Fadi
red&blacklegion
Forza
•MilanDevil•
BiasedMilanFan3
shamr9pato
13 posters

Go down

the curious case of emanuelson's position Empty the curious case of emanuelson's position

Post by shamr9pato Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 am

he is all over the pitch... place him in the midfield TQ or defence.. what is his best position though?? i heard some say he was quite decent when he played as a LB against inter.. wat du u think??
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

the curious case of emanuelson's position Empty Re: the curious case of emanuelson's position

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 am

His best position is on the bench
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

the curious case of emanuelson's position Empty Re: the curious case of emanuelson's position

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 am

Maybe Allegri could develop him into a LB, the same way Leonardo did with Abate.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:00 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:His best position is on the bench

sadly, this is probably true...

Left Right Out
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 am

Somwhere in the MF .If he played 4-2-3-1 he could have played as a winger.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 am

i've said since emanuelsson arrived that he should be made to play as LB, now even if the man can't defend i fail to see how he can do worse than antonini!!.

allegri's problem is that he's too old fashioned and stubborn..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm

LB>rest
plus you guys need an LB (as do we -.-')

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:29 pm

the ideal scenario would be Allegri force him to become a lefb fullback .That's where we have issues mostly..
But is rather the opposite that's happening ; he plays him as the trequartista Shocked

However , i really have faith in Emanuelson , always thought he is a great talent. If Allegri does what i suspect he does , playing him in different positions and figuring out what's best for the team , then maybe Urby can become important for Milan , if a solution can be found.

Again , i would use him as a left back , though i fully understand he doesn't defend properly and he hasn't that , positioning sense Abate or good fullbacks have . It's his biggest con , without a doubt. Having that as it may , tactical issues always have room for improvement . Biggest example :

Madrid's Marcelo : once a headless chicken playing left back and now easily the best left fullback in Spain and arguably one of the best in the world. His progress since our games in 2009 up untill today , is easily on par with Abate.

Last edited by Dante13 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I think he should be used as a LB
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 pm

I personally would love to see him at LB, but under Allegri is best as a Mezz'ala not a trequartista
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:07 pm

he was awsome as LB today!!, i fail to see how the headless chicken or zambrotta can do any better...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:13 pm

He was very tidy at LB today. Deserves an honorable mention.
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Antonini
The left-back did not warrant his early substitution, as he performed better than Emanuelson, but his marauding style going forward did see him potentially exposed to counterattacks down his flank.

Urby
Again showed he is out of his depth as a trequartista, as he continued to fail in his quest to find creativity. Moved to left-back and looked far more comfortable, but Antonini was arguably a better bet

:facepalm: another epic fail by goal.com
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

whats wrong with that?Antonini was great in the first half while Urby was invisible as usual as CAM...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Ganso wrote:whats wrong with that?Antonini was great in the first half while Urby was invisible as usual as CAM...

urby was much better than antonini at LB.. yeah CAM isnt his position.. but after he was sent back he was much more comfortable
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:41 pm

yeah,i hope alegri starts urby as a LB now
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Ibrahimovic "Urby must play LB"
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 am

I haven't been able to see the Novara games so I can not comment on his performance there - though I would note that some of the praise he got for his performance when shifted to the flank against Inter was a tad premature given that Inter barely attacked him, though he did perform well when called upon - however this aside, Emanuelson's most confident and useful performance was as our LCM against Bologna, importantly behind and in support of Boateng.

One point of Allegri's management that has bugged me has been his heirarchy of substitutes at times and it reinforced the perilous nature of Urby's position within our squad, as he was used as a substitute to Boateng instead of a compliment deeper in midfield. We all know that Urby hasn't the vision or personality to allow our play to run through him, however in support of a player such as Boateng who though he doesn't have elite vision is an instinctive player who will attempt the unexpected requires willing movement and energy, he ably supported our attack whilst providing a more disciplined performance than Boateng usually does in central midfield.

Urby can't be any of the first three threats, however like Nocerino, when he's the final man, he can be an asset, whilst his set piece play also adds another potential dimension to our play, however the danger without natural attacking midfielders in the squad is that with injuries his use drops considerably. With Prince injured, unless El Shaarawy is on the pitch he returns to being his usual one dimensional self.

That fairly run of the mill offensive drive is fine if he functions as an attacking left back, however I'll believe that this is a realistic option in Europe when I see it. Novara are not what I would describe as a stern test of defensive mettle.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down