Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

+21
Amar
InvalidComment
urbaNRoots
aleumdance
boss
Jamin
MJ
Iceman
TalkingReckless
SamuelJayC
Lex
tsgooner1
KMD
Eman
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
djoe26
mani88
REWB
The Verminator
Jay29
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 am

thats not the point lol

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 am

Everyone please calm down for a minute.

Our fans were disgraceful for booing, not sure if they were booing Arshavin or Wenger's tactical choice - but it was bad. Vermaelen as usual had a great game, Koscienly and Mertesacker too, Djourou was the only one bad player in the defence - I think it's safe enough to start Yennaris ahead of him. He had Nani in his pocket ffs Razz

Rosicky was good, Ramsey since Gary Speed's death didn't have a single good game it's worrying, Walcott poor just poor just as Ramsey, Ox was MOTM for Arsenal, van Persie was good, Arshavin *sigh* nuff said.

I mean what does van Persie think when he scores a goal but his team bottles it most of the time No

We could've won this if Wenger didn't trust Arshavin that much, and if we had a bit more luck tonight.

Great post-match review Jay btw.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 am

Guys Yennaris was great, had Nani and Giggs in his pocket - it was the Arshavin one that worries me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 am

Yennaris did okay, but he made mistakes, too. On one ocassion he tried to nick the ball ahead of Nani but missed it, and then after tracking back he played a United player onside even though he was called offside by the linesman.

I wouldn't want to throw the kid in. Djourou was terrible today but unless we move Koscielny from centre back there isn't an alternative.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:59 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yennaris did okay, but he made mistakes, too. On one ocassion he tried to nick the ball ahead of Nani but missed it, and then after tracking back he played a United player onside even though he was called offside by the linesman.

I wouldn't want to throw the kid in. Djourou was terrible today but unless we move Koscielny from centre back there isn't an alternative.

play yennaris simple as, of course he is not perfect and is going to make mistakes, but he is better than djourou simple as. just play him and let him learn from his mistakes, because djourou doesn't learn shit anyway.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:40 am

If AW had so much faith in Shava, then he wouldn't have started a kid who hasn't started a single game in the league, against Yanited...........
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 am

[quote="The Verminator"]If AW had so much faith in Shava, then he wouldn't have started a kid who hasn't started a single game in the league, against Yanited...........[/quote

honestly, I don't even get that, i like wenger, but sometimes..just sometimes.. he just..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 am

nah wait hold on he took a risk and it payed off that's fine. But someone was saying that AW had too much faith in Shava, when really he was subbed by an 18 year old who just made his first EPL start
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InvalidComment Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:20 am

my take on that sub thingie

The very Ox....15mil??really for championship player?wtf AW,wtf?ooh why was he subbed? Razz

AW,live on!!!!!
InvalidComment
InvalidComment
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 am

RVP when AOC is taken off: "How? Fu*k"....
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 am

Wenger: "If you want me to blame one player I will not do that. We win together and we lose together. If I made a mistake, I am sorry."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 am

it wasn't all down to 1 player today. Song and Arshavin were at fault for the goal. But also lets not forget that RVP shoulda scored that sitter too. AW gotta point
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am

Time to move on.

United could have buried about 3 past us before the substitution, so I'm not going to fully blame Wenger for the loss. First half we were absolute trash and getting run all over the pitch. Most of the players didn't even show up until the 60th minute.

However, he has to take some of it cause that substitution was absolutely ridiculous. Arshavin is without doubt one of the most out of form players at the club, and throwing him on the left flank where Vermaelen was going to need help with Valencia was an appalling decision. And it showed when Arshavin jumped and turned his back leaving Vermaelen exposed.

Even though we are riding a rough patch, I felt that the booing after the game was out of line. I really do hope that it sent a message to the board and Wenger to make a buy though.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:36 pm

There are players who are playing regularly and are not preforming Arshavin, Djourou, Ramsey(Lately), Walcott. These players are preforming poorly considering how they have played in the past. Chamberlain has been quality every match he has played and only now vs United he was given a chance in the EPL. Ryo while I know he was injured he was playing in the same Dutch league Vermaelen was and preforming week in week out yet he is not even considered?

We all can see Djourou has major weaknesses against pacey players as we saw vs Swansea, Fulham and now United. Surely in the youth system we have spent millions of dollars in developing talent we have a RB.
Arshavin and Walcott have been invisible and has been like we have 10 players on the pitch.
Ramsey form has dropped since the passing of the Welsh Manager maybe he needs to be given a few weeks off?

Wenger is really really pushing the patience of the fans and with the board speaking out saying we have X million for transfers and nobody coming in.
I would be amazed to see someone come in but all I expect is the loaning of a RB.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 pm

And the loaning of a RB is just fine! Remember that Sagna is coming back and Jenkinson has been pretty good when he's come on.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm sure when we get our full-backs back and Wilshere and Arteta, we will improve quickly and pick up wins.

Gervinho will return from ACN too, whilst hopefully, we get 1 signing in the last week.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 pm

If you could pick one player to sign for us, who would it be?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Dont give your hopes up guys, I can totally see Arsenal winning a Epl.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 pm

The xcx wrote:Dont give your hopes up guys, I can totally see Arsenal winning a Epl.

But I can't see Real Madrid winning a La Liga anytime soon sorry No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:38 pm

The xcx wrote:Dont give your hopes up guys, I can totally see Arsenal winning a Epl.
Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 4 Arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:43 pm

He's trolling, and he has become a Chelsea fan since Real Madrid can't win sh*t and Chelsea spends more Laughing pure gloryhunter GTFO.

RG I guess trolling in another clubs section is 25% warning level worthy.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am

i dont want to see u trolling here again
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 am

RealGunner wrote:

i dont want to see u trolling here again

Nice Avatar. :lol!:

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 4 58-90
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

If you meant "a" as in, one in the future, then yes. You're right.

But you're obviously trolling so...GTFO please pirat
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 am

omg JD :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40 am

The Verminator wrote:If you could pick one player to sign for us, who would it be?

Podolski, possible target and can fill the LW position + striker when we need him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next