Pedram
Highburied
Swanhends
Red Alert
Albiceleste
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Messi has the best final ball in the world"

Post by Aensensen Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Di-WHJC
This is much more affraid pass from Messi to Abidal, eve tho it didn't end with a goal. Now compared to that last night's assist was meh - as was my point all the time while peoepl were screaming 'oh what a precise pass. Nobody can pass like that' (which is bullshit).

Messi can pass like a BOSS, but yesterday was nothing special. And this has nothing to do with me criticising Messi or Barca, but me criticising our defence for failing yet again. Abidal had miles of open space and Messi had seen him running and had time to get rid of Xabi and simply pass the ball to open Abidal.

jiopsi wrote:
kiranr wrote:
It is not just about the final ball. It is about the tactical ability to set up such a situation too. Messi does that very often.
And how he attracts oppostion players on to himself.

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Di-WSDV
^This. By having 2 or three players on him, there is more space fore an on-running defenders to find space. Barca has trained that play very, very good.

EDIT: Oh, and Paperbackwriter - nice to see someone finally pulled off some stats. I personaly believe Messi is really good at passing, but I defo wouldn't call him a miracle. Just really good at passing.

Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Messi has the best final ball in the world"

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Chocking stat: Xavi have tried the third most through balls in Europe. And succeeded with 12/42. Or 29 %. Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas have a total of 178 through balls attempt, 109 more than Real Madrid. 57/178 was accurate. 32 % success rate.

Verdu in Espanyol is second after Messi with 43 through balls.

Out of the players who have hit more than 35 through balls Ibrahimovic is clearly the most accurate passer. With 18/38 accurate. 47 % accuracy.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Easy to logic why I believe.

When Barca players are trying to play final balls, they are trying to get those balls past 10 players all behind the ball.

Degree of difficulty.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm

DiMaria is pretty good as well
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:Easy to logic why I believe.

When Barca players are trying to play final balls, they are trying to get those balls past 10 players all behind the ball.

Degree of difficulty.

Very valid point, it makes alot of sense.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Paperback, where do you get these stats?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

Degree of difficulty.

Very valid point, it makes alot of sense.
Indeed Neutral
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 pm

jiopsi wrote:Paperback, where do you get these stats?

whoscored.com -> statistics -> scroll down to see all players in Europe -> passing tab -> sort after what you want. To see attempts for through balls for example you hover above the TB/game stat.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks man.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Degree of difficulty.

Makes sense...but that theory clashes with all the GIFs that are being posted - because none of them are like that
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 pm

bhends wrote:

Degree of difficulty.

Makes sense...but that theory clashes with all the GIFs that are being posted - because none of them are like that
"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Di-D3Y4
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Well, the more space there is the easier pass and the less impressive. The less space the harder the pass and move impressive.

Im not really paying much attention to the gifs, I dont consider Messi the best at giving the final pass either. But there arent many better I have seen I am sure of that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:
bhends wrote:

Degree of difficulty.

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Di-D3Y4

Poor from the defender in that gif...the ball was under hit slightly. If the defender had went into that slide possibly a second later, he'd have gotten a foot to it. Ultimately, I attribute that goal to the defender's timing and not the pass itself.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:29 pm

^ If, could, should, would. Doesn't matter, even Maradona's -86 run could have stopped by better defending, doesn't make it any less special though.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Here is 9 players below the ball:

"Messi has the best final ball in the world" - Page 2 Di-O8IF
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm

jiopsi wrote:^ If, could, should, would. Doesn't matter, even Maradona's -86 run could have stopped by better defending, doesn't make it any less special though.

His vision for the pass is indeed special. The pass was not.

It was under-hit and the defender was not good enough to cut it out.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Barca's players make a lot of runs. It's a routine for Messi nowadays.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

McLewis wrote:It was under-hit and the defender was not good enough to cut it out.
No it wasn't, it had perfect weight.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:39 pm

jiopsi wrote:
McLewis wrote:It was under-hit and the defender was not good enough to cut it out.
No it wasn't, it had perfect weight.

Not from where I'm sitting....we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Cesc final ball >>>>>>>>>> messi's
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I knew i should of logged on earlier and said INB4 RG Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:Cesc final ball >>>>>>>>>> messi's

Agreed. For me, Pirlo and ButtCesc are the best for final balls. Messi is incredible too, though.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum