The Franchise
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
52 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your Football Pet Hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Football Pet Hates

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:24 pm

people who will always defend their club/ player playing for the club even if he is clearly at fault and will attack the rival club./players for nonsensical reasons just because they play for their rivals

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 pm

I think GoonerJay would agree with this one: People hoping their team or players on their team perform badly just to prove a misguided opinion they have about why the team could be better if the manager did 'x.'

Making bold statements about a player or team's talent on the basis of a small number of games.

Acting like anyone their club is linked with is automatically better than what they have and would improve the side, even if they've never seen the player or have any evidence to support the claim.

Also already said, but scapegoating players for bad performances when they didn't even do anything wrong, or in some cases didn't even play, really upsets me.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 am

I agree Eman. I hate it when peeps say oh i hope Arshavin flops so Wenger can sell him and we can buy X or whatever. And the worst is when they say i hope we drop out of fourth so Wenger can spend some money....Can't remember if it was only 1 person who said it, but you must always SUPPORT the club.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:45 am

I HATE when a poster talks about how good/bad some unknown young player is when you KNOW the only place they've seen them is football manager
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:48 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:I HATE when a poster talks about how good/bad some unknown young player is when you KNOW the only place they've seen them is football manager
You just described SuperMag lol
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:50 am

People who base their opinions off empty shallow statistics.Statistics are there to complement what you've witnessed on the pitch , so when people just quote how much goals x has scored or assists while ignoring all the factors which go into these , it pisses me off.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:55 am

Romanticizing the past.

Yes, Messi and/or Ronaldo are better than [insert player here]. Deal with it.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:35 am

Eman wrote:I think GoonerJay would agree with this one: People hoping their team or players on their team perform badly just to prove a misguided opinion they have about why the team could be better if the manager did 'x.'

Making bold statements about a player or team's talent on the basis of a small number of games.

Acting like anyone their club is linked with is automatically better than what they have and would improve the side, even if they've never seen the player or have any evidence to support the claim.

Also already said, but scapegoating players for bad performances when they didn't even do anything wrong, or in some cases didn't even play, really upsets me.

I do, indeed, agree with you about people wishing that something goes wrong just to justify a misguided opinion. Every time I see a comment like "I really hope we lose today, so Wenger can realise we need to spend more money" or "I hope player x performs badly so the manager can see how bad he is" I cringe.

The only peeve that annoys me more is the scapegoating of players, regardless of how well they may have performed in a recent match or over a period of time. It often makes me wonder if certain fans actually watch football.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:42 am

Oh another one: The black and white effect

If a player isn't world-class...he's shit - no, below shit.

If you listened to some people here talk, there's about 10 class players in the world and everyone else is total garbage :facepalm:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 am

I hate when people decide a teams bad result was purely the fault of the player on that team that they dont like when they didnt even watch the game and probably havent watched the club in question for months

I hate when people cant see their own bias to player in their own team, honestly just because X plays for your blub doesnt make him thebest player in the world. I understand unintentional bias to your own clubs players (lets face it, we all do it) but some prics wont even attempt to take that into account when comapring players

When someone has a go at your club or a player from your club theyre not having a go at you ffs, get off your high horse and relax, your just a supporter, theres millions fo you around the world. You individualy have so special affiliation with yor clb and the only reason your club even knows you exist is because your on a mialing list or something, honestly sit the f*ck down and read whats being said and remember your names not Andrea Pirlo, when someone knocks him their not knocking you

I hate when someone pretends ot be the all knowing oracle on FFP, are you the clubs accountant? no. Have you read all the rule on FFP? no so what gives you the knowledge to decide "club X will never pass FFP, but Y will get by easily"

And when a team parks the bus football doesnt loose, and its not negative tactics and Xavi doesnt go home and cry himself to sleep its just team A which is proably much weaker then team B playing to its strengths. Honestly what do you want them to do? go forward try to attack and loose 4-0 or sitback play to their strenthgs and go for a 1-0 win

and the PL is not full of technique-less skill-less headless chickens chasing long balls around for 90 minutes

Le Samourai wrote:People who base their opinions off empty shallow statistics.Statistics are there to complement what you've witnessed on the pitch , so when people just quote how much goals x has scored or assists while ignoring all the factors which go into these , it pisses me off.

this one soooooo much, the game is played on the pitch, not by some d*ck in a dark room with a calculator

Last edited by fatman123 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 am

Commentator 1: The team will have to depend on the old, weary legs of these veterans.
Commentator 2: Yes, that doesn't bode well for them. I'm around the same age as some of these players. *laughs*

Has it occurred to you that players do not lose the ability to move after 30? In fact, some players only hit their peak after that time. If these guys are still playing at an elite level and you've retired, maybe they are better than you were, lol. Why would a player not deserve to be playing purely because they are old? GTFO generic retard commentator.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 am

And not a single *bleep* was given about fans who think players are above criticism.

I hate club directors and Chairman refusing to sell players to Bayern Munchen for envious and jealousy reasons, say for example Voller.

People thinking Dortmund are as Good as Bayern Munchen.

People who says Boateng should be bench, forgetting how they wanted Badstuber to learn from experience even when he had horrible season.

People who are not Bayern Munchen fans
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 am

My football pet doesn't really hate many things

He's just a dog... I don't think he even knows about the concept of football tbh
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:35 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:My football pet doesn't really hate many things

He's just a dog... I don't think he even knows about the concept of football tbh
That must be a strangely shaped dog...

In any case:
People who believe they know more about tactics/coaches/players/management than everyone else, and refuse to believe that there are other ways of looking at things and other possibilities out there than the ones they've come up with, i.e. elitist closed-mindedness.

Barca Real Madrid discussions. No offense to supporters of either club, but these can never just be discussions. It usually devolves into mudslinging and insults. The two parties are simply so divergent in their belief and support that the discussions can fundamentally never be discussions. No one is ever convinced or willing to actually listen to the other side. You could probably say the same thing about LFC-ManU discussions, but with RM and Barca so prominent in European football, such topics cannot be avoided. (The pervasiveness of the topic intoalmost every discussion is something that also gets on my nerves.)

Unapologetically negative football. For examples see England vs. France, Chelsea vs. Barca, Stoke vs. anyone above them in the table. It's a perfectly valid tactic, and it has its success stories (Chelsea this season). I merely don't enjoy watching it.

Step-overs. Have they ever worked, and I mean REALLY worked? Sure they can unsettle defenders, but most seem to expect it from many players (some more than others *cough* Ronaldo *cough*). It just seems to be showmanship more than anything.

That's all that immediately come to mind... I'm sure I can think of more.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 am

stepovers may look lousy and indeed they sometimes are but they can actually be useful .. i have seen ronaldo use it as a means of keeping the ball ,tricking the defender just before he can deliver a cross/ shot imo ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I hate FC Barcelona.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:I hate FC Barcelona.

not sure if hacked.......
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm

People who base their opinions on a player based on the player's FIFA rating. I've actually faced this before, and I despise it.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Using the term 'world class' too loosely. For example, a few years ago some people considered Jagielka world class :facepalm:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm

che wrote:"x has better potential than y"

what the *bleep* would you know about potential?

word for word what i wanted to post now

dat consistency :bow:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Fan's putting down certain player's to make their own favorite players seem better than they actually are.

I hate that shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:47 pm

When players who don't even play same position are compared like a AM compared to a DM or a Striker and a Winger.
When someone says X player is the new Pele etc.
When people say just sell these 5 players and buy these three players worth 30mil+ each as if it is the most simple thing ever.

Oh and finally when people who rate players positively or negatively even if they have never watched that player.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 pm

people thinking the real transfer market is like in FM! tongue
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Any discussions with Madrid and Barca fans

:coffee:

Hey kettle, this is the pot.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm

People who dont understand the difference between correlation and causation.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fan's putting down certain player's to make their own favorite players seem better than they actually are.

I hate that shit.

Mole you do this all the time lol

Not necessarily with your NUFC players, but if theres a debate between X vs Y you always put down the player you don't like and exaggerate the gap between the two as a method of supporting the player you prefer hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next