Forza
mr.galliani
Lord Awesome
baresi
pasquale22
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If Andrea Pirlo were at Barcelona.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If Andrea Pirlo were at Barcelona..

Post by S Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:55 am

How can you even compare a b2b cm and a regista using stats ! :facepalm:

I'll leave it at that.Wont even go into this discussion anymore.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

If Andrea Pirlo were at Barcelona.. - Page 2 Empty Re: If Andrea Pirlo were at Barcelona..

Post by juventus101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 am

You cant bench Busquets. Hes the only defensive mid, so he needs to be there. If Pirlo was inBarcas roster, I would play like this:

--Valdes--
--Alves-- --Puyol-- --Pique-- --Abidal--
--Xavi-- --Busquets-- --Pirlo--
--Sanchez-- --Messi-- --Iniesta--

If Villa can get back on form, then he would undoubtedly take one of Sanchez or Iniestas spots, but Pirlo would continue to start.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 am

The Franchise wrote:Like Pep would ever allow such a thing.

Surely even Pep would play Pirlo>Keita. He can't be ignorant of the correlation of lost points and Keita...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:03 am

I wouldnt put any money on that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:08 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:How can you even compare a b2b cm and a regista using stats ! :facepalm:

I'll leave it at that.Wont even go into this discussion anymore.
I used the opinion of the best coach in the league and you dismissed it, stats apparently aren't good enough for you, then enlighten me and tell me how is Pirlo better?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 am

I keep forgetting the :facepalm:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:11 am

Baresi, did Allegri explicitly say that Nocerino is better than Pirlo?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:12 am

juventus101 wrote:You cant bench Busquets. Hes the only defensive mid, so he needs to be there. If Pirlo was inBarcas roster, I would play like this:

--Valdes--
--Alves-- --Puyol-- --Pique-- --Abidal--
--Xavi-- --Busquets-- --Pirlo--
--Sanchez-- --Messi-- --Iniesta--

If Villa can get back on form, then he would undoubtedly take one of Sanchez or Iniestas spots, but Pirlo would continue to start.
lol. do you really think Pirlo has the lungs to play the Barca game.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:14 am

kiranr wrote:Baresi, did Allegri explicitly say that Nocerino is better than Pirlo?
Does he have to? Is it not enough that he wasn't ready to renew his contract and instead he replaced him.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 am

But he didnt replace him with Nocerino..they dont even play the same role.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 am

baresi wrote:
kiranr wrote:Baresi, did Allegri explicitly say that Nocerino is better than Pirlo?
Does he have to? Is it not enough that he wasn't ready to renew his contract and instead he replaced him.

Then couldn't it be that Nocerino fits Allegri's plans better than Pirlo and not necessarily that he think Nocerino is better than Pirlo?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 am

kiranr wrote:
baresi wrote:

Then couldn't it be that Nocerino fits Allegri's plans better than Pirlo and not necessarily that he think Nocerino is better than Pirlo?
No not really.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am

Why?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 am

And lets not forget Aquillani here, since you want two midfielders with similar roles, Aquillani has more GOALS and Assists than pirlo has in the league alone.

So to say that Pirlo is the best midfielder in the league does;nt make sense, during pre 2010/2011 season yes he was.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 am

Aquillani better than Pirlo? Are you serious?

Then again the fact that you're using goals and assists to judge a midfielder tells me all I need to know...

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 am

kiranr wrote:
Why?
simply because Nocerrino wasn't bought as Pirlos replacement. :lol!:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Aquillani better than Pirlo? Are you serious?

Then again the fact that you're using goals and assists to judge a midfielder tells me all I need to know...
currently yes I am serious, what makes you think Pirlo is better.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 am

baresi wrote:

Their eyes, most likely....
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:41 am

bhends wrote:
baresi wrote:

Their eyes, most likely....
the left or right one?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:43 am

Imho, at the peak of Pirlo's career, Xavi would've lost his place.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 am

Pirlo could always be taken out of a game with heavy pressing, even in his prime.... Xavi on the other hand thrives when pressed, dude cant be stopped

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 am

Im sorry to say it, because I love Pirlo, but people are really rewriting history when talk about him vs Xavi.

I would love people to actually take time and watch Barca vs Milan in 04 for example. Xavi ran that game just like he does now, Pirlo was nowhere to be found.

Go find the possession, territory and passing % stats, or I can post them and you can see for yourself.

Barca would never of benched Xavi for Pirlo, not because Pirlo wasnt great, but Xavi was a gem in his own right.

I think its fair to say, pre Pep, they were around the same level, but since Pep, Xavi has been at a level Pirlo hasnt ever touched.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 am

The Franchise wrote:Im sorry to say it, because I love Pirlo, but people are really rewriting history when talk about him vs Xavi.

I would love people to actually take time and watch Barca vs Milan in 04 for example. Xavi ran that game just like he does now, Pirlo was nowhere to be found.

Go find the possession, territory and passing % stats, or I can post them and you can see for yourself.

Barca would never of benched Xavi for Pirlo, not because Pirlo wasnt great, but Xavi was a gem in his own right.

I think its fair to say, pre Pep, they were around the same level, but since Pep, Xavi has been at a level Pirlo hasnt ever touched.

Pirlo at his prime MIGHT only a slight possibility that he could have found a spot in this Barca team and definitely not at Xavi's expense.

We all say nice words about Pirlo at his prime, but we all tend to forget who he had to protect him in Milan and the NT, Pirlo if he plays for Barca will be very well exposed, Barca can't afford having two miss protecting their playmaker.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 am

Have to agree with you here.

Everyone seems to ignore that, even at his peak, Pirlo needed protection from a prime Gattuso and Ambrosini for it to work. Now he gets that same protection from Vidal and Marchisio.

Xavi, just one defensive player, Cocu then Edmilso then Marquez, then Yaya, now Busquets.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 am

Xavi is better, but I highly disagree how posters pit the gap between their levels. Thats just unjustified frankly and near laughable.

And no Pirlo didnt NEED protection as their have been countless games for Milan and Italia where both teams played purely attacking formations with Pirlo getting little protection, but destroying other team. Its only that that Pirlo-gattuso partnership was the most effective.

And ambrosini didn't work around to protect Pirlo as his role was always different almost detached from Pirlo in the mid while Gattuso formed a cohesive partnership with him
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 am

on form Pirlo would walk into any team in the world including Barca
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next