Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

+36
Aensensen
kiranr
Rossoneri Ninja
Lord Awesome
SuperMAG
nichabr
Doc
REWB
the xcx
Adit
halamadrid2
Pedram
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
rwo power
The Messiah
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
Forza
Omniscient
Onyx
Khaled
Red Alert
BarcaKizz
VanDeezNuts
Sushi Master
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Mr Nick09
hrealmadrid
CBarca
ijomer
El Chelsea Fuerte
ÖMARz
BarrileteCosmico
Highburied
40 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:08 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:another not very "knowledgable" poster.....Arbeloa defensively is immense its his attacking that puts him down.....

Marcelo is great both in attack and defence(but more so in attack)

what do you think you need to bridge the gap then? sahin?

Efficiency maybe??? just maybe

what the hell are you talking about, whats with all these vague responses, you guys dont even know yourselves do you?, 300mill plus for what? just to sell shirts? lol
He is saying that you guys keep suggesting that we sign players like it's going to be a solution for everything while our group is still fairly young, and maturity can take players a long way. We do need to solve the RB situation but we might not need an offensive player in that position because there has to be a balancing between both fullbacks position, and the type of midfielders we play. Efficiency means the team getting better overall, players defending more, helping more, players improving. Remember we are only in our second cycle.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm

nichabr wrote:

he scored teh equalising goal :coffee:

wow *clap* *clap* what a miracle

when we played AC Milan he was at fault for both Higuains goal and Pedro Leons...didnt impress me at all
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Alex of Chelsea is available .

But you dont need backups... Ramos, Carvalho, Albiol, all backup quality.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

highburied wrote:Alex of Chelsea is available .

But you dont need backups... Ramos, Carvalho, Albiol, all backup quality.

who would have thought, Alex is the barca killer, the savior of middle earth Rolling Eyes

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:so what defenders should we sign to beat Barca? if you have any suggestion, please submit.

btw, hummels would get raped just like virtually any big defender that cant run and play a high line

see nick, chillini, remember me bragging at the begining of the season to buy him, and also smalling as backup.

thats me being 100 steps (1day1step) ahead of you. lol.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm

SuperMAG wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:so what defenders should we sign to beat Barca? if you have any suggestion, please submit.

btw, hummels would get raped just like virtually any big defender that cant run and play a high line

see nick, chillini, remember me bragging at the begining of the season to buy him, and also smalling as backup.

thats me being 100 steps (1day1step) ahead of you. lol.

just jog on, Juventus is not selling Chiellini, stop living your fantasies
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:38 pm

They already have the answer in Albiol. trollolol

I think all they really need is an actual RB who is good going Forward and can Cross.

Debuchy might be the one honestly. But he's not an RM signing.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
nichabr wrote:

when we played AC Milan he was at fault for both Higuains goal and Pedro Leons...didnt impress me at all

This is crap. I don't remember Higuain's goal, but Pedro Leon's was a result of bad goalkeeping from Abbiati, who let the shot go between his legs, if I remember correctly. In fact, TS wasn't even marking Pedro Leon.

Not to mention that this game happened over a year ago now, Thiago Silva has definitely improved since then. In fact, he constantly improves as he learns from Nesta and Tassotti, even though he is already clearly the best CB in the world at the moment.

What I remember from the game you mentioned is that Madrid's defence, including Casillas, was raped by Inzaghi twice.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
nichabr wrote:

This is crap. I don't remember Higuain's goal, but Pedro Leon's was a result of bad goalkeeping from Abbiati, who let the shot go between his legs, if I remember correctly. In fact, TS wasn't even marking Pedro Leon.

Not to mention that this game happened over a year ago now, Thiago Silva has definitely improved since then. In fact, he constantly improves as he learns from Nesta and Tassotti, even though he is already clearly the best CB in the world at the moment.

What I remember from the game you mentioned is that Madrid's defence, including Casillas, was raped by Inzaghi twice.

oneo f them was offside though
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am

Why are Rm fans even defending themselves, the OP clearly not up to date with the recent improvements in defense. The only problem they have is that both their cb's have temper issues and ill disciplined.

Lol at the Marcelo is great at defending ,he gets burned every time he faces a winger that can match or has slightly better acceleration than him.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

It's not that simple because if you stick someone deep, then you end up having those gaps between the defense in the attack, since Alonso is not going to run back and forth supporting the forwards and the defense. He isnt that kind of player, and his lack of ball playing skills is also a problem.

I will never understand why people are trying to force Pepe so much in that role, im not a fan at all. He is not the most composed footballer in the world, and i think he will waste a lot playing Center midfield. A reality is that we are going to have the ball more often than 90% of teams, so we need competence on the ball in the center midfield to make sure that it's fluid.

The reason Khedira is working so well for us is because he is able to do a better balancing work than anyone. In terms of positioning, and the support he gives to everyone.

People are talking about De Rossi signing for us if he doesnt re-sign for Roma, maybe it's gonna help, but even De Rossi is also a pretty slow dude lol.

Then why dont you stick Pepe at DM and play someone else instead of Alonso? A ball playing CM. Can't think of any right now...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Because i am not the coach? besides, i would never play him DM, even if i was given the choice. I like him as CB, he is pretty good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:48 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

It's not that simple because if you stick someone deep, then you end up having those gaps between the defense in the attack, since Alonso is not going to run back and forth supporting the forwards and the defense. He isnt that kind of player, and his lack of ball playing skills is also a problem.

I will never understand why people are trying to force Pepe so much in that role, im not a fan at all. He is not the most composed footballer in the world, and i think he will waste a lot playing Center midfield. A reality is that we are going to have the ball more often than 90% of teams, so we need competence on the ball in the center midfield to make sure that it's fluid.

The reason Khedira is working so well for us is because he is able to do a better balancing work than anyone. In terms of positioning, and the support he gives to everyone.

People are talking about De Rossi signing for us if he doesnt re-sign for Roma, maybe it's gonna help, but even De Rossi is also a pretty slow dude lol.

AHA, Strike number 3, Reason why i want Ramos to play as a DM. nick is following my bandwagon.

Ramos is the player that can do it all, he is good in positioning (center) and stealing the ball, he is fast and aggresive, he has excellent technique even when under pressure and has great passing (both long and short). He can be the player to even stop messi before he reaches the backline.

See.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

SuperMAG wrote:
AHA, Strike number 3, Reason why i want Ramos to play as a DM. nick is following my bandwagon.

Ramos is the player that can do it all, he is good in positioning (center) and stealing the ball, he is fast and aggresive, he has excellent technique even when under pressure and has great passing (both long and short). He can be the player to even stop messi before he reaches the backline.

See.
I am not following you, get that idea out of your head. For whatever reason you think we are alike, we arent. Stop attaching my name to your crazyness, i want nothing to do with you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Its all there nick, its all there, all you have to do is accept that, you know its real. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm

You are desperately seeking my attention lately, i wont give you any, move one now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 pm

There are better DM's than Pepe we could buy.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

Thiago was ball watching when DiMaria sliced your whole defence with that pass

second goal Silva was just strecthing his leg when Benzema passed to Leon....both of the goals was as a result of him not defending very well

you mean raped when Pepe fell and Iker missjudged the ball or when he was a whole pitch size offside
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Raped by Inzaghi? Hmmm....

Ibra crossed and Casillas spilled the cross (how, I don't know) and Inzaghi pops up with an opportunistic finish. Did he skin 3 players and slide it under Casillas: nope. Just was at the right place at the right time. Would not even call that sexual harassment.

2nd goal was just completely offside and I would not recognise that shit goal as evidence of being raped in footballing terms.

There are so much evidence of players that made Real Madrid call the rape hotline number so to say Inzaghi did such things is, well, wrong.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 pm

ijomer wrote:
highburied wrote:
ÖMARz wrote: :facepalm:

Use that whenever you see Ramos starting the game... :facepalm:

yes guys, all 4 defenders in FIFPro 2011 were from arsenal Very Happy Very Happy

Ramos was there, Marcelo is best attacking leftback in the whole world, and the second best left back coentrao is there as well...

What did thiago silva, vidic, ferdinand and nesta do against barca? they are all great defenders but ...
Sorry brah, but Nesta was a beast against Barca, as for others I cannot really say.

Anyway, topic wise - Perez never had a hard on for defenders. Dem bitchez don't be earning t-shirt moneh. I'm really sad Walter Samuel didn't work for us tho, has always been a fan of him.

Anyway, I think our defence is not bad, but sometimes they lack motivation - feck it, we don't have Puyol to "this is sparta" our defence for us Sad
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 pm

nesta and thiago silva were great vs barca :facepalm:

inb4 someone tells me how many goals barca scored vs us
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Ganso wrote:nesta and thiago silva were great vs barca :facepalm:

inb4 someone tells me how many goals barca scored vs us
No, no, no. I didn't say Tiago Silva. But Nesta, imo, played a really good game (the first one in the group). What? Neutral
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Real's defense is much stronger than it has been for years since Mourinho came in really...Mourinho has the reputation as a top defensive tactics manager and Real's defense is probably underrated atm.

Arbeloa is underrated, a top defender, so it Pepe and Ramos when they dont go crazy, although they are bullies and make mistakes, they are very good, Marcelo not the best but very good attacking and makes up overall....same goes with Contreao, and apparently they got Albiol and Varane who are pretty good for cover so...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with Madrid's defence. If you're knit picking you could say they're somewhat weak at right back but really they're not. Arbeloa and Diarra are both extremely competent there and imo at least on par with their counterparts at the likes of Man Utd, Cheslea, Milan etc. The only "star" right back in the world at the moment is Dani Alves, who obviously would be impossible to sign. Two years ago Maicon belonged in that bracket but he has undergone an extreme decline. Madrid are about as well equipped at RB as anyone outside of Barca tbh.

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:42 am

highburied should look his own teams defenders first Laughing

Compared to arsenal defenders our defenders are GOATs
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am

We should sign Thiago Silva next summer, at any cost.

Arbeloa Ramos T.Silva Marcelo
:bow: :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next