Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

+19
Blue
barca 2011
Albiceleste
nichabr
Funkentelechy
Le Samourai
hrealmadrid
Ganso
Raptorgunner
Gil
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
izzy
RealGunner
DeviAngel
Pedram
windkick
EarlyPrototype
Dnmac4
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah Damiao is legit

hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why isn't anyone buying Leandro Damiao in the Window?????

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Internacional i meant, lol, obvious typo is obvious
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Basically the Brazillian Llorente right?

Don't get why someone hasn't already splashed on either of them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 pm

yeah,hes a lot like llorente.but hes not fast as someone mentioned.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 pm

I've always thought the main thing lacking in his game is speed. He's not the fastest
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm

>>>>>>>>Italian leauge :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 pm

higuain and benz arent fast either
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Ganso wrote:higuain and benz arent fast either

Higuain is.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Benz is relatively fast as well.He certainly isn't slow.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:07 pm

when i mean fast i meant walcott,pato type of fast,benz,higuain and damiao have around the same speed
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 pm

When people go out of their way to say someone's not fast I usually assume they're slow..... Surprised
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Ganso wrote:when i mean fast i meant walcott,pato type of fast,benz,higuain and damiao have around the same speed

Walcott and Pato are exceptions, not many players in the world have godly speed like them.

Damiao is not fast as Higuain.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah..Damiao is nowhere near as fast as Higuain or Benz.

Last edited by hrealmadrid on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Don't think he, as well as many other brazilian youngsters, will leave before the Libertadores.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm

i think he would fit best at napoli.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Bent. I would take Bent over Damiao. If they don't get him then yeh they should go for him, but that means they have given up on Carrol.

Chelsea could use him tbh, but Milan don't need him since Tevez > Damiao even though they are different players.

Sadly Newcastle can't afford him though Ba and Damiao would be sexy.

I really like Bent a lot, but Damiao IMO is a better player. He has more talent then Bent and his cealing is way way higher plus he is a lot younger.

As for Tevez and Milan. Give me Damiao over Tevez every day of the week, You have no clue what your getting from Tevez and IMO his best days are behind him. Plus he can't stay anywhere for more then 2 years and will be a total headache after year 1 no matter what. His risk/reward just isn't worth it IMO, but to be fair I am very hard on Tevez as I think he is an idiot and a cancer.

Bent with BA would be out of control. They would terrorize the EPL as Damiao is a very good passer in the final third as well.

As for someone calling him a poacher, LOL. Now I know you haven't seen him play much. The guy is so much more then that. He is VERY fast, can pass in the final third, his dribbling is great for a front man, and he is very creative, plus he has a hell of a header.
you're taking this tevez thing way too far, fcks sake 8 months ago he was joint top scorer of the EPL. He's in a his prime. Tevez >>>>>>>>> Damiao all day long, Damiao could score 20 goals at most in his first season in Europe.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Ganso wrote:when i mean fast i meant walcott,pato type of fast,benz,higuain and damiao have around the same speed
Pipita is extremely fast, if you remember before his back injury he had some pace on him, while Benz is fatter and slower

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
windkick wrote:Spurs
EarlyPrototype wrote:Tottenham wanted him before they got Ade, but his price was too high.

I don't see why they would replace him.

The teams that could afford him don't really need him.

Spurs should get him in the event Adebayor doesnt stay after his loan

Would be a stupid from Ade because he is not going to find a better club.
If he goes then Damiao would be good for Spurs.
seriously, just yesterday i was playing fifa 12 online with spurs and thinking "ade's good, but spurs need a higher class striker to match the rest of the team, but who"? And today, boom. Damiao, he'd be great. Perfect fit it would seem like.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Tottenham wanted him before they got Ade, but his price was too high.

seriously, just yesterday i was playing fifa 12 online with spurs and thinking "ade's good, but spurs need a higher class striker to match the rest of the team, but who"? And today, boom. Damiao, he'd be great. Perfect fit it would seem like.

Adebayor has been great for Spurs, he is easily one of the biggest reason why Spurs are in the position they are.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Blue wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

Adebayor has been great for Spurs, he is easily one of the biggest reason why Spurs are in the position they are.
Well im not saying get rid of Ade, just get Damiao as well. I think i made it sound like they should get rid of him, my bad. not what i meant.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Ganso wrote:higuain and benz arent fast either

Benzema is alot faster sprinting then you'd think trust me. He had back problems last season which hindered his speed
And LOL LM@ i see what u did there Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Actually, LM is right. Higuain used to be really fast, but since his injury his speed has been toned down abit.

Benzema is not slow but he is not the fastest. He is a pure skill player, doesn't really rely on his pace anyway Very Happy
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 pm

I don't know about pure skill, he's quite strong as well
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Bent. I would take Bent over Damiao. If they don't get him then yeh they should go for him, but that means they have given up on Carrol.

Chelsea could use him tbh, but Milan don't need him since Tevez > Damiao even though they are different players.

I really like Bent a lot, but Damiao IMO is a better player. He has more talent then Bent and his cealing is way way higher plus he is a lot younger.

As for Tevez and Milan. Give me Damiao over Tevez every day of the week, You have no clue what your getting from Tevez and IMO his best days are behind him. Plus he can't stay anywhere for more then 2 years and will be a total headache after year 1 no matter what. His risk/reward just isn't worth it IMO, but to be fair I am very hard on Tevez as I think he is an idiot and a cancer.

Bent with BA would be out of control. They would terrorize the EPL as Damiao is a very good passer in the final third as well.

As for someone calling him a poacher, LOL. Now I know you haven't seen him play much. The guy is so much more then that. He is VERY fast, can pass in the final third, his dribbling is great for a front man, and he is very creative, plus he has a hell of a header.
you're taking this tevez thing way too far, fcks sake 8 months ago he was joint top scorer of the EPL. He's in a his prime. Tevez >>>>>>>>> Damiao all day long, Damiao could score 20 goals at most in his first season in Europe.

I can see why you would say that but first of all I think Damiao walks into any league as long as he's on a good team and starts scoring goals at a good clip right away. I don't think he's capped at 20 goals if he plays in 40 games which would mean he's a starter at all.

Physically and maturity wise he is ready to go, I don't think he needs much adjustment time at all, I mean he went over to Europe in the Summer and ripped it apart. I know it was pre season but it was also against Barca and Milan.

As for Tevez, you have no clue what your getting from him. Why do you think only 2 or 3 teams want him and really only on a loan? Last time he played at Copa America he was AWFUL, just TERRIBLE.

He's gonna be out of shape with a terrible attitude and expect to start right away. Not to mention no matter where he is, in year two you can forget it, he's done and is a cancer. How many times does he need to prove this for people to realize it's a trend not an exception.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

I can see why you would say that but first of all I think Damiao walks into any league as long as he's on a good team and starts scoring goals at a good clip right away. I don't think he's capped at 20 goals if he plays in 40 games which would mean he's a starter at all.

Physically and maturity wise he is ready to go, I don't think he needs much adjustment time at all, I mean he went over to Europe in the Summer and ripped it apart. I know it was pre season but it was also against Barca and Milan.

As for Tevez, you have no clue what your getting from him. Why do you think only 2 or 3 teams want him and really only on a loan? Last time he played at Copa America he was AWFUL, just TERRIBLE.

He's gonna be out of shape with a terrible attitude and expect to start right away. Not to mention no matter where he is, in year two you can forget it, he's done and is a cancer. How many times does he need to prove this for people to realize it's a trend not an exception.

2-3 teams want him on loan because
1. He costs almost a fortune.
2. His disciplinary problems.

Plus, Marwood of City has already confirmed more than 3 teams desire his services.

Copa America? I assume you support Argentina right? This team was lead by the greaseball Batista who is possibly one of the worst tacticians to ever step foot for the managerial job. His naive tactics (or complete lack thereof) were the demise of every player within the team as Lavezzi, Higuian, Pastore, Banega, Di Maria, and to some extent, Kun Aguero and Messi all had poor performances. They ALL looked a shadow of themselves and I don't really blame them for that.

As for him being finished, is there any clear indication that actually leads to this conclusion? Besides scoring 54 goals in the last 2 years for his club?

If he DIDN'T piss of the City fans I am 100% sure he would be picked by the fans and Mancini over all their forwards as thats how good he was for them.

As for his disciplinary problems this was common in Manchester City considering the clash of egos and general disputes that occurred repeatedly the years before this season due to poor mis-management of players and other factors.

While I do agree he is a livewire I am 100% sure Milan when they acquire him will able to successfully tame Tevez. Why? If you want to know further on this I will gladly explain.

As for his fitness I guess you don't know he has been training but only separately as his agent has confirmed his more intense training sessions to prepare for his next club and has been doing so for 2 months. Only thing he lacks now is match experience after his long period out.

OT: Damiao is a terrific striker and is the only true 9 for Brazil. While I am happy about the incoming Tevez deal, this is the man I've always wanted Milan to invest in as he to me is the true replacement for when Ibra gets tired and old.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Brasil league eh?
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next