+3
dostoevsky
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
7 posters

Go down

Defense Empty Defense

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:13 am

We have being linked with tons of attack minded players over the past few weeks but im not hearing much about bringing in some defenders ...

Who should we go for ?

We definitely need a new RB that is a must and a decent CB...

Your thoughts ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Defense Empty Re: Defense

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 am

I was thinking of us maybe going for Kjaer .. I know he's had a rough season at Wolfsburg,but when he was at Palermo he done well ,very well.

Im sure he could do the same with us...Plus he wouldn't cost us to much...

For RB ..I still want us to get Isla but he hasn't being linked to us now for a long time so it's looking very unlikely that he will be coming ..sadly...

We've being linked with Barca b's Montoya - don't know much about him...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:57 am

Isla and Kjaer would be two good buys imo, though as you said it doesn't seem as if Isla will be coming anytime soon. Ansaldi said that he wants to play for Benfica, so that's another full back out of the picture.

Bovo and Rolando are other names that have been thrown around though I don't think there's anything going on there either. We haven't been linked to many Right backs as there aren't many on the market. Maybe Cassani is reachable given Sabatini's past at Palermo, though I have yet to see his name linked to any move to us.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 am

ErPupone wrote:Isla and Kjaer would be two good buys imo, though as you said it doesn't seem as if Isla will be coming anytime soon. Ansaldi said that he wants to play for Benfica, so that's another full back out of the picture.

Bovo and Rolando are other names that have been thrown around though I don't think there's anything going on there either. We haven't been linked to many Right backs as there aren't many on the market. Maybe Cassani is reachable given Sabatini's past at Palermo, though I have yet to see his name linked to any move to us.

Cassani would be great but Zamparini has come out and said that he's worth 40 million so i think it's best that we forget about him .. Razz

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Isla and Kjaer would be two good buys imo, though as you said it doesn't seem as if Isla will be coming anytime soon. Ansaldi said that he wants to play for Benfica, so that's another full back out of the picture.

Cassani would be great but Zamparini has come out and said he's worth 40 million so i think it's best that we forget about him .. Razz

WTF?!?! Did I miss something? When did he say that?

Weren't Juve linked to him for a reasonable price a little while ago?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Cassani would be great but Zamparini has come out and said he's worth 40 million so i think it's best that we forget about him .. Razz

I was just joking bro... :lol!: :lol!:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:21 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Ok but that could have so easily been true :lol!:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Ok but that could have so easily been true :lol!:

I know lol..Thats why i said it .. :lol!:

Anyways lets just say we were to move for Cassani .How much do you think we could get him for ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:27 am

In a normal world, anywhere between 8-12 million should do it. But add in the Zamparini factor and we're looking at anywhere between the 5-50 million region, depends on the day lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 am

I haven't read any reports about him lately, however Bocchetti is eagre to leave Russia and may try and force his way out later in the transfer window, he could be an interesting pick-up. He can play centre-back and left-back, though he lacks a bit of aggression and his marking in the box can be suspect. Could still be a good deal though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Bocchetti would be a verstile option, he could serve as a sub for Riise as well as provide Juan and Burdisso with some competition. I always thought he would have made himself a spot on the national team by now.

Catania's Silvestre is another option which we've been linked to. Today there was a report from ilsussidiario.net that we'd be willing to offer Guillermo Burdisso, after buying him from Rosario Central for around 4 million, and money to get to him.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 am

ErPupone wrote:Bocchetti would be a verstile option, he could serve as a sub for Riise as well as provide Juan and Burdisso with some competition. I always thought he would have made himself a spot on the national team by now.

Catania's Silvestre is another option which we've been linked to. Today there was a report from ilsussidiario.net that we'd be willing to offer Guillermo Burdisso, after buying him from Rosario Central for around 4 million, and money to get to him.

Nice,I'm a big fan of Silvestre ...Lets hope there's some truth in that report...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:13 am

With Pozzo selling the whole team, Isla would be a good buy. And Alex is surplus to requirements at Chelsea, he is a great defender Roma can snap him up. Salvatore Bochetti is unhappy at Russia, getting him would be good for squad rotation, he is versatile like Isla, can play LB and CB. The dream for Roma would be to get Sakho. And I'm throwing out wild card here, Per Mertesacker.

Keep in mind that none of these are reports, just me with some random decent defenders Wink
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 am

Mertasacker's far too slow for my liking...he's indomitable in the air, but with the ball on the ground, he gets found out all too often...plus his marking and tactical awareness is suspect too.

I would still like to see us sign either Vasilis Torosidis or Rolando. Though Bocchetti would probably be the better option considering his situation in Russia, where as everyone else is fairly content to stay put.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 am

Silvestre is a very good defender TBH.I've seen him in some occasions this seasons and he looked very good.For the right back spot, there wont be any signings its seems, there will be a fight between Casseti and Cicinho(if he doesnt leaves), Rosi will be a back up.Howewer if Castellinis isnt purchased its gonna be interesting seeing who will we buy for that left back back up spot.Maybe some youth players will get promoted
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 am

Enrique was interested in bringing over Montoya who is a right back, however I think Barcelona may rate him too highly to let him leave. He's currently playing for Spain in the U-21 World Cup if any of you want to watch him first hand.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Astori is being linked with us today. If he ends up at Cagliari, wed be willing to offer 6-7 million + Greco or Antunes who they are supposedly interested in.

Also, Clichy is being linked with us as a replacement for Riise. Crescenzi will serve as his substitute.

As for Montoya, he said that he's happy at Barca, the team of his dreams, so I think he's out of the question.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Mehdi Benatia of Udinese is the latest CB to be mentioned. Astori's agent has rubbished any talks of him joining us so we're now ready to turn to Benatia, who Udinese rate at 8 million.

A bit too high for me honestly, but he did quite well last season and is still only 24.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:16 pm

ErPupone wrote:Astori is being linked with us today. If he ends up at Cagliari, wed be willing to offer 6-7 million + Greco or Antunes who they are supposedly interested in.

Also, Clichy is being linked with us as a replacement for Riise. Crescenzi will serve as his substitute.

As for Montoya, he said that he's happy at Barca, the team of his dreams, so I think he's out of the question.

I'd think that they'd be going after Greco more than Antunes. They would've had a much better look at Greco seeing as he saw a lot more time than Antunes, who simply doesn't look good enough.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 pm

AS Nancy's Morrocan defender Michael Chretien is being linked with us as a potential RB option.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:39 am

McLewis wrote:AS Nancy's Morrocan defender Michael Chretien is being linked with us as a potential RB option.

Yeah I read that.I dont know nothing about this guy, some LIGUE 1 followers should give us some informations (olpower ... )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Roma consider Insua swoop

Roma have shown an interest in Liverpool and Argentina defender Emiliano Insua, claims his agent.

“We have spoken to the Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini,” Rodrigo Vilarino told calciomercato.com.

“The situation, at the moment, is on stand-by. I don’t know how much he would cost, that all depends on Liverpool.”

The 22-year-old, who was wanted by Fiorentina and Palermo in the past, joined the Premiership side in 2007 from Boca Juniors.

The South American left-back spent last season on loan at Galatasaray before returning to Anfield this summer.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:36 pm

You need better Right back. I don't like Cassetti. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by juv3holic Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Some venezuelan papers are claiming Luis Enrique praised our right back Roberto Rosales even quoting him from Sky Sports.

Venezuelan papers tend to make up stories about our players, if it was up to them we would have players in all big teams but this would be a nice buy for you guys.

Great season at Twente, almost champion on his first season, can play right back quite well but used as right winger at times, great crossing, decent dribble and at 22 years old he can only get better.
juv3holic
juv3holic
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

https://www.facebook.com/juanembadillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: