For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

+40
Lord Awesome
ijomer
ronalessi
windkick
RealGunner
Adit
gnrfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Die Borussen
Dnmac4
RED
cyberman
paperbackwriter
REWB
arabprince
FalcaoPunch
Harmonica
Doc
Zealous
che
BarcaLearning
baresi
Giggslegend
aleumdance
lszanto
red&blacklegion
dostoevsky
emassy
stevieg8
SaintJoe
Red Alert
TrezeGent
El Chelsea Fuerte
The Verminator
I Have Mono
jibers
Sushi Master
Blue
serieAkings
BarrileteCosmico
44 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? Empty For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:27

Madrid and Barca fans, you are free to comment but please don't monopolize the conversation, everyone already knows your views on the issues.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by serieAkings Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:51

Madrid.

2 matches (although they're 2 big matches), don't win you a league, and Madrids consistency in winning proves that they're the better team.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? Empty Re: For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side?

Post by Blue Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:54

Laughing

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:54

What if Barca win the CL instead? banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:00

Samething that happpend in the great Madrids side days. RM won the Cl but Herreras barca played them off the park in the league. Which team is remmeebred more? Napoli bested Milan in the league in the late 80s but who is rememered? Don't know to be honest.

That is the paradox here, Barcelona wold not be the best side in Spain, but they would be the best side in Europe. Same situation happened with AC and Inter in 07 cl. Milan came third but were the European and world champions, who was deemed better? To answer your question, depends. If Barcelona beat Madrid en route to the CL win and win the copa after besting Madrid, they would have beaten them in 2 out of three competitions. Barcelona for me...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:00

Sushi Master wrote:What if Barca win the CL instead? banana

interesting hmm

That makes it tough, i guess Barca since CL is the biggest competition.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:05

Consistency shows Madrids skill more than any one game could. It shows Madrids mental strength highlighted by the fact that they get out of bed almost everyday ready to play no matter how shitty the team they're going to play may be.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:07

Barce can beat RM sure, but RM can perform better against 18 other teams than Barce can. So RM are better equipped to deal with different tactics, different strategies, and different formations.

What i'm trying to get at is RM would be the better side if they can win La Liga
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:15

jibers wrote:Samething that happpend in the great Madrids side days. RM won the Cl but Herreras barca played them off the park in the league. Which team is remmeebred more? Napoli bested Milan in the league in the late 80s but who is rememered? Don't know to be honest.

That is the paradox here, Barcelona wold not be the best side in Spain, but they would be the best side in Europe. Same situation happened with AC and Inter in 07 cl. Milan came third but were the European and world champions, who was deemed better? To answer your question, depends. If Barcelona beat Madrid en route to the CL win and win the copa after besting Madrid, they would have beaten them in 2 out of three competitions. Barcelona for me...
True enough, I think this logic is sound and fair. They compete in 3 competitions and will probably face off each other in the CL. That being said, no team has ever won the CL 2 successive years so I don't think Barca will win it this year.

To those saying Madrid would be better, would you feel that the claim "Madrid is a better team than Barca" would be true if Madrid face Barca 4/6 times and don't beat Barca even once?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:16

Madrid obviously

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:18

I would rather be beaten 10 nil in two games against Barcelona and still win the league than the other way around

That being said I would prefer the UCL over everything else

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:19

If Barca win both matches and CL, while Madrid wins La Liga, I'd say Barca are the better side.

I could be a bit biased though. I used to have a soft spot for Madrid before Mourinho came, but his pathetic character is really really influencing badly on the club.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:20

Mourinho to win the league and pussy out of Spain ASAP. Convinces the media he was a success to save his reputation whilst slowly destroyed RM's.

Didn't answer your question, as I don't really care who the better team is. 1000000 threads on the issue anyway. Mourinho is an arrogant c*nt.

Afro
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:22

ynwa wrote:Mourinho to win the league and pussy out of Spain ASAP. Convinces the media he was a success to save his reputation whilst slowly destroyed RM's.

Didn't answer your question, as I don't really care who the better team is. 1000000 threads on the issue anyway. Mourinho is an arrogant c*nt.

Afro

:bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:25

Madrid I guess. La Liga is about which team can be the most consistent throughout the entire competition, not just win some matches.

However if Barcelona win the Champions League, then they are the better team.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 05:52

i think barca winning the cl would throw a wrench into this question, and i'd probably have to pick them, but if the only basis is winning the league, i'd say table standing is most important. bottom dweller teams can occasionally do the double over teams at the top of the table, due to flukes, injuries, or simply better form in two games, but that doesn't make them better. ability to win week in week out is surely most important.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:34

Madrid by a mile. Two matches dont win you the league and cant make you the better side.38 matches does.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:51

It would depend on whether Barcelona had won the Champions League or not. If they failed to do so, then I'd consider Madrid the superior team. I'd sign here and now for a home loss to Juventus if it guaranteed victory in the scudetto race.

If Barcelona won the Champions League then I'd tend to think of them as the better squad, assuming that Madrid didn't simply run away with the league. I view the Champions League as more important than any league title though, so I understand if others disagree with me based on their views of how prestigious each title is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:54

Barca has won alot in the last three years, you can see they have lost the hunger.Its obvious, they perform better against bigger teams ,and look more motivated.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:57

Who cares if you can beat the minnows all day? That just shows that madrid have better squad depth than barca imo. While most people would prefer the league win, it doesn't mean you have a better team.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:08

i kn ew this day was coming

its like Barca fans know the liga is out of reach lol
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:09

Real Mourinho

For NON Madrid/Barca fans only: If Madrid win the league and Barca win both matches against them, which is the better side? 64970705
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:05

Madrid is much better IMO, winning 2 games can be down to many factors could be luck or bad form of Madrid, or good form of Barca, but winning the league means you are simply better over the entire season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:35

Basically the majority conclude that the CL will show which is the better team. Lets see Barca retain the CL, and no more arguments will be left Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:39

madrid, over a season

BUT, if they meet in cl and barcelona dump them out again it will be a pretty awkward situation...

like liverpool - man utd in 08/09, man utd won like two games against other teams in the top 4 but won the league because they didn't drop points against relegation fodder... you can argue forever who was the better team
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next