The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Knicks are 20-27 since the Carmelo trade.

Not Melo's fault but thats what happened when you gut the roster for one dude.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 pm

If Otis is that big of an idiot let him be.....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Kinda OT but I got NBA2k12 recently. Pretty awesome game so far. Online is tough, I play someone who used the Heat in one of my first games and I just got wrecked. This dude knew every single way to abuse LeBron. He only used Wade when he had to or if he got him wide open.

My Player Mode looks improved, I played it last year and it's a lot of fun. Anyone else have 2k?

Also(I'll put it in spoiler tags to make the post shorter)
Spoiler:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 pm

I wanted to get 2k12, but I got the red light of death so thats the end of that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 pm

btw what has happened to Nets???
i thought they would spend some $$ to get more big names...

was hoping that their last season in NJ would be good....

my sister gets free tix to Prudential center so i am waiting to decide when to go watch them....they are too poor atm for me to waste the tixs...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Cant get players if you aint got squat to trade with.

Free agency, but someone has to want to go there.

They are the QPR of the NBA.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Speaking of the Nets Marshon Brooks is playing real well. I saw him play live quite a few times in college. I had a good feeling he'd make a quick adjustment to the pros.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am

Lakers on a skid but Kobe playing well....

Gasol is being such a pussy.

Question: Prime Garnett or Tim Duncan?

One is a center and one is a Power forwad , but I think people get so caught up in Duncan's rings that they fail to realize how effing amazing a Prime Garnett really was.

At One point he was averaging 27,15,5 and 2 blocks.That's just not right.He was really unlucky that Casell got injured in 04 , that was still a great series tho from what I remember......Garnett was beasting.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 am

"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." =Kobe

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am

I'd take Prime Garnett
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Lakers on a skid but Kobe playing well....

Gasol is being such a pussy.

Question: Prime Garnett or Tim Duncan?

One is a center and one is a Power forwad , but I think people get so caught up in Duncan's rings that they fail to realize how effing amazing a Prime Garnett really was.

At One point he was averaging 27,15,5 and 2 blocks.That's just not right.He was really unlucky that Casell got injured in 04 , that was still a great series tho from what I remember......Garnett was beasting.

Duncan is a powerforward for me, his prime was with Robinson and Nesterovic at center.

Its ballsy to take KG, I respect that from you and dimze.

Me, im not sure. I see it like this, at their very maximum, it may be KG. But Duncan has the consistency and the rings, which honestly he won without another real allstar, rather borderline guys.

If I have to pick one though for a one off series, im afraid its Duncan. Better low post scorer, can play center or powerforward against anyone other than Shaq and not far away from KG defensively while being a better rim protector.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 am

I'd admit I never was a huge fan of Duncan so that weighed into it a bit. I also think Garnett when he first came into the league(he actually played the 3 at first IIRC) w/ his handle, athleticism, passing ability, defense, tenacity etc was just a monster. No one else really like him at the time. When he got into his prime he was averaging 24/14/6 in one season. One thing that's overlooked about KG was that he was averaging 6 assists in his prime as well as 14 rebounds. All in all two totally different styles of forwards, and Duncan was obviously more successful in the postseason. But from an individual player standpoint I think I would still take KG, mainly because in his prime, he could do it all. His game didn't have many, if any weaknesses.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:40 am

Oh and LOL @ the Magic. Rondo and Ray Allen were sidelined and they somehow manage to lose by 30 while putting up an abysmal 56 points. 20 total in the 2nd half. the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Laff the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 16 Laff
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 am

John Wall finally has an off night.

I love watching that guy play.

dmize wrote:Oh and LOL @ the Magic. Rondo and Ray Allen were sidelined and they somehow manage to lose by 30 while putting up an abysmal 57 points. 20 total in the 2nd half.

As for the Magic unless Otis Smith wants cap space. There's no reason to keep Howard if he really wants out and they can forget about equal value cause that's non-existent in this case.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 am

I agree about KG dmize, at his prime he really was a true monster.

He did for me, have one weakness though. Back to the basket moves.

He shots a few too many fadeaways for my taste and he has lower shooting % than Duncan because of that.

On the last posession, or if you have to got to a guy 3 or 4 times in a row then it would have to be Duncan.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah true his back to the basket moves didn't develop until later. HOwever his face up game more than made up for it. Which was amazing. He'd take 4's out to the 3 pt and get whatever he wanted against them. He did fade away too much(sometimes still does) but that fadeaway is unblockable against most tall defenders.

Also for Duncan being more of a post player he really never shot much better than KG. During his prime he shot 50, 51, and 50%. Garnett shot 50, 50, 52. First 3 years in Boston shot 54, 53, and 52%.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 pm

I wouldnt really count the Boston years offensively, other then maybe his first, because he was playing differently.

The % of his baskets which were assisted I imagine went WAY up.

But look in the playoffs, Duncan had years putting up some dominating performances. For me, more so than KG (though KG didnt always make the playoffs, not his fault).

Like 02-03.
24 games, 24.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.3 bpg on 52% shooting.

He also had series postseasons shooting 52% 5 times, 53% 1 and even an 57% (13 games only though).

Also, I dont remember any clutch performances from KG, those face ups lead to more jumpers then drives and that cost him in the clutch.

I think its VERY close and I understand KG played with some terrible teams, but its hard to ignore 4 rings, 2x mvp, 3x final mvp and the best regular season record over the last decade

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm

I mean I'm not factoring in playoff success, simply because that depends on their supporting casts. Something Garnett had no control over. Put TD on those T-Wolves teams and he doesn't get a ring either. KG was past his prime when he finally got a good supporting team, and he still put up extremely efficient numbers for those 3 regular seasons. And IIRC he was pretty great in his first Boston PS as well. People say TD is the best PF ever, and I'm inclined to agree because of the 4 titles. However, switch KG and TD, 4 titles for Garnett, 1 for TD. Is Duncan still the best PF ever?

Edit: OT, but Ray Allen was the MVP of that NBA Finals in my mind. They gave it to PP as a lifetime achievement award but Ray was the best in that series.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I agree, switch them two around and its a different story in terms of winning. People use that arguement alot and its often false, but for these two I really think it is.

Yeah, PP wasnt really MVP, he was just the "best player" on the winning team, even if he didnt play at that level.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 am

Damn the Bobcats are terrible, Kemba's a beast though. 22 points right now. I'd like to see what his #'s are since starting.

Edit(smh at this group):
Tyrus Thomas - Completely wasted potential. He's played terrible. Didn't Charlotte give up a 1st rounder for this guy?
Derrick Brown - Black hole. If he gets the ball, don't expect to see it again.
Byron Mullens - Has had a good year so far(esp from mid-range) but another black hole on offense. Can't/won't pass.
Boris Diaw - Content to chuck up 3's and bad shots. Not too mention he came into the season fat. Thinks he's a point forward but he can't do that well either.
Cory Higgins - The GM's son. Enough said.
Gerald Henderson - Good player.
Bismack Biyombo - Really struggles on offense, extremely raw. He looks to dunk the ball, and if he can't do that he'll struggle to finish. But he's a monster on defense and will only improve.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 am

Love it.

My dad told me about Drazen, said he was a Real Madrid legend.

I have those nights they talk about but they're usually in my backyard...... Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm

dmize wrote:Damn the Bobcats are terrible, Kemba's a beast though. 22 points right now. I'd like to see what his #'s are since starting.

Edit(smh at this group):
Tyrus Thomas - Completely wasted potential. He's played terrible. Didn't Charlotte give up a 1st rounder for this guy?
Byron Mullens - Has had a good year so far(esp from mid-range) but another black hole on offense. Can't/won't pass.
Boris Diaw - Content to chuck up 3's and bad shots. Not too mention he came into the season fat. Thinks he's a point forward but he can't do that well either.
Bismack Biyombo - Really struggles on offense, extremely raw. He looks to dunk the ball, and if he can't do that he'll struggle to finish. But he's a monster on defense and will only improve.

Awful squad, really bad.

Diaw is such a talent, but he has no heart and no love for the game. Only intrested when the team is good, like in Phoenix, but aside from then, he doesnt care enough about the game. The shape he showed up in to camp was disgusting. At least 25lbs overweight and im being generous.

Tyrus has such talent, I watched him at LSU. I have never really been into college ball but there was a brief spell where I watched alot of LSU with him and Big Baby and alot of St. Joes with Nelson and West.

Problem with Tyrus is, like then, no brain. Can run and jump with any powerforward, he can even shoot the jumper a little bit now and we know about his ability block shots and occassionally rebound. But his brain is stuck in sand, he has no clue how to be consistently effective.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Drazen was a beast, a real cut throat killer and one hell of a shooter.

Easy top 5 shooter I ever seen, he might actually be top 3.

I didnt like his attitude though, if anyone every saw the documentary about him, Vlade Divac and those guys..didnt like the way he turned on Vlade.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 pm

In game seven in 2004 against Sacramento garnett put up a 30-20 game with 5 blocks and 4 steals. (or vise versa on the blocks and steals. either way though, unbelievable)

He held Weber to 16 points on 17 FGA.

Then during the next series, he played out of his mind. they lost 4-2 to LA, but he had to play point guard with Cassell out. he averaged about a 25-15-6 without cassell.

In game seven in 2004 against Sacramento garnett put up a 30-20 game with 5 blocks and 4 steals. (or vise versa on the blocks and steals. either way though, unbelievable)

Now where it really comes down to me if defensive impact.Sure Duncan was a better rim protector and and anchored those teams of defense but KG was one of the most versatile defenders in the history of the game and is probably the best pick and roll defender I've ever seen.But not only that, he gives his heart and soul , but more importantly, he forced everyone else to.

I dunno if there'll ever be a defender like him, today Noah comes to mind but hes still just a poor man's version.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Drazen was a beast, a real cut throat killer and one hell of a shooter.

Easy top 5 shooter I ever seen, he might actually be top 3.

I didnt like his attitude though, if anyone every saw the documentary about him, Vlade Divac and those guys..didnt like the way he turned on Vlade.

Yeah, that's what I was going say. If you ever get a chance check out the ESPN 30 for 30 "Once Brothers".

Edit: It's on YT
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:57 am

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:Damn the Bobcats are terrible, Kemba's a beast though. 22 points right now. I'd like to see what his #'s are since starting.

Edit(smh at this group):

Awful squad, really bad.

Diaw is such a talent, but he has no heart and no love for the game. Only intrested when the team is good, like in Phoenix, but aside from then, he doesnt care enough about the game. The shape he showed up in to camp was disgusting. At least 25lbs overweight and im being generous.

Tyrus has such talent, I watched him at LSU. I have never really been into college ball but there was a brief spell where I watched alot of LSU with him and Big Baby and alot of St. Joes with Nelson and West.

Yeah, Diaw showed up as a fat slob. And I really thought at one point w/ the Bulls TT was on the way to being a good player. He was developing his midranger nicely, and now, he's taken a massive step backwards.

And that St Joes squad was nice, but I'll maintain to this day that Emeka Okafor got robbed. He was the National Player of the Year that year, not Nelson. Dude averaged a double double on 60% shooting and led the nation in blocks while doing it. Although it was voted on before the tourny, so I'm sure that factored in.

Last edited by dmize on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next