BarrileteCosmico
Eman
Sushi Master
aleumdance
Iceman
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans: Empty In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans:

Post by Iceman Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Yesterday after the Swansea loss I got pissed off and just shut off my laptop. I was planning on watching the Milan derby, even, but I couldn't get myself to do anything football related. I was just really pissed at the result, but I calmed down later on. Anyway, today I come in and look through our forums only to see the most fickle and overreacting bunch of fans I have seen anywhere, bar perhaps twitter. It's fine to overreact and then calm down, but what I've read here goes beyond absurd.

You want to sack the board, sack the manager, sack the players, splash 50 million on new ones and bring the whole club a thousand steps backwards after we got extremely close to wiping out all of our debt...and for what? Why?

Lets start off by talking about Yesterday's match.

The performance wasn't a good one at all, but Arsenal could have actually ended up with a point or even three from that match. Consider the following:

RVP missed a 1v1, which he should have scored.
Mertesacker mis-kicked the ball when the goal was just a meter in front of him
Rosicky's volley that was off-target, even though he should have at least hit it on target and scored.
Swansea's penalty was not actually a penalty even, it was a free-kick to Arsenal.
Add to that a bunch of other saves that Vrom made here and there that may have ended in goals if we were a tad bit lucky.

It's not really that shabby. Had things just gone a bit differently, the match would have ended differently. Even though we were out-possessed and out-passed, we had more shots and more shots on target than Swansea which isn't too shabby.

So, with 15 players out (Including the ones that went to ACON), including all fullbacks, arguably our best winger, our two best midfielders and our best (or second best, depending on how you rate Koscielny now) CB, Arsene Wenger set out a team out there that may have actually gotten a decent result had things gone a bit differently, but they didn't.
Instead of blaming the invisible Benayoun, who do Arsenal fans blame? Ramsey. It's almost ridiculous the amount of stick he gets from you lot. What did Benayoun do? Nothing at all, and he wasn't even trying, but Ramsey is getting blamed for...trying? That's just silly.
Is it any wonder that the team started to be in more control of the game after Rosicky came on? Do you know why? Because Arsenal finally had a player who goes up, picks the ball, and passes it around. All Benayoun did was run around like a head-less chicken but nobody even mentions him even though Rosicky completed more passes than him. That was the reason we lacked control in midfield; Not Ramsey, but Benayoun.
Song was pretty bad yesterday too. Positioning-wise, yesterday was his most horrific match in quite some time. Maybe it was Benayoun not covering for him at the back, maybe it was the lack of Arteta that showed how weak we were defensively, but Song was all over the place unfortunately....does he get any stick? No...instead, I hear people wanting to put him in defense instead of Mertesacker :facepalm:

Ramsey didn't do well, but he was the only one who was trying to do something. The players around him had the worst movement, and the defense wasn't at all solid. The Fullbacks were shielding the ball when WE had possession, the wingers weren't tracking back properly, RVP didn't drop deep when we needed him to and only did so when we had Henry and it was too late, the defense for the third goal was bad and Szczesny made a horrible error there....but we only end up picking on Ramsey? Mad. It was a poor all-round performance that was caused by injuries and tactics used, and it happens sometimes...so what? Even the might Barcelona have had some really bad matches this season, and you don't expect a squad that has 15 players injured to? Silly..

Enough about the match though, there are more pressing issues.

Firstly: Hypocrisy
Some fans want Usmanov to take over even though Stan has been here for...what? a year? Give me a break. Regardless of the fact that the availability of cash isn't the problem, and so Usmanov being here and injecting his tainted money is of negligible effect on our transfers, aren't most of you the ones that criticize Chelsea and City for relying on their owners, spending heaps of money etc. etc.?
Why do you want Arsenal to be the same? Do you think having Usmanov here would only lead to small, reasonable, spending? No, it won't. We'll end up just like the other clubs that you're criticizing. If he comes to Arsenal, he won't be coming by your terms you know...He won't be doing what you're expecting him to do. What's his history of running clubs like? Does he even have history with owning a club? No, not that I'm aware of....on the other hand, Stan Kroenke has a very good, and successful (financially and trophy-wise) history. You want to throw that away because you want us to become like Manchester City? Go support Manchester City and sell your soul to them. We are The Arsenal. We are now a club that is lead by its principles, not by money. We are building a proper, solid, foundation for the club that will ensure our future isn't so bleak and getting someone like bloody Usmanov is not going to solve our problems. We will be going back on everything we've done so far. If he's so rich and loved the club so much, why did he not buy the shares? He could have, but he didn't and that says all I need to know.

You want to be hypocrites, then fine, but at least admit that you are. Don't go criticizing City for having their owner spend for them and then want the same thing to The Arsenal. It doesn't matter whether you want him to spend just a little money or spend a lot of money like the Sheikh at City, it's all about principle and a lot of you don't seem to have that...maybe you are supporting the wrong club after all.

Secondly: Sacking Wenger..

Just what the bleep are you thinking? He should have done better, tactically, in today's match but it's not completely his fault. 14 players out, and one of them only pulled out with an injury right before the match, which obviously changed everything, but we still had the opportunity to win the match. The reason we lost was down to the individual errors of the players and the referees. First goal wasn't a penalty, second goal Ramsey lost the ball needlessly and third goal was Szczesny's fault. Benayoun (Who some of you wanted to see start for us more often, mind you) was completely lost, Arshavin did well but not well enough, Ramsey had nobody to pass to and Song was having a bad game. Our lack of fullbacks, and players in general, limited his tactics severely....but even if he was COMPLETELY at fault for our loss yesterday, so what? Are managers not allowed to make mistakes? He has done, and he hasn't had the best of years so far, but to want to sack him? Why?
Lets look at some of the reasons:
1- He doesn't spend money.
---> Believe it or not, Arsenal are still in a state of transition. Every pound we don't spend on transfers is a pound that could go into removing the 100m+ that we have in debt. Wenger is trying to minimize spending so that we can get rid of our debt faster, and I don't blame him for that at all. The problem that we have is with our current players not being good enough, but we cannot buy others until we replace them. Our wage structure was fine a few years ago, but due to the unexpectedly huge inflation in wages all around, it's all very bad now in comparison to other clubs. So bad, in fact, that players like Nasri get paid more than 3-4 times of what they were getting paid here.
So we cannot get rid of our players in this window, and so we cannot buy replacements, and even if we can buy replacements, their wage-demands might be too high for us anyway. Some blame Wenger for missing out on Cazorla or Mata.....seriously? Look at where these players ended: At clubs that can pay them more than we can. I do not know how much they are getting paid now, but I'm assuming that it's more than we could have afforded, especially with the amount of players we have and the already-high wages.
We're almost done with our debt....why ruin it all at the very end? Lets just squeeze through these last couple of years and then we're home free, and on our own, and can afford whatever and whoever we want with our own money.

2. He is a poor tactician.
----> A couple of matches does not make Wenger a poor tactician. A poor tactician cannot win the league unbeaten, and Wenger still is that man, but he's limiting his spending which is something he is doing for the benefit of the club...the club that you all support. He is not a poor tactician. He might make mistakes, but so do a lot of people. Ferguson player with only two midfielders against Barca ffs...does that make him a poor tactician? No.

Why else do you want Wenger out? I honestly can't see any other reasons....
Why would we keep Wenger?

1- He is EXTREMELY loyal to the club. Arsene Wenger could have gone to Madrid and PSG in these past few years, where he would have had all the money in the world to spend, but he didn't. Partly because he didn't want to be controlled by others (Only applies to Madrid though, this reason), but mostly and largely because Arsene Wenger is a man who has dedicated the past 7 years of his career to lead this team through a building phase that will set us up for years to come. He could have won trophies, but he focused on this Arsenal project...one which didn't promise much success on the field, but a lot more off of it. Loyalty should be rewarded, not discarded of.

2- What other manager can you think of that can lead us through this debt, without causing us to lose out more and more? I don't know of any that are available. Anybody else that you bring here, while he might cause some improvements on the field, his work off of it will not be anywhere near Wenger's. Wenger's job is clearly underrated by some of you here. He is not just a coach, he is more than that. He is the one that runs this club, from head to toe, and while the board may have hindered him at times, he is still carrying on.

Lets just look at this scenario for a minute. A lot of you believe that this board is evil, money-hungry and has been a hindrance to Wenger throughout these past few years. Now, Wenger has a lot of power and can oppose this evil wicked board because of his influence, support, past success and abilities. If we sack Wenger, this evil money-hungry board will be the one that chooses our next manager, and when this manager comes they will have a lot more influence on him and will affect him and his decisions much more than they do with Wenger. So, basically, sacking Wenger is just leaving it all up in the hands of the board members, whom some of you dislike at the very least. Do you want that? I know I don't.

I honestly don't know why I bothered with this. I suppose it's because I saw too many fickle fans overreacting because of one defeat, while a few weeks ago they were praising Wenger and what he has done with the team to get us this far. Do we need to have Arquitecto post here every bloody time we lose? No, we don't. We lost a match, so get over it and move on. It's not a huge deal, it happens....there is no need to sack everyone who is involved with anything Arsenal and there is no need for such major changes.

Last edited by Iceman on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans: Empty Re: In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans:

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 pm

I BROUGHT AN IDEA THAT WENGER SHOULD BE A GENERAL MANAGER

as in NFL, they have offense coach, defense coach, head coach and the main cover is the GM

and if you have been watching Arsenal for the past 5 years

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

WENGER IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TACTICALLY,.

2) And ur talk about ownership, I hope you meet a St. Louis Rams fan or aDenver nugget fans some day, ask them hows silent stan working out for them
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans: Empty Re: In Response To The Overreaction and The Fickle Fans:

Post by Iceman Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

We are not in the bloody NFL. No footballing teams have offensive coaches, no footballing teams have defensive coaches and go look at how this "General Manager" crap worked out for Madrid.

Wenger went through a whole season unbeaten. Problem with the tactics? I doubt it.

We are not the Nuggets or the Rams. Wenger, Kroenke and the board are all in almost-perfect harmony as to what they want to do with the club as far as I'm aware, so it matters little who comes in. If he-who-replaces-Kroenke agrees with Wenger and the board, then they will do the same thing. If hos intentions are different from that, then they will be undoing every single thing the club has worked and fought for since we built the Emirates.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Iceman wrote:We are not in the bloody NFL. No footballing teams have offensive coaches, no footballing teams have defensive coaches and go look at how this "General Manager" crap worked out for Madrid.

Wenger went through a whole season unbeaten. Problem with the tactics? I doubt it.

We are not the Nuggets or the Rams. Wenger, Kroenke and the board are all in almost-perfect harmony as to what they want to do with the club as far as I'm aware, so it matters little who comes in. If they agree with Wenger and the board, then they will do the same thing. If their intentions are different from that, then they will be undoing every single thing the club has worked and fought for since we built the Emirates.

man, if we keep doing thesame things and failing, how is that going to solve our problem

you can talk about injuries

Have we changed our medic staff?
FVCKING NO.

you talk about loyalty and trophies..
Teams have figured out how to play us out, last season there was atime when they could drag us to the middle and neutralize us big time.

Have Arsenal changed tactics?
FVCKING NO.

If Kroenke is bad in Basketball, and bad in NFL that could bring him more money than arsenal, do you expect him to perform Miracles in the EPL?
FVCKING NO.

wann know why arsenal get peanuts from sponsors

CUZ WE DON'T FVCKING WIN

hope my point has passed ur skull.
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 pm

aleumdance wrote:
man, if we keep doing thesame things and failing, how is that going to solve our problem

you can talk about injuries

Have we changed our medic staff?
FVCKING NO.

We built a whole new medical facility, but it didn't help. The club opened its doors to bloggers so they can see and rate what the club is doing on the injury-front themselves, and all the bloggers came back with sparkling reviews about how great our staff is and how much goes into attempting to prevent the injuries. The club HAS tried to stop this from happening, it's not as if we just stood idly by. You may not have been aware of any of this, but that doesn't mean that it didn't exist.

aleumdance wrote:
Teams have figured out how to play us out, last season there was atime when they could drag us to the middle and neutralize us big time.
Can we please not bring up last year, where the whole team was just playing horribly due to low morale and a huge blow in getting out of 4 cups in just one month? Prior to these incidents, Arsenal were cruising through everything. CC final, beat Barca 2-1, were challenging for the title and were in the FA cup. We did not have a problem then....we only had a moral and confidence problem, not a tactical one.

aleumdance wrote:
Have Arsenal changed tactics?
FVCKING NO.
Yes we have....
Just because it's not a change in formation does not mean that it's not a change in tactics. You cannot see that, then it is your fault. I'm not going to bother explaining the changes that occurred between last season and this, but to give you a few hints: Arteta's position, Song's high number of assists, more reliance on the wings (which is why the lack of fullbacks causes so much trouble) and conceding the smallest percentage of goals from setpieces in the whole league.
Yeah....obviously Wenger does not fix any of our problems or change tactics :facepalm:

The rest of your points are not worthy of a reply because they don't lead to anywhere

Last edited by Iceman on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:15 pm

The hell? We're not the Juve boards.

There's just a lot of butthurt about and usual anger from bad results. In a few weeks time with some players back we'll all be happy winning as usual. 4th spot is still very possible and we have an awesome match against Milan.

Still 15 days in the transfer window and we know Wenger does his buying last minute, so let's all be chill.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The hell? We're not the Juve boards.

There's just a lot of butthurt about and usual anger from bad results. In a few weeks time with some players back we'll all be happy winning as usual. 4th spot is still very possible and we have an awesome match against Milan.

Still 15 days in the transfer window and we know Wenger does his buying last minute, so let's all be chill.

Perhaps I picked the wrong title for the thread, but in all honestly, this is nothing compared to the overreaction that I've seen on here.

Edit:- There, fixed the title. All better now.
Also: lol @ the sissy that's neg-repping me instead of replying properly to my posts.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Iceman doesn't deserve so many neg-reps. The title of this thread isn't the best since a good portion of us were not overreacting, but Iceman has made a lot of great points. As a result, I've given you some positive reps to cancel some of the negs out.

That being said, I think at this point everything that could be said about that game has been said. I think everyone is (or should be) done venting by now, so let's just move on to loving each other again :flower:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 pm

+1 for the effort, and generally sound logic
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Lol Eman, I'm alright, but it's just not possible for Arsenal fans to be so wobbly about Wenger, the board and the team. When we win, they are all Gods, but a couple of bad results later and they all suddenly need to go? We cannot keep on flipping sides all the time.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Wenger being bad at tactics is a myth. Maybe he's not as meticulous as Mourinho or other coaches, but this season alone provides enough example of Wenger going against his usual match policies to get results.

How many times this season has he taken off forwards for defenders? How many times have we played eleven men behind the ball, with two banks of four and a good solid defensive shape? Look the game in Dortmund. We spent 90% of that game defending with no intent to get a second goal. And the Chelsea game. We played almost exclusively on the break. Wenger ammended the high line problem and we won the game against the odds.

Tactics can not always make up for poor performances and individual errors. Those are different aspects of management, which admittedly Wenger doesn't too well in.

There are legitimate reasons to want Wenger to leave, but bad tactics is not one of them.

And how much can you do tactically when you're without proper full backs (who are so important in modern day football), your two best users of the ball in midfield, and the only other decent winger in the squad?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm

What is the point of buying a player in 2 weeks time when we dont need one.
If is podolski then now we talking, knowing Arsenal they will bid 10 million and another team will pick him for 20 million.

Wenger is stubborn and lies to fans and always plays with our heads. No one is bigger than Arsenal, if the day comes and Wenger is gone I am sure the next one will be up for the job and could do a better job. Just so you know I dont want him gone but if we dont make top 4, I dont think we will be able to hold on to RVP and it could be hard to attract quality players.

Stan Kroenke has done nothing since the day he joined us, the only thing he has enjoyed is his big profit Wenger has made for him. If he gave a shit he would have invested in the club and helped out with debt.

How embarrassing its when other teams are after big name players and we are after some Omani guy who plays in Oman second division and Wayne *bleep* Bridge. :facepalm:

face it we are a selling club and teams like Man city will take any player they want with their money and Stan Kroenke will sit there and say nothing and take the money to the *bleep* bank.

We are one man team and what happens if RVP was not playing out of this world and what would have happened if we only lost to Man united 5-2 do you think we would have had, Arteta, Mert, Santos? No.

We dont want no sugardaddie, all we want is a reasonable owner who would invest and buys players that can compete.

How do players like diaby get a 4 year contract when there are players dying to play for Arsenal?

What is Arshivan still doing at Arsenal? the whole says he suck and what Wenger says he still quality.

So just you all know I dont really agree with Sacking any coach.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Sorry, but to say Ramsey wasn't wholly responsible for the loss yesterday would be ignorant. The penalty decision was dubious at best, but giving away the ball so cheaply for the second goal....

Not to say blame doesn't lie with anyone else. Like where the fuq was the defence for that third goal? I keep bleating on about this, but it's too poignant a point to let rest; Sagna or Gibbs would've collapsed a lung catching up with whoever that was that scored. Scratch that, Sagna and even Gibbs wouldn't have been caught out of position so badly. I don't care if they're not playing in their respective positions, a toddler playing kick-about with dad in the back yard would be more positionally aware. And then there's Szczesny's positioning adding to the list of fail for that goal :facepalm:

And why in God's name isn't the Ox starting a few games? How much more woeful than Arshavin can he be? What's the worst that could happen? He assists a goal?

All in all, it was a medley of cock ups from the whole team that screwed us over, but i lay most of the blame on Ramsey. Tries to be too intricate and fancy, when all that needs to be done is a straight and true pass (like the one that set up Gervinho and RVP against Chelsea) The sooner he realizes this, the better for both him and the team.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Maybe what the fans that are overreacting want is for Arsenal to show ambition.

Instead of Gervinho, you could have gone for a better player like Hazard or one of the Germans like Gotze or Reus in the summer window. Arsenal should not have trouble attracting good players to the club.

You guys have a great team. But, one thing i have said over and over again is problem with the defense. You guys need to be incredibly efficient there if you want to challenge for the top spot.

Iceman mentioned some of the mistakes and said it is not too shabby. However not too shabby it is, Arsenal still need to become efficient. I see a problem with Wenger there. When mistakes are made, he needs to do whatever to make sure that they are not repeated again. Zero tolerance for such errors, and Arsenal will start challenging for the title.

Last edited by kiranr on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm

A quick list of players that need to be sold:

Diaby - 'Nuff said already

Almunia - Eating up wages that could be better spent on RVP's contract

Denilson - Didn't work out for him, tough luck

Squillaci - You can't tell me there isn't a better CB out there

These are stone wallers that no-one can argue against. You can make a case for guys like Chamakh, Arshavin, Rosicky, Bendtner etc. but there's NO defending that pile of sub-par gash
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 pm

kiranr wrote:Instead of Gervinho, you could have gone for a better player like Hazard or one of the Germans like Gotze or Reus in the summer window
Why bother? They wouldn't score 20 goals in their first three games and be labelled flops my the media + fans, much like Gervinho is now
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Also, a bit on injuries:

Is it not remarkable that for a club that supposedly has such poor medical staff that two injury prone players like Mikel Arteta and Robin van Persie have stayed fit for the large part of the season so far?

But how much is the medical team really responsible for these injuries?

Sagna got hurt because of a bad tackle. Can't too much about that.

Fabiasnki was injured in a match because of a collision. Again, can't do anything prevent that.

Andre Santos again injured in a match, though granted playing him was unnecessary. More Wenger's fault than anything.

Jenkinson's and Wilshere's injures proved more problematic than expected. Not sure what's going on with Jenkinson but Wilshere aggrivated the injury when everyone, himself inlcuded, thought everything was fine.

Gibbs and Diaby are just extremely injury prone.

Francis Coquelin and Veramelen picked up muscle injuries. Those tend to happen at this point in the season. Unfortunate, but just a part of the game.

Arteta got a small injury. Again, those things happen.

Gervinho and Chamakh both on international duty. That's just bad timing.

So I count possible two injuries that could've honestly been avoid: Santos and Wilshere. The rest are mainly unfortunately circumstance or regulation injuries that happen all the time.

All going well, we'll six injured players back in the coming weeks.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Yeah, i agree. Not saying Gervinho is not good enough. But, really, there have been way too many mistakes over the past few years. Individual errors have to be stamped out of the game, and i feel Wenger is not addressing that particular issue.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Injuries happen. Arsenal have the depth to still challenge. Atleast this season, Arsenal have a very good squad.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Jay, stop using logic please, it's totally obvious that it's the medical staffs fault that Sagna broke his leg, or that Fabianski was hurt in a collision on the pitch

If only the medical staff had wrapped them both in bubble wrap and titanium alloy before the game, we wouldn't be in this mess

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 pm

My annoyance with the medical staff is

yes the players got injured, but a Good medical team would know when they would coem back and do even better..

look at ours, jenkinson is not yet back, wilshere's come back keeps shifting( anyone remembers when rosicky was injured), ryo miyaichi on a lighter scale came back later than expected

now look at teams like stoke.. I swear I envy their medical team, probably the best in the EPL, their players get injured yes, do they come back.. ES, do they come back on time? YES, do their fans get news like

" Mr deep $hit who got injured eating a banana, would be back when the apocalypse hits..just so you know when the apocalypse comes MR Deep $hit injury would be worse than we expected so we have to make another 10 billion years surgery on him..fvck you for the next 6 years"

Last edited by aleumdance on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Iceman wrote:
aleumdance wrote:ot;]

Yes we have....
Just because it's not a change in formation does not mean that it's not a change in tactics. You cannot see that, then it is your fault. I'm not going to bother explaining the changes that occurred between last season and this, but to give you a few hints: Arteta's position, Song's high number of assists, more reliance on the wings (which is why the lack of fullbacks causes so much trouble) and conceding the smallest percentage of goals from setpieces in the whole league.
Yeah....obviously Wenger does not fix any of our problems or change tactics :facepalm:

[/quote]

My point on that, was that we are damn easy to read, easy to read

I said this earlier, I did not watch the swansea match, but it was obvious we would lose.

WHY?????

cuz if you watched all 90 mins of our last 3 games, WE MADE THESAME FVCKING ERRORS, THESAME FVCKING ERRORS, Swansea are major quality at home so if we took our hattrick of errors to Cardiff, it was a defeat waiting to happen simple..

I am Tired of Wenger Apologist who won't see outside the tent..

it always
" our supernatural offense of new fantastic players promised by the Dear Leader have changed, you critics have not seen it but my dear leader has promised me that we notice new changes more than you"

EVERY DAMN ARSENAL BLOG, from arsenalmania to here
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 am

Raptorgunner wrote:What is the point of buying a player in 2 weeks time when we dont need one.
If is podolski then now we talking, knowing Arsenal they will bid 10 million and another team will pick him for 20 million.

Wenger is stubborn and lies to fans and always plays with our heads. No one is bigger than Arsenal, if the day comes and Wenger is gone I am sure the next one will be up for the job and could do a better job. Just so you know I dont want him gone but if we dont make top 4, I dont think we will be able to hold on to RVP and it could be hard to attract quality players.

Stan Kroenke has done nothing since the day he joined us, the only thing he has enjoyed is his big profit Wenger has made for him. If he gave a shit he would have invested in the club and helped out with debt.

How embarrassing its when other teams are after big name players and we are after some Omani guy who plays in Oman second division and Wayne *bleep* Bridge. :facepalm:

face it we are a selling club and teams like Man city will take any player they want with their money and Stan Kroenke will sit there and say nothing and take the money to the *bleep* bank.

We are one man team and what happens if RVP was not playing out of this world and what would have happened if we only lost to Man united 5-2 do you think we would have had, Arteta, Mert, Santos? No.

We dont want no sugardaddie, all we want is a reasonable owner who would invest and buys players that can compete.

How do players like diaby get a 4 year contract when there are players dying to play for Arsenal?

What is Arshivan still doing at Arsenal? the whole says he suck and what Wenger says he still quality.

hahahaha, u seem to think coaches must be sacked...& i second that...let's call spades spades...fixed formation plus the predictability it brings is obviously not working for us! i remember a certain manager saying 'if we sell both Cesc and Nasri, how can we call ourselves a big club'. if a 16yr-old wants to join for two years and move to Barca after (Mendy), then obviously we're now a second-rate club &something is very wrong @ the club!
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 am

Although I apologised for my heat of the moment reactions on here and on twitter, I still fully believe in the majority of my points.

* Wenger is a great tactician? Is he? Never beating Mourinho in his career, and never won the Champions League, where tactics are everything come the latter stages. Constant 4-3-3 formation, never changes. Taking off Walcott, and putting on Bendtner last season and moves like this frustrated the hell out of fans.

Alex Flynn (biographer of Wenger) confirmed he spoke with AW once and asked him why he made subs in games. Was it down to tactics? No Wenger said "Because players drop physically, that's all". Wenger practically confirming lack of tactical nous.

* The playing staff. Our first xi is good, but is it up there with the best? Can it win titles? No. Not in my opinion. There are weak links in our first xi like Walcott.

* The cheap signings. Squillaci, Chamakh, Benayoun (loan), Park. Enough of things like this already!

* And signings we didn't make last summer - Mata, Cazorla, Alvarez, Cahill - I don't know if it was the board or Wenger, but one must take the blame. Anybody who needs reminding of our failure to sign Mata needs to watch this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a-cJT-afOk

* Injuries. We open up a new medical centre and our injuries double. Just a coincidence, but the physios can't be good enough, or there must be a lack of them. Yes, RVP has stayed fit for a year, but this is like the first time ever, that has happened.

----

So, no, just because I apologised, there are still several problems with the club. We must focus on United now.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 am

Raptorgunner wrote:What is the point of buying a player in 2 weeks time when we dont need one.

It has nothing to do with Arsenal or any other team. Podolski already said that he is staying at Cologne for his NT, not for anything else.
Raptorgunner wrote:

If we don't make the top 4, then it will be hard to attract quality players for sure; however, all managers lie to the media. There's a difference between lying to the media and lying to the fans. I realize that the media is the connection between us and Wenger, but they have done enough twisting and manipulating with Wenger's words to give him the right to be a bit precocious when speaking to them. He doesn't say the truth about transfers...but then again, how wise is it to say the truth? How wise is to inform other clubs that you have loads of money to spend or that you're trying to sign a certain player? It's not really wise at all

Raptorgunner wrote:
What do you expect him to do? As I said above, investing in the club will not help us at all. He could have taken on the debt, but why would he do that if the club is already on its course to removing it all together? Seems a bit pointless. As I said, Kroenke, the board and Wenger are all in agreement over the courses of action that need to be taken with regards to the club, so this isn't just Stan, it's everyone. As I said, we're close to finishing this debt thing off once and for all....why do you want to ruin it all by being impatient? I understand that the club doesn't seem very ambitious at the moment, and it bugs me too, but we all need to be patient and understand that this is all for the better of the club.
Raptorgunner wrote:
What other teams are after big name players? There has only been 11 million pounds spent in this transfer window, and that's including all the transfer activity in Europe IIRC....so who is after the big name players? Because I don't see anyone. If we're going by rumors, Arsenal are after Hazard, Cissokho, Podolski, Vertonghen and a whole host of other class players. Don't limit it down to the one or two rumors with players that you don't like.

Raptorgunner wrote:
How many times do I need to explain this debt thing before it sinks in? We cannot afford the wages that players are demanding, we were challenging for everything last year before everything blew up in our faces with these "WC" players that left us, we are trying to be conservative with our money so that we can get past these last couple of years. The club will be ambitious and will return back to our days of glory, but we need patience. It's not too much to ask for, is it?
Raptorgunner wrote:
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry merry Christmas.
Raptorgunner wrote:
As I said, it's all about the principle, not about how much the owner spends on the club. We don't need an owner to spend for us, because we already have money. Having the owner become the one who is in debt instead of the club makes very little difference.

Raptorgunner wrote:

Lets not blame Diaby for his injuries here. I really doubt that he wants to be injured this often, don't you?
And Wenger has never criticized his players in public. Ask him about any player, even Squillaci (Who he reluctantly plays), and he'll say that he is quality. Criticizing your players in public isn't something we should be asking our manager to do.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next