River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me

3 posters

Go down

River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me Empty River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

River Plate's reluctance to sell teenage star Lucas Ocampos does not seem to have discouraged the winger's many European suitors, who have reportedly approached club president Daniel Passarella about a transfer during a visit to the old continent.

Passarella is currently attending a Fifa congress in Zurich and was also present at Monday's Fifa Ballon d'Or presentation, where he had the opportunity to talk with directors from some of Europe's top football institutions.

According to Ole, his 17-year-old wonderkid, who has been an ever-present since Matias Almeyda handed him a debut in August 2011, was a key topic of discussion.

The newspaper asserts that Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Valencia are all interested in closing a deal for Lucas, and have contacted Passarella during his time in Switzerland to enquire over the viability of a deal. Fellow young talent Adrian Cirigliano has also been the subject of interest for 'El Kaiser'.

River Plate, however, have insisted that their young gem is not going anywhere with club vice-president Diego Turnes arguing in December that a move for Ocampos was not on the cards.

"[Ocampos] will stay because he is not for sale," the official explained, also claiming that the club had rejected offers more valuable than the €12 million figure Roma paid for Erik Lamela.

The attacker is also a regular for the Argentina Under-17 squad and is tipped to continue his rise in his nation's youth ranks.

---------

Juve and Lazio are also frequently rumored to be after him. I hope Pasarella doesn't sell him 'til he's 21, River only has their talent to survive on these days.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me Empty Re: River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 pm

River Plate's Daniel Passarella: Lucas Ocampos will cost more than Erik Lamela
The president revealed that he had talked to clubs including Real Madrid and Juventus, but would not consider a bid less than €14 million if a sale was to be completed

River Plate president Daniel Passarella admitted that he talked with some of Europe's biggest clubs over a possible transfer for Lucas Ocampos, but added that it would take an offer more valuable than that accepted from Roma for Erik Lamela to tempt them into a sale.

The 'Kaiser' is currently in Zurich attending a Fifa congress and the 17-year-old has been a hot topic of discussion between him and his counterparts from across the Atlantic Ocean.

The former Millo and Argentina coach admitted that he had talked to representatives from clubs such as Real Madrid, Juventus, Valencia and Bayern Munich about the teenage star. However, he emphasised that in order to take him, the interested club would have to pay around €14 million in order to surpass the figure currently received for Lamela.

"They will have to pay more for Ocampos than we got for Lamela," Passarella signalled in declarations published by Ole. He also addressed the enquiries from those prestigious institutions mentioned above.

"They were light-hearted approaches, there has not been anything concrete yet."

Ocampos made his debut in the Nacional B at the start of the 2011-12 season and has played 18 games so far for the River first team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me Empty Re: River Plate President Daniel Pasarella: Ocampos will cost more than Lamela; Juve and Real already approached me

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:18 pm

I think he's just hyping him up for a future sale. River definitely can't afford to sell talent when they're not even in the top flight yet.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm

and that is how you return to A? shame on you Pasarella all you care about is money
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down