IMHO, CR7>Xavi
Quaresma entertains me.
Ergo, Quaresma > CR7

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5