Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

+19
Blue
barca 2011
Albiceleste
nichabr
Funkentelechy
Le Samourai
hrealmadrid
Ganso
Raptorgunner
Gil
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
izzy
RealGunner
DeviAngel
Pedram
windkick
EarlyPrototype
Dnmac4
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window????? Empty Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:52 am

I've said it before and I will say it again. I am stunned no one is trying to pick up Damiao in the Jan Transfer Window. This man is ready to go to any league and start banging in goals right away. He would be a god send in the EPL and we hear other names like Bent to Pool or Nilmar to Roma, or teams buying Hulk for 80 mill pounds etc etc.

He is going to cost probably anywhere between 20-25 mill, and that is a steal for a guy who will be IMO in the top 2-3 goal scorers in any league he plays in. I actually think his game is better suited for the EPL and like I said he would solve Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Villa, Newcastle (BA is leaving) and a multitude of other teams scoring problems.

The man has 40 goals in 51 appearances this year not to mention in the pre season action in Europe against Barca and AC Milan he looked the best player on the pitch at times and was banging in goals as well.

MARK MY WORDS, who ever gets him is stealing him if you compare what players like Neymar and Hulk will go for.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window????? Empty Re: Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 am

Tottenham wanted him before they got Ade, but his price was too high.

I don't see why they would replace him.

The teams that could afford him don't really need him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window????? Empty Re: Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

Post by windkick Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:55 am

Lucas from Sao Palo in my opinion is the best young player in Brazil, just ahead of the likes of Oscar from Inter, Damiao, Neymar etc

All these guys will be moving sooner or later. I think Casemiro is headed to Arsenal as soon as this window
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:55 am

I heard Tottenham was after him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 am

Spurs
EarlyPrototype wrote:Tottenham wanted him before they got Ade, but his price was too high.

Spurs should get him in the event Adebayor doesnt stay after his loan
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 am

We wanted him but delayed our move for him until June
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:57 am

they rejected 20m from Tottenham last summer.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:58 am

Brazillian league has money. They don't need to sell cheap anymore.

His price will inflate very soon.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:59 am

windkick wrote:Spurs
EarlyPrototype wrote:Tottenham wanted him before they got Ade, but his price was too high.

Spurs should get him in the event Adebayor doesnt stay after his loan

Would be a stupid from Ade because he is not going to find a better club.
If he goes then Damiao would be good for Spurs.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm talking specifically about Chelsea or Pool in the EPL for this window. In the summer I Think some other teams should look at him. Even Arsenal could use him to backup or play with Van Persie and keep Damiao in the event RVP leaves.

Also, in Serie A Juve is looking for forwards and Milan is looking at Tevez for the same amount of money I would take Damiao everyday of the week. Inter could use a forward although they already have some old ones, and Roma wants Nilmar and Damiao IMO is twice the player.

Also, what Izzy said is right, his price is going to shoot way up in the summer. People need to buy him right now while they are still getting him for a reasonable price.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Damiao and Ba hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Liverpool are being linked with Bent. I would take Bent over Damiao. If they don't get him then yeh they should go for him, but that means they have given up on Carrol.

Chelsea could use him tbh, but Milan don't need him since Tevez > Damiao even though they are different players.

Sadly Newcastle can't afford him though Ba and Damiao would be sexy.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 pm

PSG is interested in case they cant land Kaka. Last i heard they had a representative meeting with Sao Paulo to talk price
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Poachers are a dying breed and for a good reason too. No thank you.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 pm

He's so much more than a "poacher" Gil, ask Ganso if you dont believe me lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Gil wrote:Poachers are a dying breed and for a good reason too. No thank you.

Pouchers wouldn't be able to do rain bow flicks over someone, :bow:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 pm

From what i understand, Damiao is a lot more than a "poacher". He has size and technique which makes him a complete forward. He is no chicharito

And that kind of player is not disappearing, on the contrary, skilled big men are important in football now, given that more and more teams are playing with 1 CF, and with wingers and AMs behind their CF.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Bent. I would take Bent over Damiao. If they don't get him then yeh they should go for him, but that means they have given up on Carrol.

Chelsea could use him tbh, but Milan don't need him since Tevez > Damiao even though they are different players.

I really like Bent a lot, but Damiao IMO is a better player. He has more talent then Bent and his cealing is way way higher plus he is a lot younger.

As for Tevez and Milan. Give me Damiao over Tevez every day of the week, You have no clue what your getting from Tevez and IMO his best days are behind him. Plus he can't stay anywhere for more then 2 years and will be a total headache after year 1 no matter what. His risk/reward just isn't worth it IMO, but to be fair I am very hard on Tevez as I think he is an idiot and a cancer.

Bent with BA would be out of control. They would terrorize the EPL as Damiao is a very good passer in the final third as well.

As for someone calling him a poacher, LOL. Now I know you haven't seen him play much. The guy is so much more then that. He is VERY fast, can pass in the final third, his dribbling is great for a front man, and he is very creative, plus he has a hell of a header.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Why is no one buying Denilson from Arsenal? Denilson could tear La Liga apart.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Thiago and Denilson supporting Messi and Cesc hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Thiago and Denilson supporting Messi and Cesc hmm
:bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Bent. I would take Bent over Damiao. If they don't get him then yeh they should go for him, but that means they have given up on Carrol.

I really like Bent a lot, but Damiao IMO is a better player. He has more talent then Bent and his cealing is way way higher plus he is a lot younger.

As for Tevez and Milan. Give me Damiao over Tevez every day of the week, You have no clue what your getting from Tevez and IMO his best days are behind him. Plus he can't stay anywhere for more then 2 years and will be a total headache after year 1 no matter what. His risk/reward just isn't worth it IMO, but to be fair I am very hard on Tevez as I think he is an idiot and a cancer.

Bent with BA would be out of control. They would terrorize the EPL as Damiao is a very good passer in the final third as well.

As for someone calling him a poacher, LOL. Now I know you haven't seen him play much. The guy is so much more then that. He is VERY fast, can pass in the final third, his dribbling is great for a front man, and he is very creative, plus he has a hell of a header.

That depends what Liverpool and Milan want. Long term? then yeh of course Damiao would be the better choice, but there is no way he would score more goals than bent in his first season.

Same goes for Tevez. He would be a much better buy for Milan if we were talking about winning trophies within the next few seasons.

I wont disagree though Damiao looks like he has the higher ceiling. I will take your word for it because you have seen him a lot.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Tottenham was after him but we didnt want to sell for less than 20M.tottenham offered 15 or 12.

I read PSG is after him,but Damiao like every talented youngster from over here doesnt want to move yet.

People need to understand that Ganso,Neymar,Damiao,Lucas etc have played 1-2 seasons with their teams,its too early to move.Besides,they get high wages and want to guarantee a spot in the WC.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:PSG is interested in case they cant land Kaka. Last i heard they had a representative meeting with Sao Paulo to talk price
damiao doesnt play for sao paulo.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah Damiao is legit
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next