Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track.

+6
Sushi Master
EL Patron
RealGunner
aleumdance
Lex
Raptorgunner
10 posters

Go down

Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track. Empty Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track.

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track.

he Gunners currently sit fifth in the Premier League, four points adrift of the Champions League places following their 3-2 defeat at Swansea last weekend.

And with Manchester United, who beat Arsenal 8-2 at Old Trafford earlier in the season, due at the Emirates on Sunday, there are genuine fears about how the north Londoners’ rearguard will deal with that threat.
“It’s not just the defenders. Arsenal can’t defend anywhere around the pitch”Stewart Robson

But former Highbury midfielder Robson insists the blame lies not with the players, but with the manager.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “The manager has got to stand up. He has to demand the players work harder on defending.

“And it’s not just the defenders. Arsenal can’t defend anywhere around the pitch. The midfielders couldn’t defend when Swansea started to pass the ball [last week].

“Sometimes the players [at Arsenal] get off too easily. It’s always the pitch’s fault, the ref’s fault, the FA’s fault for playing games in too short a period of time. But Wenger has to have a defensive strategy.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1476/78/exclusive-robson-wenger-blame-arsenals-defensive-woes
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track. Empty Re: Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track.

Post by Lex Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Show me a team that can win games playing a 2nd choice CB at RB and a 3rd choice CB at LB whilst playing a 3rd choice CB and i'll show you a golden pig
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track. Empty Re: Stewart Robson has told Arsene Wenger he has to build from the back to get Arsenal’s season back on track.

Post by aleumdance Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Wenger played Defense as a professional

so i kinda find it weird he is not that much of a defensive coach
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Robson talking shit again
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Totally irrelevant considering half the defenders are injured :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Lawl, considering our defense on paper is one of the best in the league.

Obviously, what could anyone do without fullbacks?

Why is it I can recall the team without injuries grinding out 1-0s and being solid in a very tough CL group. I wonder why? hmm
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

The point is Wenger lets players off too easy, we keep making mistakes after mistakes.

I know we have many injures, but why are not we signing anyone? Wenger had close to a month to sign a player now he is waiting to see how we do vs United. :brickwall:

We all know players will have setbacks and look at Diaby he was suppose to be back in 10 days that was last year.

We have to get humiliated to buy a player? Crying or Very sad

I dont give a shit about Stewart says really, it just sad that guys like him point out our problems.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

I think that the "grind it out 1-0" wins are actually the issue. Other teams are not afraid of arsenal scoring anymore. We use to complain that teams would park the bus on us. Now not so much. I think that we need a CAM and forward option more than a CB. As a team we can not score goals without RVP that needs to change.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm

A bit hard to build from the back when so many defenders are out..
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

6unner wrote:I think that the "grind it out 1-0" wins are actually the issue. Other teams are not afraid of arsenal scoring anymore. We use to complain that teams would park the bus on us. Now not so much. I think that we need a CAM and forward option more than a CB. As a team we can not score goals without RVP that needs to change.
Our attack is definitely not at the level it was before. But wins are wins and I don't have a problem with them, considering RVP is our only in form attacker and we barely have any depth.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
6unner wrote:I think that the "grind it out 1-0" wins are actually the issue. Other teams are not afraid of arsenal scoring anymore. We use to complain that teams would park the bus on us. Now not so much. I think that we need a CAM and forward option more than a CB. As a team we can not score goals without RVP that needs to change.
Our attack is definitely not at the level it was before. But wins are wins and I don't have a problem with them, considering RVP is our only in form attacker and we barely have any depth.

We create the chances but Theo, Gervinho, Ramsey etc are too wasteful in front of goals.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 pm

at least someone is willing to give the team a kick in the a$$.

ACCOUNTABILITY.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:05 pm

http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenals-insult-to-injury-2/
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Iceman wrote:http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenals-insult-to-injury-2/
Who did we piss off to get this much bad luck year after year. :brickwall:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down