aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Ricky Rubio NBA debut Empty Re: Ricky Rubio NBA debut

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Did well, last night played too and played a similar but less special plays performance.

I like him, I see him becoming a very unique but effective player. Some kind of poor mans Jason Kidd with a European twist.

I can see him doing big things if the TWolves can mature and and add some peices.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Que the hype machine. No doubt he had a good first 2 games, showed great vision and nice passes but he's already overrated. He's going to be very good but at this point he's Jason Williams-lite. How come no one is talking about the rookies Norris Cole who lit the Celtics up last night, or Kemba Walker who clinched the Bobcats win with clutch plays? Both were better than Rubio.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Also.......Barca DNA :dance:
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:Also.......Barca DNA :dance:

to be honest, juventut made him Smile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:23 pm

aleumdance wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Also.......Barca DNA :dance:

to be honest, juventut made him Smile

True.

But they also a Catalan team so ill take it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

dmize wrote:Que the hype machine. No doubt he had a good first 2 games, showed great vision and nice passes but he's already overrated. He's going to be very good but at this point he's Jason Williams-lite. How come no one is talking about the rookies Norris Cole who lit the Celtics up last night, or Kemba Walker who clinched the Bobcats win with clutch plays? Both were better than Rubio.

Nah, thats a bit unfair. He isnt the turnover machine Williams was.

Also, in terms of hyping guys. I like pure points who are pass first, not undersized 2´s who have to play point.

Dont get me wrong I like those two and was very surprised by Norris, but Rubio is my type of point gaurd.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:36 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:Que the hype machine. No doubt he had a good first 2 games, showed great vision and nice passes but he's already overrated. He's going to be very good but at this point he's Jason Williams-lite. How come no one is talking about the rookies Norris Cole who lit the Celtics up last night, or Kemba Walker who clinched the Bobcats win with clutch plays? Both were better than Rubio.

Nah, thats a bit unfair. He isnt the turnover machine Williams was.

He turned the ball over 3 times last night on just 4 assists.

And neither Cole or Kemba are undersized 2 guards, lol. Especially not Cole, he's a passing guard with plenty of size for the point. He scored first because he had to in college. And Kemba's maybe undersized(so was Iverson though and I'd take him in his prime) and can player either position, but the Bobcats offense ran better when he was at the point w/ Henderson off ball.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah, but the turnovers werent like Williams. Basically doing flashy nonesense for no reason. Also, Williams averaged more than 4 a game.

Cole and Norris perhaps arent undersized two, but they are guys who force their own shot too much for my liking and while they can be great players (much like Iverson was) I personally think true points are rare and Rubio is one of them.

Its not so much about who is better between the 3, its more about styles.

I mean, I would get more excited about a big man who came into the league with Duncan-like post moves over another jumping jack like say Blake or Amare. Its not exactly about who is better, just what is rare and what is a "dying breed" so to speak.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, but the turnovers werent like Williams. Basically doing flashy nonesense for no reason. Also, Williams averaged more than 4 a game.

Cole and Norris perhaps arent undersized two, but they are guys who force their own shot too much for my liking and while they can be great players (much like Iverson was) I personally think true points are rare and Rubio is one of them.

I mean, I would get more excited about a big man who came into the league with Duncan-like post moves over another jumping jack like say Blake or Amare. Its not exactly about who is better, just what is rare and what is a "dying breed" so to speak.

So why aren't you going crazy over Brook Lopez banana
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Because he struggles to get 6 rebounds a game lol

I like his offensive game though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, but the turnovers werent like Williams. Basically doing flashy nonesense for no reason. Also, Williams averaged more than 4 a game.

FWIW, Williams only averaged 3.7 TO 1 year, and his best assist year(8.2) he only averaged 2 TO's.

Fair enough and true, a true-point guard is rare these days. That's why I love watching Rondo. But wouldn't you agree he still has too much hype at this point.

And I think Kemba just has "it". He's in that MJ mold in that he's going to a winner.

Last edited by dmize on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

And Lopez is lazy as hell, he even admitted he's been lazy(who does that?).

Edit: a lot of college and NBA scouts think Jahlil Okafor is the next great traditional center.

Great post moves for a young kid.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 pm

dmize wrote:

FWIW, Williams only averaged 3.7 TO 1 year, and his best assist year(8.2) he only averaged 2 TO's.

Fair enough and true, a true-point guard is rare these days. That's why I love watching Rondo. But wouldn't you agree he still has too much hype at this point.

And I think Kemba just has "it". He's in that MJ mold in that he's going to a winner.

3.7 isnt far from 4, but I concede I over did it. Shouldnt have because I actually liked him (Williams) more than most.

Overall, I see your point. He is getting too much hype already, but I think most of the people that do it are Europeans or young and like the flashy style. I saw alot of Americans calling him a bust before even playing a game, so I think it goes both ways.

Anyway, its 2 games in, we shouldt go so far and by into anything right now. Its easy to get carried away.

I didnt watch Kemba, only the highlights so I cant comment on his overall game more than the impression I got. The mentality you speak of, I would need to watch alot more than I have.

I think we can all agree the league is point gaurd heavy right now and with alot of different possibilities.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Wide frame on the kid, I like it. Looks like he enjoys the banging, which to me is just as important as mvoes. Yi Jianlian has post moves, but he dont want contact so its useless.

The kid looks nice, not much lift there, but with skill and size you can overcome that. How tall is he?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:Wide frame on the kid, I like it. Looks like he enjoys the banging, which to me is just as important as mvoes. Yi Jianlian has post moves, but he dont want contact so its useless.

The kid looks nice, not much lift there, but with skill and size you can overcome that. How tall is he?

Yeah that seems to be the main knock, lacks athleticism, but I'm reading 6'11 not sure how accurate that is though. And only a sophomore so maybe he adds an inch or two. Also he's a distant cousin of Emeka Okafor.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 pm

I was thinking, Okafor is no common name (unless in Nigeria obviously lol) so I wondered if there was at least some kind of connection.

Anyway, 6´11 is good size, I think for a center of this type, if your over 6´10 then you should be fine really.

Nice skills, looks cooridnated and while he isnt dunking over guys, that is probably a plus in terms of devolping his skills.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down