Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

+36
Aensensen
kiranr
Rossoneri Ninja
Lord Awesome
SuperMAG
nichabr
Doc
REWB
the xcx
Adit
halamadrid2
Pedram
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
rwo power
The Messiah
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
Forza
Omniscient
Onyx
Khaled
Red Alert
BarcaKizz
VanDeezNuts
Sushi Master
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Mr Nick09
hrealmadrid
CBarca
ijomer
El Chelsea Fuerte
ÖMARz
BarrileteCosmico
Highburied
40 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders? Empty Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

Post by Highburied Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 am

A backline of (Throw anyone in Right Back), Pepe, Ramos and Marcelo will never win RM a major league IMO.

Or should I say, they will not beat Barca anytime soon with current defenders.

I think they should spend money in that area.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders? Empty Re: Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 am

They don't sell shirts (seriously).

Also Mou's Madrid doesn't buy as many stars as Florentino would.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders? Empty Re: Why Real Madrid dont sign better defenders?

Post by ÖMARz Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 am

:facepalm:

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 am

ÖMARz wrote: :facepalm:

Use that whenever you see Ramos starting the game... :facepalm:
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 am

It amazes me that out of all defenders available they decided to spend £27m on Coentrao, who really isn't that important or fantastic to the team.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:28 am

highburied wrote:

yes guys, all 4 defenders in FIFPro 2011 were from arsenal Very Happy Very Happy

Ramos was there, Marcelo is best attacking leftback in the whole world, and the second best left back coentrao is there as well...

What did thiago silva, vidic, ferdinand and nesta do against barca? they are all great defenders but ...
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 am

They don't need one since they beat up on all teams except Barca, and when they face Barca C.Ronaldo just outscores them (in addition to selling shirts) anyway soo..

Oh..

Wait...

I have no idea. It's not terrible, or even bad, but it could be a lot better for the caliber of the team.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:32 am

I had two thumbs down for Coentrao from the beginning. However I think Marcelo is notoriously underrated and a motivated Ramos is world class.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 am

so what defenders should we sign to beat Barca? if you have any suggestion, please submit.

btw, hummels would get raped just like virtually any big defender that cant run and play a high line

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 am

oh here we go....
another one who says our defence isnt good enough....
oh well
yeah we will never win anything
i completely agree
like League wise its over already
Barca have won, we have given up, we keep conceding to smaller teams away from home and dont score that many either
we have a poor defence that our Champions League Group Stage results were shocking......
like how could any team concede 2 GOALS!!! I mean that is wayyyyy too much for any team..... like how could we live with conceding so many

Honestly we are hopeless in defence if you ask me.....
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 am

highburied wrote:

FIFPro World XI

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:38 am

english_jewel wrote:It amazes me that out of all defenders available they decided to spend £27m on Coentrao, who really isn't that important or fantastic to the team.

You spent 25m Euros on David Luiz so it really shouldn't amaze you all that much
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:38 am

punkfusion1992 wrote:oh here we go....
another one who says our defence isnt good enough....
oh well
yeah we will never win anything
i completely agree
like League wise its over already
Barca have won, we have given up, we keep conceding to smaller teams away from home and dont score that many either
we have a poor defence that our Champions League Group Stage results were shocking......
like how could any team concede 2 GOALS!!! I mean that is wayyyyy too much for any team..... like how could we live with conceding so many

Honestly we are hopeless in defence if you ask me.....

I completely agree with this post. Being the only team to not lose a game in the group stages calls for serious changes in our defence.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:42 am

There really aren't any WC defenders available.

Oh, and the prophecy states than when a blonde, long haired dumb looking fellow will occupy a central defensive position, Barcelona will enter a dark age and La Decima will arrive.

Or something like that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 am

Sushi Master wrote:There really aren't any WC defenders available.

Oh, and the prophecy states than when a blonde, long haired dumb looking fellow will occupy a central defensive position, Barcelona will enter a dark age and La Decima will arrive.

Or something like that.

this is it.. if we could im sure madrid would buy t.silva, vidic, puyol, pique.. blah blah blah

madrid is doing the best with what they have.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 am

Madrid have a good set of defenders...

Which RB should they buy? In terms of right backs right now, there is Alves... then a long, long gap to who knows who... Arbeloa and Ramos are already there, nobody could improve them.

CBs? Pepe is a great CB, he's just wild and dirty. I don't like him, but he's a good defender. Ramos is a great player too. Players that are better than them? Well they can't sign Pique or Puyol, I'm not sure Thiago Silva is feasible and tbh Vidic wouldn't help them at all with his style. Who is better? Carvalho, Albiol and Varane is solid depth too.

LB? Marcelo has trouble from time to time defnding, he's not a natural defender, but he's a revelation going forward. Against weak teams, there's no better LB to have. Even against all the best teams too, Madrid are a dominant team generally. Only against Barca, and other seriously top class wingers who get service does he struggle. Coentrao is, however, also a great fullback... How about that for a backup?

This Madrid side is very good, its just it isn't better than Barca, simple.

What they could do with, is a very good DM- a genuine beast anchorman. Alonso isn't equipped for the role, Lass isn't quite good enough and Khedira is neither good enough or suited to the role. I'm not sure who though... someone like De Jong might be a good addition...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 am

Iker
Arbeloa Ramos T. Silva Marcelo
Pepe Alonso

They should try that. :p
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Madrid have a good set of defenders...

Which RB should they buy? In terms of right backs right now, there is Alves... then a long, long gap to who knows who... Arbeloa and Ramos are already there, nobody could improve them.

CBs? Pepe is a great CB, he's just wild and dirty. I don't like him, but he's a good defender. Ramos is a great player too. Players that are better than them? Well they can't sign Pique or Puyol, I'm not sure Thiago Silva is feasible and tbh Vidic wouldn't help them at all with his style. Who is better? Carvalho, Albiol and Varane is solid depth too.

LB? Marcelo has trouble from time to time defnding, he's not a natural defender, but he's a revelation going forward. Against weak teams, there's no better LB to have. Even against all the best teams too, Madrid are a dominant team generally. Only against Barca, and other seriously top class wingers who get service does he struggle. Coentrao is, however, also a great fullback... How about that for a backup?

This Madrid side is very good, its just it isn't better than Barca, simple.

Dont worry dude, Highburied is a bit of a hater on this topic.

While we could have spent the money better to improve ourselves, we have quality. Ramos has been nothing but excellent this season, he is playing just as well as the best out there, and will soon turn world class. Varane is an absolutely brilliant youngster, there is another world class talent.

There is no so called Barca beater on the market, Nesta and Thiago couldnt stop them, Arsenal D couldnt stop them, Man utd couldnt stop them. If i can mention two players out there i think could better us in defnse and would fare well in clasicos, it would be Thiago and Vermaelen, because of their athleticism. Those big dudes will get owned one way or another.

If you want to know the true weak link of our team in defense, It's Alonso. For all his qualities on the ball, he is a big liability in defense.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:48 am

Obviously he's going to be a liability if he's playing in a defensive role if he's not even a defensive mid.

The only reason he looked solid at the back for LFC was because he had Javier running all over the pitch and Alonso didn't have to do anything but contain / do standing tackles.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:55 am

T.Silva is the only player currently who could improve RealMadrid's defence.. but don't think he'll leave ACMilan any time soon!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 am

See. Even Khaled jizzed at my RM formation. Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 am

Khaledbarca wrote:T.Silva is the only player currently who could improve RealMadrid's defence.. but don't think he'll leave ACMilan any time soon!

Thiago Silva or Vermaelen, but both are unavailable. Dont blame the baldy arsenal fan, class A hater that should watch more games and realize there arent top defenders that would stop barca on the market.

If you aint fast enough to handle the mighty midgets, you will be owned at some point.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:30 am

Pepe's the only one I wouldn't mind seeing being replaced. However Varane already looks more composed than him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 am

There are a handful of defenders more solid than Pepe on the market, but it's really not worth 40m+ for a negligibly better improvement.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:38 am

Omniscient wrote:There are a handful of defenders more solid than Pepe on the market, but it's really not worth 40m+ for a negligibly better improvement.

No there arent, Pepe has been excellent this season as well. You guys need to stop underrating him. And almost none are as athletic as he is.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next