Cotes
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
juventrini
DeviAngel
9 posters

Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:07 am

With PDC hitting form in the last games ( even thou its obvious he is LW not LB) do we need LB? having Marcelo Estigarribia able to play there even pepe and Vidal ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by juventrini Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 pm

well if caceres arrives the alternatives for LB will be him, pdc, est, chiellini...est seems to be preferred as the left wingback in 3-5-2 and pdc/chiellini in 4-3-3..i doubt we will keep esti over summer and for sure we can do better than deceglie(if he doesnt improve drastically by then)..we will be facing stiffer competiton in the CL and all games will be tough when competing on multiple fromts..remember we dont play games just to kick around the ball..we have to restore this club and slowly bring in the calibre of players in all positions that we were once accostumed to

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Yes we do... why? Because PDC is a sub, not a starter? Who do we have on the bench that is an ideal LB? Grosso...? No thanks. We need someone better than PDC, because at the end of the day he's not good enough to start. Just a good bench player, nonetheless agaisnt Atalanta he had hardly any defending to do. The reason why hes playing is cuz Bonucci has been sucking and Chiellini has been a brick wall with Barzagli in the center. Cacares would be a great addition with his experience and past with us, and not to mention is verstality. Vidal, Pepe and Esti are not good enough for the role. Vidal is just average at any role he plays at, Pepe is worst, and Esti is not solid at the back.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

juventrini wrote:well if caceres arrives the alternatives for LB will be him, pdc, est, chiellini...est seems to be preferred as the left wingback in 3-5-2 and pdc/chiellini in 4-3-3..i doubt we will keep esti over summer and for sure we can do better than deceglie(if he doesnt improve drastically by then)..we will be facing stiffer competiton in the CL and all games will be tough when competing on multiple fromts..remember we dont play games just to kick around the ball..we have to restore this club and slowly bring in the calibre of players in all positions that we were once accostumed to

What u talking about?
why would Juve not sign a promising player with good control,pace,tracks back & works really hard?

Juve signed Motta permanently FFS!
He is a must!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

PDC has supposedly "found his form" multiple times in his career over the last few years and he has also "lost his form" just as many times. He is an inconsistent player with holes in his game. Juve needs a solid LB, not someone that shows up to play every few games.

Juve didn't settle for average defenders before calciopoli, so why should we be ok with an average player like PDC who plays in a very critical position for a team that runs a 4-3-3 and needs a LB who can contribute to the build-up in attack?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I wish deceglie would've gotten more chances this season.. He always impresses me when he comes on after being benched for a while

In most cases I would rather him starting then bonucci

If Caceres comes he will most likely play at lb this season.. But if one of lich, barz or chiellini can't play, Caceres will cover them and deceglie will play at lb

I see Caceres as a rotation player, same as guarin..
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 pm

If Juve is going to sign Caceres, that's fine. But, in the end, the fullbacks are a very important position, especially when you're playing a 4-3-3 with three CMs.

I would prefer that Juve sign a player that is a pure LB and he should be a damn good one. I do not want Juve to sign a player that plays some LB and CB and would be good for depth purposes.

We need a player that will shine at the position like Zambrotta, not a player that "can" play the position.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Juventude wrote:PDC has supposedly "found his form" multiple times in his career over the last few years and he has also "lost his form" just as many times. He is an inconsistent player with holes in his game. Juve needs a solid LB, not someone that shows up to play every few games.

life is simple when someone echoes your thoughts so well for you

:bow: :bow: :bow:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm fully convinced that we would see an entirely different team if we had a class LB on this team. The attack and midfield would all improve. The right side improved greatly with a signing of a player like Licht at RB and I wouldn't even put him on level with the best RBs in football.

This team has had quality players at various positions since calciopoli, except at LB. I would love to see Juve properly invest money in this position and I think that it would pay dividends in so many ways.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Ally Cisokho, now or never before Newcastle get him first...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Yes we do... why? Because PDC is a sub, not a starter? Who do we have on the bench that is an ideal LB? Grosso...? No thanks. We need someone better than PDC, because at the end of the day he's not good enough to start. Just a good bench player, nonetheless agaisnt Atalanta he had hardly any defending to do. The reason why hes playing is cuz Bonucci has been sucking and Chiellini has been a brick wall with Barzagli in the center. Cacares would be a great addition with his experience and past with us, and not to mention is verstality. Vidal, Pepe and Esti are not good enough for the role. Vidal is just average at any role he plays at, Pepe is worst, and Esti is not solid at the back.

He's been one of our best players this season.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

We wont be buying Cissokho Elm, you should'nt listen to the media Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend