For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

+40
Lord Awesome
ijomer
ronalessi
windkick
RealGunner
Adit
gnrfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Die Borussen
Dnmac4
RED
cyberman
paperbackwriter
REWB
arabprince
FalcaoPunch
Harmonica
Doc
Zealous
che
BarcaLearning
baresi
Giggslegend
aleumdance
lszanto
red&blacklegion
dostoevsky
emassy
stevieg8
SaintJoe
Red Alert
TrezeGent
El Chelsea Fuerte
The Verminator
I Have Mono
jibers
Sushi Master
Blue
serieAkings
BarrileteCosmico
44 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? - Page 2 Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by che Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 am

madrid, over a season

BUT, if they meet in cl and barcelona dump them out again it will be a pretty awkward situation...

like liverpool - man utd in 08/09, man utd won like two games against other teams in the top 4 but won the league because they didn't drop points against relegation fodder... you can argue forever who was the better team

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? - Page 2 Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by Zealous Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 am

We're coming for the 3 points at the Mou Camp anyway :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 am

:lucas:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 pm

The way I see it if we do win I end up looking like some super football genius :lucas:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Barcelona winning (?) the UCL would throw a serious wrench into this question which would actually bring about a new argument: Which is the more important trophy to a club, UCL or the League? Also, if Barcelona really go on to win both UCL and CDR, then just off of being mathematically correct, Barcelona would have 2 trophies to Real's 1 and thus had a better season.

However, in terms of the league, the league table does not lie. A league is not won from playing 2 games and Real Madrid, given that everything remains as is, would have shown the consistency it takes to win a league.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 pm

For non madrid/barca only thread there is awful lot of Madrid fans here. Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:22 pm

What I don't get is that this thread is about the league.
Yet I see the CL thrown into the equation.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Barcelona. Considering they are likely to win Champions League, which is more important than La Liga.

If Barca fail in the Champions League and Madrid win the league convincingly, then maybe you can consider RM better.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 pm

why are Madrid and barca fans posting on this thread? it is for NON madrid and barca fans only!!, if i was a mod i would -25 % all of your asses. Evil or Very Mad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:31 pm

In 2009-10 Chelsea lost both their games against Man City while winning the league, is anybody claiming that there is a dent in Chelseas trophy that season? I think not. Is anybody claiming that City was the best team in England that year? Of course not.

This is silly.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm

No team won the european title two years in a row after being named the Champions League. Can Barca be the first.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

course madrid would be better, we once won the league and were beaten twice by derby county.
madrid would be more consistent, better squad depth, more versatile with a greater hunger to win

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Real Madrid for me. Any team that wins the league is the best team in their country imo.

in the 07/08 league campaign, City did the double to us in the league, yet we went went on to win the league and CL. It would be foolish to think City were a better team than us that season.

Same applies here.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

I said in another thread that Madrid have La Liga locked up and Barca fans will start to say so what you didn't beat us. It's nonsense, Madrid should be proud of winning the league it's a big accomplishment and LA Liga has been Barca's personal playground of late so it sends a message to the rest of Spain.

The only reason us Barca fans say that is out of jealousy and frustration at our away form this year.

With that being said, Barca is the better team. I mean I keep hearing all these posters say well it's only 2 games compared to a league, that's non sense.

Barca has played Madrid 5 times this year not 2. And realistically if they go the whole year with out beating Barca that would mean at a minimum it would be 6 times they have played this year and most likley would be 8.

I mean how many times do Barca need to beat them to prove to people that they are the better team.

Again, congrats on the league I take nothing away from Madrid they have been awesome in the league but most posters on this forum always tell us LA Liga is trash and a joke so why do you care so much about MAdrid beating those teams now?

The sample size is huge it's not 2 games and head to head is always the best measure of who is better especially if they have played 6-8 times in the same year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:03 pm

REWB wrote:why are Madrid and barca fans posting on this thread? it is for NON madrid and barca fans only!!, if i was a mod i would -25 % all of your asses. Evil or Very Mad

"Madrid and Barca fans, you are free to comment but please don't monopolize the conversation, everyone already knows your views on the issues."

doesnt that mean we real/barca fans can post here? yes it does so you r wrong.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm inclined to side with Real Madrid on this one, although it's most certainly not a easy question to answer. Any team is capable of having another teams number, these things happen in just about every sport. I'd feel funny calling Barcelona the better side if they fail to win the league, they've struggled against some of the lesser teams this season. Too many variables come into play and at the end of the day it's really just a matter of opinion.

I know Barcelona have had to deal with integrating new players and that could be the reason that they've dropped points against the lower tier teams.

I'd like to see how both teams play in the Champions League and that would play a role in my final decision. I haven't been able to watch as much football as I would've liked this season, so I don't think my opinion matters much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Real Madrid.......

Who ever wins the league deserves it, this shows you are the most consistent and are deserving of the title.....

It's irrelevant if Madrid lose both Clasico's and Barca win the CL as both of those are sprints and the league is a marathon and if Madrid were to win it would show they are the best.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I more or less agree with Mole er I mean Sprucenuce lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

That's your Great Leader Sprucenuce Razz ( Great Leader gives permission to his loyal residents to call him Mole tho Razz )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Point of notice: Madrid will not play Barca 2 times, they will play Barca 6 times this season, and possibly 8 with the CL (2 Spanish Supercup, 2 Copa del Rey, 2 league). Out of the 5 played so far they have failed to beat Barca even once. Their heads to heads record clearly show which team would beat the other, doesn't that make it the better team?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Point of notice: Madrid will not play Barca 2 times, they will play Barca 6 times this season, and possibly 8 with the CL (2 Spanish Supercup, 2 Copa del Rey, 2 league). Out of the 5 played so far they have failed to beat Barca even once. Their heads to heads record clearly show which team would beat the other, doesn't that make it the better team?

It doesn't matter...

Best team is decided by consistency.

Even a relegation folder team can defeat the defending champions, does that mean shit though when looking at an overall season?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Point of notice: Madrid will not play Barca 2 times, they will play Barca 6 times this season, and possibly 8 with the CL (2 Spanish Supercup, 2 Copa del Rey, 2 league). Out of the 5 played so far they have failed to beat Barca even once. Their heads to heads record clearly show which team would beat the other, doesn't that make it the better team?

No doubt about it, head to head, Barcelona is hands down the better team but when you put it in a scenario as in La Liga, then things get more interesting. No matter how much one spins it, if Real Madrid are still holding a lead at the end of the season, they are the better team in the league. I believe it's all about perspective. Barcelona is the better team when compared head to head but they would not be the better team in the league.

As they say, the league table does not lie...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Madrid will be more consistent, but Barca will be better in that their ceiling is higher. You cant say you're better than someone when you havent beat them in 5-6 matches, and have more draws than wins.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 pm

It shows madrid is more flexible,they can play any tactics currently.

possession,counter attack,EPL kcik and run,Serie A sleepy,Stoke break the bone,Villarreal one touch,4-1-5 all out attack,midfield bypass,midfield load etc against various teams and still come out winning....
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 pm

But you can say you're better when you fail to beat teams that the other team (Madrid) has succeeded against?

I fail to see how Barcelona have a higher ceiling with that logic.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Madrid will be the better team.

However if Barca wins the CL, then that gets complicated
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next