Thiago Silva is better than Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol

+26
paddy
Adit
Le Samourai
mr.galliani
Sir Psycho
Patrick Bateman
leemhuis
Cookie Monster
S32TABLANCA
zizzle
Lord Hades
baresi
Abramovich
BiasedMilanFan3
Mamad
Albiceleste
Lord Awesome
Shotta
milanfan7
Eivindo
Sushi Master
Catracho
Ganso
DeviAngel
shamr9pato
urbaNRoots
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Thiago Silva is better than Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol - Page 3 Empty Re: Thiago Silva is better than Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 am

No Chiellini ? hmm

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Thiago Silva is better than Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol - Page 3 Empty Re: Thiago Silva is better than Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 am

diptiman wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Ganso wrote:
diptiman wrote: yeah i am a rm fan? how does it detract from what i said? if thiago silva has to be rated as better than those guys, he should perform well in ucl enough to take them very far.. he is being compared to cannavaro, thurram puyol for gods sake..
Dude,I already told you,football is played with 11 men,thiago silva won't win matches on himself ffs

thats why he doesnt deserve to be called better than puyol,canna and thurram

Your logic hurts my brain.

i can imagine, pretty tough sentence to comprehend for you

No, while your sentence was rudimentary at best, it was still understandable. What was incomprehensible was the logic you used to form your opinion. That sir, is what hurt my brain. Nice try though bud, I bet you think you're pretty clever eh?

Complexity does not hurt my brain, the stupidity of others is what hurts my brain. I guess that's why your comment had such an effect on me :coffee:
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 am

Cookie Monster wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Ganso wrote:
diptiman wrote: yeah i am a rm fan? how does it detract from what i said? if thiago silva has to be rated as better than those guys, he should perform well in ucl enough to take them very far.. he is being compared to cannavaro, thurram puyol for gods sake..
Dude,I already told you,football is played with 11 men,thiago silva won't win matches on himself ffs

thats why he doesnt deserve to be called better than puyol,canna and thurram

Your logic hurts my brain.

i can imagine, pretty tough sentence to comprehend for you

No, while your sentence was rudimentary at best, it was still understandable. What was incomprehensible was the logic you used to form your opinion. That sir, is what hurt my brain. Nice try though bud, I bet you think you're pretty clever eh?

Complexity does not hurt my brain, the stupidity of others is what hurts my brain. I guess that's why your comment had such an effect on me :coffee:

as i already said the likes of puyol, canna ,thurram are match winners.. silva cant be compared to them yet
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 am

The Fonz wrote:No Chiellini ? hmm

Ditto I was just about to mention him, although he's been playing LB lately.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Why are we mentioning Thuram, Cannavaro, and Puyol in the same breath as Pique and Thiago Silva? scratch

"I've played with some great defenders like Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique and Puyol, but, if you ask me, Thiago Silva plays on another level.”

He is talking about the defenders he has played with, claims Silva is the best. Thiago Silva is currently the best CB in the world, why not be better than the aforementioned? Pique and Puyol have the advantage and luxury of playing in the second best team of all time, accompanied by some of the best players in the world, no Antonini alongside him, Cannavaro and Thuram also played in amazing teams, Silva plays in a team that is good, but by no means on the same level as the others and is still able to perform the way he does which is why I think he is the best of the mentioned players.

:bow:
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Ibra logic:

-Silva

-Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol

srs tho, If Silva wins the world cup with Brazil in 2014 you will not be able to deny Silva is of the same caliber of these guys.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Pique- Yes

Canavaro,Thuram and Puyol ?

Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:49 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:srs tho, If Silva wins the world cup with Brazil in 2014 you will not be able to deny Silva is of the same caliber of these guys.

Yes we can. Frank Leboeuf won a World Cup, played 90 minutes in the final, even playing a large chunk of the game there by himself after Desailly was sent off. Proves nothing. Silva will have to perform immaculately over the next few years to go down in the same bracket as the aforementioned guys. It's possible as Silva is a cracking player, but he has a lot to live up to. A lot will come down to how he copes with the retirement of that absolute genius playing beside him Alessandro Nesta, just knowing that you're playing with somebody of that class does wonder for your confidence.

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Thiago Silva is amazing.. I think he's up there with those guys mentioned. You could argue that he's better. Some people just need to be realistic. Do you really think Thuram, Canna, Puyol or Pique would have taken their teams past Tottenham? Rolling Eyes Silva played well in both legs, nullified their attack and was not at fault for Crouch's goal at all.

It was Milan's midfield that was lackluster and the forwards didnt receive proper service in that tie.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 am

He is a great CB, but he can't compared to the legend Puyol is/was.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:30 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:Thiago Silva is amazing.. I think he's up there with those guys mentioned. You could argue that he's better. Some people just need to be realistic. Do you really think Thuram, Canna, Puyol or Pique would have taken their teams past Tottenham? Rolling Eyes Silva played well in both legs, nullified their attack and was not at fault for Crouch's goal at all.

It was Milan's midfield that was lackluster and the forwards didnt receive proper service in that tie.

personally i think those guys couldve taken their team past totenham but thats just me lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 am

Diptiman doesn't know anything about football Very Happy

But i agree though , albeit for different reasons Thiago Silva is good but not a legend lol Close in terms of ability , but far in terms of achievements, prestige and years and years and years and years of class.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm

i dont anything about football?

watch how big a n influence puyol was..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Cannavaro>Thuram>T.Silva>Puyol>Pique

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3