+5
Tomwin Lannister
TrezeGent
lucianomoggi
Cotes
DeviAngel
9 posters

Go down

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus  Empty PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti says Juventus coach Antonio Conte must play Marco Borriello regularly if he is to get the best out of the striker.

The Turin outfit signed the 29-year-old on loan from Roma at the beginning of January, with a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season.

However, Borriello has seen just nine minutes of Serie A football to date, at home to Cagliari on January 15, and Ancelotti is of the opinion that the forward will only find his feet if he is given a run of games in the starting line-up.

"Borriello is a quality player, but to be at his best he needs to play regularly and there is a lot of competition [for places] at Juve,” Ancelotti said.

Turning his attention to the Rossoneri, Ancelotti believes that Massimiliano Allegri has made a shrewd move in picking up Maxi Lopez from Catania.

"Maxi Lopez is a good option for the league," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Milan are paying [for competing on so many fronts] with a lot of injuries.

"They are not the same when playing without [Alexandre] Pato, [Kevin-Prince] Boateng, [Gennaro] Gattuso "

Addressing the increasingly intriguing duel between Juve and Milan for this year’s Scudetto, Ancelotti believes that there is little to choose between the two sides.

"They reflect the personality of their coaches,” he mused. “Conte has instilled determination into Juve, who also have the advantage of the new stadium that has restored enthusiasm to the whole environment.

"Milan are a big club of great experience; they know how to handle crucial moments like this.

“They also have coach [Allegri] who won the title in his first year, as well as quality players.

"Juve have the lead after Milan's loss to Lazio [on Wednesday] but it will be a battle right until the end.”

Juventus currently top the table by a solitary point from Milan but also have a game in hand on the Rossoneri.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus  Empty Re: PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus

Post by Cotes Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

This man speaks the truth!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus  Empty Re: PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti: Borriello needs more game time at Juventus

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I hate our strikers except DEL PIERO others are terrible and useless...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:I hate our strikers except DEL PIERO others are terrible and useless...

You do have a point, even though I don't agree with it completely.

Matri, Vuci and Pepe are extremely wasteful, yet they're working not bad so far. Yes, when we get to Cl we definitely need a couple of WC strikers.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 pm

juvefan4life wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:I hate our strikers except DEL PIERO others are terrible and useless...

Matri, Vuci and Pepe are extremely wasteful, yet they're working not bad so far. Yes, when we get to Cl we definitely need a couple of WC strikers.

Can someone please tell me...
what make a striker world class???
Was Robinho world class?
How about Torres?
Andy Carroll?
ooh...I know...Barrios
Dude...there is no way to tell if a player from a next league or team comes to Juve,they will begin to perform well right away
but whatever floats your boat mate!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm

It's true there's no guarantee but if we spend big on a striker who has performed to a world class standard for a few seasons then it's better than buying the star player from a mid-table team. Well, most of the time.

E.G. Aguero

Rossi when fit

Higuain

etc etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Cotes wrote:
juvefan4life wrote:

Can someone please tell me...
what make a striker world class???
Was Robinho world class?
How about Torres?
Andy Carroll?
ooh...I know...Barrios
Dude...there is no way to tell if a player from a next league or team comes to Juve,they will begin to perform well right away
but whatever floats your boat mate!

What are you trying to say?

Nobody said that they'll perform instantly if they switch the league. That's why scouts are for.

Want me to mention some WC players that rocked foreign leagues?

Shevchenko-Ukraine
Nistelroy-Holland
Trezeguet-France
these are only recently rocking league players.

Don't make me go on mate...only Latin American players would fill a page here.

My definition of a WC player is if he's one of the world's TOP 5-10 in his position.

Even though we're doing wonderfully well, Juventus needs WC players. Our attack is too wasteful. With the chances we create Juventus could score more twice the number of goals we've scored till now.

And, the only Magican attacker we got right now is Vucinic, who doesn't shine too often.

I still haven't got your point though.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Vucinic is BOOM! :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 pm

inderbaby wrote:Vucinic is BOOM! :shisha:

I hope he shows his quality this half of the season as he has been alright, but hasnt shown his magic yet
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 am

Vuci is the best attacker we have and he is played out of position if you notice good and still without him our attack is so dead
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:53 am

Boriello is average.

Matri is good.

Vucinic doesnt even show half of his talent consistently

Pepe - well, the only thing he had going for him is form, and hes lost that now.

Giacc - not a true forward

ADP - Genius but too old and too slow

Quags - top quality but always injured

Im yet to see a fearsome striker amongst them.

We need someone of Ibras level. Cavani level. Gomez level...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

Lynx100 wrote:Boriello is average.

Matri is good.

Vucinic doesnt even show half of his talent consistently

Pepe - well, the only thing he had going for him is form, and hes lost that now.

Giacc - not a true forward

ADP - Genius but too old and too slow

Quags - top quality but always injured

Im yet to see a fearsome striker amongst them.

We need someone of Ibras level. Cavani level. Gomez level...

I completely agree, so long as we make the champions league. Higuain in the summer would be the icing on the cake for me.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:50 am

I think with this squad then for the first time since 08/09 we need to only add 2 wc players in the summer and it should be all set.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah I think so too. a WC midfielder and forward.

And then slowly integrate talented youth in all areas and let them have their moment to prove themselves

GK - Branescu
Defense - Guano, Magnusson
Midfield - Marrone, Appelt, Giandonato, Liviero, Buoy, ?Chibsah
Attack - Immobile, Libertazzi/Padovan, Pasquato

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:01 am

Agreed we need to start integrate thoose young players we have in abundance cause thats where the money on average players could be saved in the future.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 am

BoBo wrote:Agreed we need to start integrate thoose young players we have in abundance cause thats where the money on average players could be saved in the future.

Spot on brother
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 am

In the future, yes. but this year we needed to spend a lot of money, and our club has never hidden that.

People might think paying for Giac or Padoin is a waste, but they are 20 times more reliable then relying on youth this season.

I hope Marrone proves me wrong tho, as his quality is starting to show.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Sure we have been missing players like Esti Giach Pepe and Padoin as debth for a long time players not wc but def trust worthy.

Now we got them and we always have had exeptional talents so lets start adding thoose wc players shall we.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

BoBo wrote:Sure we have been missing players like Esti Giach Pepe and Padoin as debth for a long time players not wc but def trust worthy.

Now we got them and we always have had exeptional talents so lets start adding thoose wc players shall we.

Yes!

one of my famous quotes: A baby needs to learn how to crawl before he can walk, and he must walk before he can run.

We 'learned to crawl' with the whole reformation of our team, and we are walking right now, walking to first place!

Come this summer, LETS RUN BABY. bring on the quality players
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:24 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:

People might think paying for Giac or Padoin is a waste, but they are 20 times more reliable then relying on youth this season.

I completely disagree with that.

Marrones quality was very apparent when he was in the Primavera and when he was in Siena. The only different is, now hes in the spotlight and the 'mainstream' fans are seeing it (thats not a shot at you btw)
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:29 am

Lynx100 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

I completely disagree with that.

Marrones quality was very apparent when he was in the Primavera and when he was in Siena. The only different is, now hes in the spotlight and the 'mainstream' fans are seeing it (thats not a shot at you btw)

I dunno man, I just dont think he was ready, hence the loan. Im not going to claim I followed him at Siena because I didnt, but he was in the Juve squad 2 years ago and did nothing of serious note, and he had only 18 appearances in Siena according to wiki?

The experience isnt there, but if you say his performanecs were that good I would assume he would have played more at Siena, and that Conte would/will start to utilize him.

Do you think Conte is simply shunning him then?

Plus, Padoin is much more versatile, something that is need seeing how often we change formation, and Marrone doesnt fill the same positions that these 2 can.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:36 am

I always have had one eye on Serie A and one eye on the primavera. Marrone was always talented. The best thing that couldve happend to him was that he played under the next-to-be Juve coach (Conte) in Siena.

Padoin has versatility and serie A experience over Marrone.
Marrone has raw talent and the ability for the killer ball that Padoin doesnt have.

Marrone will slowly be integrated into the 1st teammore and more in the next 4-5months, youll see. Im fairly certain that we wont be lucky enough to end the season without some form of injury to MVP.. so thats when the real story will be told.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 am

I am not saying that MATRI, VUCINIC, BORIELLO have nothing special on them, they are great strikers or else they would not manage to play on SERIE A at all, but JUVENTUS is one of the top clubs in the world...

and considering other top clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man United, Man City, Ac Milan, their strikers are all better then ours...

Marotta need to wake up and bring us world class strikers to JUVENTUS..

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 am

lucianomoggi wrote:I am not saying that MATRI, VUCINIC, BORIELLO have nothing special on them, they are great strikers or else they would not manage to play on SERIE A at all, but JUVENTUS is one of the top clubs in the world...

and considering other top clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man United, Man City, Ac Milan, their strikers are all better then ours...

Marotta need to wake up and bring us world class strikers to JUVENTUS..

What are you getting at here?

I ask you to find a striker that wants to come to a team that finished 7th place 2 years in a row and are out of Europe.

If you are talking about next transfer market, then what do you mean wake up? you are judging him before he gets the chance to sign quality players.

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum