RealGunner
halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pool vs Spurs - Page 2 Empty Re: Pool vs Spurs

Post by the xcx Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 am

Unfortunately Im neutral here but Im expecting alot of goals on here.

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:10 pm

drakefyre wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Lex wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:COME ON U SPUDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jog it on, Mole, you are suck

Rooting for the 'Pool

Why are you rooting for Liverpool? They are direct Top 4 rivals.

Swallow some pride and let Spurs finish Top 3 but at the same time keep your 4th spot. Smile

Erm , so you saying Chelsea ain't in that picture ?

I was debating from his perspective.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am

There is a massive fight between RAWK and Spurs forum now...but omg this post is absolutely amazing Very Happy

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. *bleep* massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the *bleep* do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How *bleep* stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY *bleep* THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge *bleep* juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO *bleep* MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Nishank wrote:

Always hated united for its extraordinary fan base.

scratch Is that really... hateable?
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Sepi wrote:There is a massive fight between RAWK and Spurs forum now...but omg this post is absolutely amazing Very Happy

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. *bleep* massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the *bleep* do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How *bleep* stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY *bleep* THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge *bleep* juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO *bleep* MUCH!!!

ROFL.

On topic: Hope Spurs hammer Scumpool.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Sepi wrote:There is a massive fight between RAWK and Spurs forum now...but omg this post is absolutely amazing Very Happy

I think that might be the best post i have ever seen. :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:26 pm

It should be illegal to serve that much ownage in a single post.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm

This may not be too popular, but I feel that it needs to be said.

Let me begin with my understanding of the sentiment behind the post which Sepi shared. I believe he is completely correct in the overall statement he is trying to make. Looking at the accomplishments of the clubs, there is no comparison. That anyone needs to defend Liverpool's status as a larger club than Spurs is frankly disappointing. Thanks to Sepi for sharing that, as it is not only hilarious but also correct.

However (here comes the unpopular part), Spurs deserve respect for their current team. Redknapp, while I may not be a personal fan of his, has assembled a very dangerous and rather well balanced team. As evidenced by their current position in the league this season, they added some much needed pieces last summer. They've added a consistently dangerous striker in Adebayor; a strong, ball-winning midfielder in Parker; a pacey, young RB in Walker (he's not really an addition, but still a new development); and most importantly a consistent, quality goalkeeper in Freidel.

Goalkeeper had been a position that had troubled the side, thanks to the inconsistent performances of Cudicini and Gomes. However, since Freidel's arrival they've conceded only 25 goals, landing them with the 5th best defense in the league. That is even more impressive considering that the biggest weakness in the team could arguably be their CBs. They have lacked a consistent solid pairing at CB, with Kaboul being the only consistent name on the teamsheet for them. Gallas, King and Dawson have all been in and out of the squad with injuries. (Of 23 matches, King has 13 appearances; Gallas has 7; Dawson has 4.) With VDV, Bale, Adebayor and Modric, Spurs can score with any team in the league. However, it can be argued that age and injuries have undone their defense and any title challenge they might have been able to (and theoretically still could) muster.

A potential criticism of the squad is that it has not been assembled with a view to sustained success. Note that I did say “assembled.” Look at the three “final” pieces which are allowing them to compete in the top 3 this season. Friedel is 40; Parker is 31; Adebayor is 27. The core of this team is peaking at the moment or on their last few years of good form. Granted, there are several exceptions (Bale, Walker and Lennon being thethree that immediately come to mind). However, looking at Redknapp’s transfer dealings, it becomes obvious that he tends to buy for immediate success. This has worked for them to this point (3rd in the league, 8 pts off the leaders). However, should Redknapp leave for England in the next few years, Spurs could be saddled with a core squad of aging players and a manager that doesn’t know how to deal with them or buy to complement the squad.

For Liverpool fans, Spur’s success can be somewhat of a touchy subject. The reason being that Spurs were building and gaining prominence right as Liverpool was being bled by owners who cared little about success on the pitch and only about stuffing their wallets. (If not for Rafa, Liverpool’s dip could have been far worse.)Couple that with Spurs recent form against Liverpool in direct competition as well as competition for the same league positions (top 4 and Europe), and you can see how these fixtures carry a slightly stronger undertone than even the league table might suggest.

I don’t see Spurs success as the result of a “good run of form” or luck. They deserve what they have gotten this season. Their squad is quality, and (as in any successful season) they have been fortunate in some fixtures and have avoided major injuries to key positions. They deserve their success in the league. That said, they have a long way to go to achieve the prestige and accomplishments of Liverpool FC, and I hope The Reds can put a large dent any league aspiration the Spurs may retain when the two clash on Monday night.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Dutti wrote:
Nishank wrote:

Always hated united for its extraordinary fan base.

scratch Is that really... hateable?

None of them watch football, You would love them?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Redknapp misses Spurs' flight Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Will probably try to weasel his way onto a passing cargo ship
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Liverpool FC @LFC Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#LFC team v Spurs: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Spearing, Kuyt, Gerrard, Adam, Carroll, Bellamy.

Enrique Out Injured, Suarez on the bench hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Spurs: Friedel, Walker, Daws, King, Assou, Parker, Modric, Bale, Kranj, Livermore, Adebayor.

VDV, Kaboul, and Lennon out hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Kranjcar vs Kelly eco smile
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Kranjcar vs Kelly eco smile

Kelly is Right back, so he'll be up against Bale. he's bossed likes of Giggs, Prime Malouda and Cashley, and them before. No Biggie, Spurs are going down :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Bale vs Kelly :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

How long are Kaboul, Lennon and VDV out for Sepi?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

wait isnt Johnson your right back or will he fill in at left back *confused*
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How long are Kaboul, Lennon and VDV out for Sepi?
they are all expect for Kaboul i think expected back for next weeks game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:16 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:wait isnt Johnson your right back or will he fill in at left back *confused*

Enrique has Hammy injury, so Johnson will play LB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 pm

So Dawson will play against Newcastle?

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, we might have a chance after all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:19 pm

wouldnt it be better if he guarded Bale as he is the most experienced out of himself and Kelly.... kelly has also played LB before so it wont be too unfamiliar for him surely
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

a'rry to take a private yet to the game.... tax moneeeeyyy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

kuyt on right wing..Bellamy left.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

King always puts in MOM agst us and then doesnt play any game all season :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Spurs' bench hmm

Cudicini, Bongani, Nelsen, Rose, Luongo, Lancaster, Saha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content