Steven Gerrard is the best player England have produced in 20 years?

+18
windkick
Iceman
EarlyPrototype
FalcaoPunch
Senor Penguin
Dante
RealGunner
Gil
Lord Hades
Swanhends
Abramovich
REWB
Ganso
Dutti
LeSwagg James
Ali
halamadrid2
Giggslegend
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steven Gerrard is the best player England have produced in 20 years? - Page 2 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard is the best player England have produced in 20 years?

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Dante13 wrote:
diptiman wrote:for me who started football too late to see the best of scholes

stevie g is the best english player :bow:

it depends on when you begun watching football. Because Scholes belongs in the category of "good old wines". Older the better.. I mean he was very good up untill 2002-2003 , but from there after he reached other levels , unique player.

No doubt Gerrard is one of England's best in the last 20 years though. Pretty tough to choose actually, but Scholes for me.

His brilliant non-stop movement on the field , his unstoppable voleys which turned into great goals , his mentality on facing straightly physically stronger opponents and above all his simplicity with the ball , was something that any coach dreams , every teammate expects and every fan cheers about.

Having said that...Gerrard could still reach his status , they re in the same category. He always had it and still does. They don't differ much , except Gerrard have won less the last decade and being a more physical type of player..Skill wise there isn't much of a difference though.

started watching from 06 onwards, scholes was amazing till 08, in 09 and onwards he dropped off a bit.. gerrard was consistent all these years. i remember arguing how he was better than cristiano ronaldo in 08 when 95 percent of kids were ronaldo shirts etc .. plus the way he destroyed us in 09.

Last edited by diptiman on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard is the best player England have produced in 20 years? - Page 2 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard is the best player England have produced in 20 years?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 pm

maybe he should have said liverpool has produced the best player in gerrard in 20 years ... lol

anyway, gerrard, henry seems like glory days are returning for both clubs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

[quote="diptiman"][quote="Dante13"]
diptiman wrote:

started watching from 06 onwards, scholes was amazing till 08, in 09 and onwards he dropped off a bit.. gerrard was consistent all these years. i remember arguing how he was better than cristiano ronaldo in 08 when 95 percent of kids were ronaldo shirts etc .. plus the way he destroyed us in 09.

destroyed us in 09? Who , Gerrard?and how he did that exactly ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Lol @ "the white Pele" being mentioned in the same category as Gerrard.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Heskyyyyyyy
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:Lol @ "the white Pele" being mentioned in the same category as Gerrard.

perhaps you should tell us then , in what category we should place Gerrard.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Dante13 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:Lol @ "the white Pele" being mentioned in the same category as Gerrard.

Isn't it self-explanatory from my comment? I.e. not in the same category as "the white Pele"?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

Isn't it self-explanatory from my comment? I.e. not in the same category as "the white Pele"?

oh , i didn't get it in the first place.. i see now. Well , could you explain more? without explanation , it means nothing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Dante13 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

oh , i didn't get it in the first place.. i see now. Well , could you explain more? without explanation , it means nothing
It means that Rooney (so called "white Pele") sucks balls compared to Gerrard and he should therefor not be placed in the same category - which is amongst the candidates for the best players England have produced the last 20 years.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

It means that Rooney (so called "white Pele") sucks balls compared to Gerrard and he should therefor not be placed in the same category - which is amongst the candidates for the best players England have produced the last 20 years.

ok , there has been a misunderstanding. I thought you talked about Scholes.. *notice to myself=cut down the drinking Razz

anyway , i wouldn't say sucks balls or any such statement , but yeah , i agree in other words
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Scholes > Gerrard.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Shout to ashley cole as well...certainly not the best but deserves to be mentioned in the convo

Last edited by bhends on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:50 pm

How do we define when a player was "produced", exactly?

If Scholes counts (I think he would, no?), then it's Scholes vs Gerrard for me and I honestly don't want to make a choice between the two of them
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Steven Gerrard is a complete beast, and I would agree that he is the greatest if not one of the greatest English Players of the last 20 years. He is inspiring to watch. True legend
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Shearer > All
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 pm

[quote="Dante13"][quote="diptiman"]
Dante13 wrote:
diptiman wrote:

destroyed us in 09? Who , Gerrard?and how he did that exactly ?

liverpool 4-0 madrid.. gerrard brace.. iker saved it from being 10- 0
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Gerrard is only the best in liverpool
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 am

Between Lampard and Gerrard.

Both classy but ...

Jack Wilshere>>>>>>>>
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I think Rooney is more talented and Scholes and Shearer (if he counts) as better players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2