The Franchise
guest7
huntsman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ronaldo, Winger No More  Empty Ronaldo, Winger No More

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:53 pm

This video was posted by another user for the wrong reasons on another blog, but i just thought it was really good i wanted to share here with you.

I think i have brought most of what had been portrayed in this video to you attention before; nevertheless, have a look yourself, and let me know aht you think.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo, Winger No More  Empty Re: Ronaldo, Winger No More

Post by guest7 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm

i like the music
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Dude hasnt been a winger in years, most people know that. Though there are still a few here who insist otherwise.

I guess 50something goals "as a winger" sounds better lol

Dont let facts get in the way of a good story though as they say.

Dont agree with the end of the vid though. This change doesnt show growth, he has less impact now on the overall game and a liability if he doesnt score.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm

The music is good but also the content of the video.

Ronaldo's dribbles are less effective because he has bulked up alot lately. He's no more the winger he was during his united days. Gone is his agility and speed and acceleration. His body has hit its limits, either his calf muscles are underdevolped or they have reached their full potential where he can no loonger improve them to carry the extra bulkiness he has gained.

He should be played as a CF in his current condition just like i have said long time back, he's no more effective as a winger and is a liability on Madrid as opposed to when he's utilized as a CF.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Ronaldo hasn't been a winger since the end of 2007. Any simpleton that watches football can see that. The guys average position is in the middle ffs in most games.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm

jibers wrote:Ronaldo hasn't been a winger since the end of 2007. Any simpleton that watches football can see that. The guys average position is in the middle ffs in most games.

I dont know what you re talking about. He's utilized as a winger with Madrid or almost a false winger.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 pm

huntsman wrote:
jibers wrote:Ronaldo hasn't been a winger since the end of 2007. Any simpleton that watches football can see that. The guys average position is in the middle ffs in most games.

I dont know what you re talking about. He's utilized as a winger with Madrid or almost a false winger.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho says Cristiano Ronaldo is more than a winger.

Mourinho says he's a blend of a winger and striker.

He declared: “We try to find a position that is most comfortable for Cristiano, and there is always the debate. Is he a forward? I do not think that he is. I think he is one-on-one against a rival.

“Is he a winger? No, because he is also a goalscorer and when you are a winger, how many goals do you score in a season, half a dozen? I think that he is the mixture of two things. He is in great shape and is more mature. He has everything.”

Ronaldo has a free role and drifts centrally. He is more of an inside forward but even then he does what he wants.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 pm

The poor madrid fans who jeer and boo ronaldo dont know that Ronaldo requires at least two to three players to mark him and he draws more players of the oppsition side making his team mates more free to play and shine.

If Ronaldo doesnt play, the star Of benzema for example doesnt shine. Madrid and Ronaldo complete each others, when Ronaldo shines individually, MAdrid as a team appears to be poor, and vice versa.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm

There is no debate to be had, dude hasnt been a winger since like year 1 of Man Utd.

Just because he went 1 v 1 with rightbacks sometimes and pre game line up says he is playing there doesnt make it so.

Henry in Arsenal days used the wings just as much as Cristiano, does that make him a winger too? No, of course not.

No need to pigeon hole players in fixed positions they dont play just for the sake of it, Cristiano is a player who goes wherever he wants. He wants goals, so he goes in goalscoring positions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm

huntsman wrote:The poor madrid fans who jeer and boo ronaldo dont know that Ronaldo requires at least two to three players to mark him and he draws more players of the oppsition side making his team mates more free to play and shine.

If Ronaldo doesnt play, the star Of benzema for example doesnt shine. Madrid and Ronaldo complete each others, when Ronaldo shines individually, MAdrid as a team appears to be poor, and vice versa.

So yo skip my quote and go off on a rant. Do you even knw what youre saying half the time?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 pm

jibers wrote:
huntsman wrote:The poor madrid fans who jeer and boo ronaldo dont know that Ronaldo requires at least two to three players to mark him and he draws more players of the oppsition side making his team mates more free to play and shine.

So yo skip my quote and go off on a rant. Do you even knw what youre saying half the time?

Thanks for the information, but it's irrelevant to the point i am trying to make.

Back in the days, before bulking up

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

huntsman wrote:
jibers wrote:

Thanks for the information, but it's irrelevant to the point i am trying to make.

Back in the days, before bulking up

Those skills :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Ronaldo has a free role. It would be wrong to call him a winger because he spends a lot of time in the area too. He plays across the front line.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:58 pm

We're talking about a player who has talent that exceeds that of even Messi. Ronaldo was blessed with a body which is close to perfection, yet for some reason he thought that if he bulked up, he would improve. He was wrong. If it werent for this, Ronaldo would be the one winning those D'or awards and Messi would be the one who's sitting in the stands dreaming of what it would feel like being in Ronaldo's shoes; granted ofcourse that Messi is being aided by arguably the best midfield ever.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Talent that exceeds Messi lol

Those vids arent impressive at all. Even in those days where he was a better player, he still barely goes past people. Still spending more time doing pointless tricks in a stand still position.

In the first video, he goes past a man like 6, 7 times total?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Talent that exceeds Messi lol

Those vids arent impressive at all. Even in those days where he was a better player, he still barely goes past people. Still spending more time doing pointless tricks in a stand still position.

In the first video, he goes past a man like 6, 7 times total?
Yes, yes CR7 is an mediocre winger, who scores alot.
:lucas:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Tricks isn't the same as skill. I really don't think that Ronaldo is more skilled than Messi.

The things that define skill for me are : shot accuracy, close control and passing precision. Messi is better at those.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Nirgall wrote:Tricks isn't the same as skill. I really don't think that Ronaldo is more skilled than Messi.

The things that define skill for me are : shot accuracy, close control and passing precision. Messi is better at those.
Midgets tend have an edge over those attributes, shot accuracy thing isint true tho. Theres like million of things CR7 can do and Midget cant.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Nirgall wrote:Tricks isn't the same as skill. I really don't think that Ronaldo is more skilled than Messi.

He was 22 / 23 in those videos and lacked experience, if he honed those talents with experience he is a far more dagerous player than Messi.

I know i will be attacked for saying the following, but Messi is predictible and can be stopped if you have the tactical player who marks him, someone his size like Gattuso or Lassana for example.

Ronaldo is unpredictable. You cant mark him easily. Those pointless tricks he used to make made it very difficult for players to mark him because everytime they did, he made a mockery out of them.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

The xcx wrote:

Midgets tend have an edge over those attributes, shot accuracy thing isint true tho. Theres like million of things CR7 can do and Midget cant.

Height has nothing to do with precision and close control. And messi's shot accuracy is a lot better than Ronaldo. His shot to goal ratio is a lot better.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Nirgall wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Height has nothing to do with precision and close control.
And messi's shot accuracy is a lot better than Ronaldo. His shot to goal ratio is a lot better.
Ronaldo, Winger No More  Notsur16
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 pm

huntsman wrote:

He was 22 / 23 in those videos and lacked experience, if he honed those talents with experience he is a far more dagerous player than Messi.

I know i will be attacked for saying the following, but Messi is predictible and can be stopped if you have the tactical player who marks him, someone his size like Gattuso or Lassana for example.

Ronaldo is unpredictable. You cant mark him easily. Those pointless tricks he used to make made it very difficult for players to mark him because everytime they did, he made a mockery out of them.

Those two things are speculation. You don't know if ronaldo would have been able (or is able) to improve those things to reach the level Messi has. Messi himself is younger so, if we were to speculate. He is the one with the most margin for improvement.

About Messi being predictable: I disagree. Being Messi not only and individual threat but also a team player it's a lot harder to foresee what he is going to do. And it really makes not sense theorize about how he could be stopped. Real managers try and fail to do that all the time.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 pm

The xcx wrote:
Nirgall wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Height has nothing to do with precision and close control.
And messi's shot accuracy is a lot better than Ronaldo. His shot to goal ratio is a lot better.
Ronaldo, Winger No More  Notsur16

Zidane was 1.86 mt. And that's just one example there are countless of tall extremely talented players.

how about Ibrahimovic?
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm

huntsman
huntsman
First Team