Will the good times come back?

+3
Dante
Rossoneri Ninja
red&blacklegion
7 posters

Go down

Will the good times come back? Empty Will the good times come back?

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 am

Winning CL, bossing big teams, having a ballon d'r player? Sad truth is Berlusconi cant compete with the big money dudes in buying class players, and we havent produced a wc player from our youth in the recent years.what do u guys think?
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Will the good times come back? Empty Re: Will the good times come back?

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 am

WuT!! With quality like Mehsbah, Bonera and Antonini success is guaranteed :lucas:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:WuT!! With quality like Mehsbah, Bonera and Antonini success is guaranteed :lucas:

You forgot quality bargains , like Flamini and Taiwo!
nah jokes aside , at least Bonera , Flamini and Antonini are loyal players..

Good times ?
We have replaced Maldini with Antonini , Taiwo and Mesbah , doesn't that tell you anything? Razz

Good times may be ahead , but really now? If we don't make the right moves , probably they aren't gonna happen.

And by right moves i don't only mean signings.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Well I think we need signings.....mainly a LB.I wish we could go for a wc midfielder like we used to have kaka and seedorf....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Ganso wrote:Well I think we need signings.....mainly a LB.I wish we could go for a wc midfielder like we used to have kaka and seedorf....

you know , you are right of course . But that's not the answer , at least the big one. Yeah , we need transfers . Even Barcelona need transfers and look at their team. Class and quality written all over.

Our biggest problem is that we don't produce big players anymore. The latest is Abate , who frankly had to travel all of Italy before coming in Milan again and for what? just to reboot his career by playing for the youth team , if it weren't for Leonardo!!!

We always had some talent waiting in the corner and the club didn't gave them a chance. Imagine if , Maldini didn't get his chance back then. Or Baresi or Albertini . e.t.c

We had players like in our youth teams like Borrielo and Matri , like Antonini or Donadel .. you may think these are pretty mediocre now , in the best case just above standards. But;

Who's to tell me that if Milan kept them in the club and gave them their big chances , they wouldn't have been great players these days?

And we come back to what you said in the first place . We need transfers, we really do . But do you know why these players never got their chances?

Because Milan back then spend millions after millions to buy temporary solutions . Coloccini , Rivaldo , Crespo , Vieri , then Emerson , Ronaldo , Beckham , Mancini , Legrottaglie e.t.c..

Some were really great players i won't deny it , but these transfers kept cancelling our youth department's evolution. Till this day , it still happens. You can't buy a whole team , you must have a previous core to continue.

And we have that in our youth , but we don't benefit at all from it. Instead , we keep buying Mesbah's and Taiwo's..
So , untill we make full use of our youth system and produce some young players to become 11 material , then the good days are not so close.

Sorry for the prolonged post Rolling Eyes
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 pm

They will come. I think we need to look at it in two ways.

1) the dominant forces now: Barcelona are undoubtedly on top. And they will be for a couple more years, however to a lesser degree. Xavi and Iniesta are aging. Messi will still be going strong for a few years to come, but I feel like they are rather static and time is catching up to them.

As for madrid, it's rather funny, they haven't won anything yet are still considered one of the top teams. Everyone knows they lack something since they still can't beat their rivals. The problem may be the players or it may be the coach. How were Madrid before Mourinho? They certainly didn't get demolished by Barca.

English football on a whole is on the decline. All the teams seem to be lacking quality as of late. As can be seen from the EPL standings and the CL.

Bayern, also a team considered a top team. They certainly have quality through their ranks, but their team as well is aging. Schweini is consistently injured as is Robben.

2) Milan as a unit. We look at our team, and we have a lot of areas that need work. We have a ton of loose ends/players that aren't great quality starting these days. The likes of Bonera, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini all are past it and need to be replaced.

However hope exists in trademark players. Silva has been godlike and is already carrying the captains armband with pride. In midfield, Boateng has proven to be a talisman for a Milan. He works hard, can play around midfield, and is young (relatively). He will do great things to us for years to come.

I may be jumping the gun because of recent performances but SES. The boy is class. He knew he had to show up against Novarra and he did just that. Admittedly, he had a few god awful shots, nonetheless, hes dribbling, pace, first touches, all were exquisite. If we can hold on to him he will become something special.

In attack, we have Pato. What can you say about Pato. The boy is quality. When he is in top form, he looks Ballon D'or worthy. However this media drama has been keeping him from hitting form, and now he is injured again. Perhaps he just won't make it in Milan, I don't know.

Nontheless, it is only a matter of time until we sign Balotelli. And if Pato leaves, Balo will be almost certain. He is one of the best Italian youngsters who can do some amazing things. All he needs is a bit of maturity and he will be world class.

So what I'm trying to say is that we have staples in each position on the pitch that we should be happy about, because that is how it starts. I think all we need are maybe one more solid, reliable defender, and a trustworthy attacker. This is all long-term btw. Because he obviously have Nesta/Mexes and Ibra doing amazing things, but they aren't the future of milan.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:27 pm

well said arabprince, dante...

i feel bad how our club handles youth players, either from our academy or purchasing new talents. frankly we have lost heaps of youth talents both coming from our ranks and the purchases we made. on that respect we owe to Leonardo for trusting his talent and giving him chances, and with allegri, abate was further able to enhance his potential. we really need to handle our youth intelligently, we paid so much for players like el sharawwy, i read that el sharawwy only haif rights cost us 10 million, fossati along with 2 other inter player cost us 7 million. galliani and his management allegri needs to believe in our product.

in 2010, our primavera won title in 20 years or somthing?? that tells that there are really good talents with us. verdi, adria carmora, edmund hottor, kingsley boateng are some of best talents we had in years and we have to believe in them.

merkel el sharawwy looks promising and allegri needs to guide them more with the help of senior players just like nesta had taught fair few of his talents to abate, players like ibra pato robinho boateng should be doing that to el sharawwy . if i was coach i would advice senior players to give them advice, share techniques tactical and technical knowledge. thats the way to grow...

and albertini has been pushing Italian FA to allow clubs to have B teams and let them compete in lower division, that way we dont necessarily have to loose our talented youth on co-ownership, as well as reserve players in senior squad dont have to watch games from stadium instead can play fair few games. but i read that, italian FA is more suppportive to small teams who doesnt want big teams to have B teams to avoid stiff competitions instead has been advocating to focus on stadiums..

i dont know how we are going to make big money signings given the economic climate in italy, but in a way if this situation used well to put more focus on youth, would be great. we have been way too late but galliani should atleast make our club focus more on youth, while maintaining balance with signing star players, or experieced top players.

and would like to add, no fans are begging the club to make expensive signings, we all want galliani to make righteous signings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Interesting read there jesp. Of course we can agree on that Galliani has spent on youth the last 2 years. Having said that , where are they ? Not in Milan , that's what counts above all.

Why Verdi or Strasser aren't in the team? Where's that talented defender we bought from Porto? Why exclude Didac from his first full season at the club , whereas the lb is a big issue even right now as we speak?!

All these things are a result of pretty "easy" choices that interupt our youth players growth into the team. Eventualy and in the long term , it damages our club as well .

Arabrince @

Look mate , it has absolutely nothing to do , with how others clubs are faring on the big scene. Look at the clubs history and you ll get it. Even our defeat in Constantinople will prove my point. We were the big dogs in that CL campaign and look the result. It isn't an exact science , that's i am trying to tell you. Barcelona and the rest of the big clubs can do their worst for all i care , because if we can't deal with our problems , then we won't be a problem for them , i can guarantee you that.

The thing is , Milan as a club has pretty much forgotten the road it took some years back.. Opening the door to younger players to prove why they are there for. From Maldini and Costacurta , to Ambrosini , Gattuso and Pirlo and more recently , to Pato and Abate , Silva and Boateng...

Players like Verdi and Merkel and i don't know who the f*** else may be there , are the solution . I am not the coach to know which are gonna be the right ones , but unless the likes of Bonera and Mesbah do less than expected , then our younger players must have their chances. From something that simple , big teams were built.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

I have faith that they will.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Dante13 wrote:
nah jokes aside , at least Bonera , Flamini and Antonini are loyal players..

Very true. They don't bitch, moan or whine, just accept their roles, do their best when on the field, no matter how bad that is, and love the shirt they are in. That is what earns my respect.
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum