halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
izzy
The Franchise
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should EPL clubs have B teams?

Should EPL clubs have B teams? Vote_lcap63%Should EPL clubs have B teams? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
Should EPL clubs have B teams? Vote_lcap37%Should EPL clubs have B teams? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 19

Should EPL clubs have B teams? Empty Should EPL clubs have B teams?

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 am

I personally think yes, I certaintly agree with AVB. He isnt the first to say it either of course..

Idiots on skysports dont agree, but they dont know anything anyway. Silly arguments against it.

But I think it certainly would help the youth development in England greatly, the step up from youth football to first team is a big one. The gap between the Spanish 2nd and 3rd divisions are much smaller and this alone makes the transition easier.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should EPL clubs have B teams? Empty Re: Should EPL clubs have B teams?

Post by izzy Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 am

I see what you mean. However, as a supporter of a championship side what would it mean for my team? Where would these B teams go? Surley them competing in the lower leagues could really hinder the progress of some of the lower teams?

It would be of great benefit to the youth of England but there seems to be more problems than just the players and the ones being produced.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

Thats an issue. But those B teams dont have to start in the Championship, maybe they can work their way up IDK.

Barca B started in the local regional leagues and worked their way up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:49 am

Yes, but only if they start off in the regional leagues like they do in Spain.....

Like Conference south for example or maybe below that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:51 am

The Franchise wrote:Thats an issue. But those B teams dont have to start in the Championship, maybe they can work their way up IDK.

Barca B started in the local regional leagues and worked their way up.

If the F.A. were to think about this, I don't believe they would have the patience and start them of in the Conference South or regional leagues.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:51 am

yeah i support that idea... it would benefit the smaller teams with smaller budgets than the bigger ones

poll???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 am

It's a good idea but it's not fair on other teams in lower leagues.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 am

gunnerlistick wrote:It's a good idea but it's not fair on other teams in lower leagues.

What if they start from the regional leagues and work their way up? Many teams can do that, Arsenal B (for example) can just do the same and in some years time they would earn their position in the Championship or wherever they can get to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 am

lol why would it be unfair for the small teams? if they're good enough they'll beat the reserves, if not they have no business playing professional football

survival of the fittest, bitches
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 am

I'm not against the idea , but a few points .

How many clubs will have these B teams ?

Where will the B teams play ?

If they can work their way up the league ladder , how high can they get ?

Will the league structure be expanded to fit in the new teams ?

Wont this result in some lower league being a mirror of the PL , killing of the excitement for the existing teams in that league ?

England do have a number of non-league clubs who have pretty passionate and sizeable fan base, I doubt they'd endorse such an idea unless the finer points are worked out .

And of course it's not like there isn't a way in England to maintain a reserve team .There's already a reserve league . And an u-18 league . And the CC , if you think like Wenger .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 am

drakefyre wrote:I'm not against the idea , but a few points .

Wont this result in some lower league being a mirror of the PL , killing of the excitement for the existing teams in that league ?

England do have a number of non-league clubs who have pretty passionate and sizeable fan base, I doubt they'd endorse such an idea unless the finer points are worked out .

And of course it's not like there isn't a way in England to maintain a reserve team .There's already a reserve league . And an u-18 league . And the CC , if you think like Wenger .

As many clubs as they want could have a B team, but realistically I dont think tons of them would make it all the way to the Championship. Just like not many make it to the Segunda.

And of course the lower teams wont like it, they arent gaining anything..but it is what it is, if your good enough, you stay.

The reserve league and your leagues are a joke, non compeitive events which dont prepare young players enough for the top division.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:30 am

Arsène Wenger believes an Under-21 competition could be an excellent replacement for the Reserve League.

The structure of reserves and youth football is under scrutiny as top clubs explore ways to improve the development of their young players and the Arsenal manager has distanced himself from suggestions that 'B teams' should be permitted to play in the Championship.

Wenger admits that the 'feeder club' proposal would suit Arsenal but he prefers a different solution.

"It [having a B team] would suit us, yes, but there are two problems," he said.

"In the education of a young player you have until the age of 18 where he can play, let's say in the youth teams or in the Reserve League. Then the biggest problem, that they want to sort out here, is the problem between 18 and 21. Basically that is what you call the integration of the player into the first team.

"It would give you a better indication of how competitive a player can be at a certain level. Today we give our players out on loan to the lower leagues and that is not bad as well because they learn how to cope with different environments and if they manage to convince people that they can play in there they come back. So it's not bad in England.

"But at the moment the academy will be restructured and they will create an Under-21 league that I find quite interesting, with all the best teams in England together in an Under-21 league. That could basically be the replacement of the Reserve League that we have today."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 am

lol it would benefit the big teams of course, but people are forgetting that there are already too many football teams in england, having B teams world just make it worse.

more over it is ignorant for people to say 'oh if you are good enough, u'll stay etc' think about it, if there are PL B teams more people are going to go and watch the B team sides, instead of the lower league sides. lower league sides will start to lose fans and struggle even more to build a better fan base. teams like Darlington are struggling and going out of business because of poor crowd attendances. PL B teams would make it so much worse. its not as easy as you guys think.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 am

I don't see any good reason for why they shouldn't.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't see any good reason for why they shouldn't.

already told you why, not saying they shouldn't, but my reason is one reason why i think they wouldn't...
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:lol it would benefit the big teams of course, but people are forgetting that there are already too many football teams in england, having B teams world just make it worse.

more over it is ignorant for people to say 'oh if you are good enough, u'll stay etc' think about it, if there are PL B teams more people are going to go and watch the B team sides, instead of the lower league sides. lower league sides will start to lose fans and struggle even more to build a better fan base. teams like Darlington are struggling and going out of business because of poor crowd attendances. PL B teams would make it so much worse. its not as easy as you guys think.

What kind of fan stops coming to see thier club to go watch the B team of another club?

I seriously doubt that will happen much, if at all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 am

The Franchise wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:lol it would benefit the big teams of course, but people are forgetting that there are already too many football teams in england, having B teams world just make it worse.

What kind of fan stops coming to see thier club to go watch the B team of another club?

I seriously doubt that will happen much, if at all.

happens already, in the lower league most kids don't watch their local teams enough. They all too busy following Yanited, Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea etc
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 am

Yeah okay, but current fans of small clubs arent going to stop watching those games ahead of watching Chelsea B team.

Chelsea A, maybe...but B team...no.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:27 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah okay, but current fans of small clubs arent going to stop watching those games ahead of watching Chelsea B team.

yes but thats not the problem, what the lower league clubs are having problems with is GAINING fans and moving forward. not maintain the fans they already have. PL B side will make it even harder to gain fans and to move forward.

i actually voted yes, btw. because i would like this to happen but i know it wont.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Yeah okay, but current fans of small clubs arent going to stop watching those games ahead of watching Chelsea B team.

yes but thats not the problem, what the lower league clubs are having problems with is GAINING fans and moving forward. not maintain the fans they already have. PL B side will make it even harder to gain fans and to move forward.

i actually voted yes, btw. because i would like this to happen but i know it wont.

I really do see how to be honest with you,, I think having a B team would make a difference.

If im from Brighton, im going to support either Brighton or another side, regardless of if they have a B team or not. Just not getting the theory, but never mind.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:56 am

I am against it for pure historical reasons and the crazy amount of clubs already in england.

However, I would Love a Chelsea B side. No other B side though Smile
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 am

In Germany we have 2nd teams (or U23 teams) of about all BL (and even lower) clubs. The 2nd teams are allowed to play up to the 3rd league, with a maximum of four 2nd teams being allowed in the 3rd league (if more qualify they still have to stay one league below and only the best four make it to 3rd league). Here it works considerably well, although the proper teams in the lower leagues are not too fond of having to play against 2nd teams as that usually doesn't bring much audience.

BTW, for those who might think that Bayern München II might hog one 2nd team place in the 3rd league - not really. IIRC they are currently in the 5th league. Most of the 2nd teams are not too convincing as they usually don't have a stable team.

As you can see - only two teams atm even:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am

Both Spain and Germany have this system and guess what, their NT's are the best in the world...while England's, not so much

Wake up FA.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 am

The Franchise wrote:
drakefyre wrote:I'm not against the idea , but a few points .

As many clubs as they want could have a B team, but realistically I dont think tons of them would make it all the way to the Championship. Just like not many make it to the Segunda.

And of course the lower teams wont like it, they arent gaining anything..but it is what it is, if your good enough, you stay.

I'm afraid that's not gonna be practical . Not with the fanbase and tradition some of the "smaller" clubs have .

The Franchise wrote:
The reserve league and your leagues are a joke, non compeitive events which dont prepare young players enough for the top division.

Now that I agree with . And I believe taking steps to make the R-league competitive is a good way to go , maybe even allow them to play in the cups . Wenger's u-21 league doesn't seem like a bad idea .

drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:02 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:yes but thats not the problem, what the lower league clubs are having problems with is GAINING fans and moving forward. not maintain the fans they already have. PL B side will make it even harder to gain fans and to move forward.
In Germany the proper clubs don't worry the 2nd teams take away their fans, it is more the other way round. Proper teams usually bring away fans to the matches while the 2nd teams don't, so playing against 2nd teams gives lower gate money than playing against proper teams.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next