JAY-Z
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Siena - AS Roma  Empty Siena - AS Roma

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:55 am

We'll have to be careful in this one,remember last time we played Siena they got a draw and really should have beaten us by 3 or 4 if I'm to be totally honest.But things have changed we are a much better side but we still can't afford to underestimate them.They'll look to hit us the counter...

Not till Monday this game. Sad

----------------------------------Stekelenburg-------------------------------------
--------------------------Juan-------------------Heinze----------------------------
------------------------------------De Rossi----------------------------------------
Taddei------------------------------------------------------------------------Angel
----------------------------Gago-----------------Pjanic----------------------------
--------------------------------------Totti-----------------------------------------
---------Borini-----------------------------------------------------------Lamela----
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Siena - AS Roma  Empty Re: Siena - AS Roma

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:11 am

Monday? F***!!!! Definitely won't be able to watch it live. Here goes another attempt at avoiding all football-related contacts until I get home late at night.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:03 am

Tough game in hand, I hope for a minimal win, 0-1 kill the game type Very Happy. I agree with fonz's formation, im eager to see Osvaldo back in action.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Siena beat Napoli 2-1 in the first leg of the Coppa Italia today.We will need to bring our A-game if we're to get the 3 points on Monday.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:15 am

Extremely tricky match, this one will be.

Siena have been fairly decent at home this season and have claimed some surprising scalps.

They'll play us exactly like they did last time and since we haven't really improved defensively overall since that game, we could expect to ship a goal or two.

What will be important is that we break down their stubborn backline. Possession will not be enough against a side like this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:27 am

Formation problems heading into this one. De Rossi is suspended after for accumulative yellow cards, so he won't feature for sure. Gago picked up a knock against Catania so he is in doubt for the match against Siena, though the latest reports say he'll probably recover in time. Viviani got hurt in training and is most likely to be out as well. That would leave us with no natural deep lying playmaker. Greco is most likely to improvise that role in my opinion since he's done it before (he switched with Viviani in our first match against Juventus, doing a decent job). Simplicio and Pjanic would complete our midfield, unless Enrique decides to opt for Perrotta. His other options, though he will probably not favor these moves, would be to place either Lamela or Angel in midfield, which he has also done before.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 am

I can barely swallow Pjanic being in midfield let alone Lamela lol

Neither of them are made for the CM position. He's better off sticking Perrotta there....even if he doesn't have the legs anymore.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:44 am

Meanwhile Totti said in training yesterday that he's not going to Siena because of the cold weather lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm

ErPupone wrote:Meanwhile Totti said in training yesterday that he's not going to Siena because of the cold weather lol.

Siena - AS Roma  HKtSq
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 pm

I can't see us getting 3 points from this fixture with no DDR or Gago.Viviani is good but he's very inexperienced at this level, remember him against Juve we got slaughtered in midfield only looked solid once Perrotta came on ,so thats why I hope to see him in there instead,much safer option.

-----------------------------------------Stekelenburg--------------------------------------
----------------------------Juan--------------------------Heinze----------------------------
------------------------------------------Greco-----------------------------------------------
--Rosi---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Taddei
-----------------------------Pjanic-------------------Perrotta------------------------------
------------------------------------------Totti------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Lamela----------------------------Borini----------------------------

We'll be lucky if we can get a draw..

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:56 pm

they should go easy on us because we're their parent club. the better results we get, the better players we can afford, and we can give better garbage players to siena
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Stats [Roma & Siena head to head]

~ AS Roma record Vs Siena: 17 matches [11W, 2D,4L] | Goals: 29-13 [+16]
~ AS Roma Away record vs Siena: 8 matches [5W, 1D, 2L] | Goals: 6-12 [+6]
~ Biggest Away win for AS Roma Vs Siena: 0-4 in 2004/05.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:16 pm

FORZA ROMA!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Stekelenburg; Rosi, Heinze, Juan, Jose Angel, Simplicio, Viviani, Pjanic, Lamela, Totti, Borini

Subs. Curci, Kjaer, Taddei, Perrotta, Greek, Osvaldo, Bojan

DAJE Roma
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

OMG...Kjaer is awful!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Kjaer can *bleep* off back to the Bundesliga,piece of fkn shit ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 pm

What an awful game. Why did i bother to watch.. all roma players look tired and unmotivated - did they drank the whole weekend ffs?

Defencse was horrible. Midfield was a mess - all players made blatant passing errors. Viviani should play in serie b and learn how to control the game.. not piss me off here. Simplicio didnt do absolutely nothing.

And then, taking off Totti.. we all know that Borini was the worst attacker at that point. Idiotic. Really lost intrest in the game after that sub. No player on the field really made me wanna watch.. no real romans out there.

This is posted on 65th minute - if osvaldo scores - then hes just a big turd. Not a class striker. Roma only have two world class players - De Rossi and totti. Everybody else are wannabes or "young players who will conqure the world.." Thats our problem - unwillingness to spend on quality players. Carlos Tevez would have destroyed that crappy Siena defense.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Same old story it appears. We dominated possession (something like 73% at one point), but created little no chances until the very end.

As I've said before, it's a proven fact that when a team parks the bus and counter-attacks effectively, possession football just won't work. That's what we saw today. Sannino executed his plan to perfection.

I'm not at all surprised by the result though. Siena has given just about everyone a hard time at home this season. They've beaten us, Lazio, and Napoli thus far. They've even tied Juventus. This is a very good team on their own patch so we shouldn't take anything away from them in that regard.

We have yet to successfuly break down a stubborn defense this season though....every team that we've beaten convincingly has played an open match against us. Every team that we've lost to has play some form of the counter-attacking strategy. Anyone see a pattern here?

I'm loathe to make such a comparison, but Barcelona had this same problem with Inter and Rubin Kazan. Both teams were great defensively and were effective on the counter whereas sides like Man United tried to play them outright, strenght to strength and got swept away.

This is how it's gonna be for us in our new style of football, fellas. Get used to it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 am

flameas wrote:What an awful game. Why did i bother to watch.. all roma players look tired and unmotivated - did they drank the whole weekend ffs?

Defencse was horrible. Midfield was a mess - all players made blatant passing errors. Viviani should play in serie b and learn how to control the game.. not piss me off here. Simplicio didnt do absolutely nothing.

And then, taking off Totti.. we all know that Borini was the worst attacker at that point. Idiotic. Really lost intrest in the game after that sub. No player on the field really made me wanna watch.. no real romans out there.

This is posted on 65th minute - if osvaldo scores - then hes just a big turd. Not a class striker. Roma only have two world class players - De Rossi and totti. Everybody else are wannabes or "young players who will conqure the world.." Thats our problem - unwillingness to spend on quality players. Carlos Tevez would have destroyed that crappy Siena defense.

back to knee-jerking aren't we?

*bleep* Tevez, I'd rather call Delvecchio out of retirement than get that selfish prick.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 am

knee-jerking? whats that Very Happy

anyway, this game showed how much we rely on DDR. He would have hold the defense together. Now it was exposed even in first half, when Kjaer wasnt playing. Siena should have scored 3.
More worrying thing is that we didnt create any chances what so ever..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Im really dissapointed, i thought we had an rhythm but this is irritating.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Complacent display, woeful going forward and we just cant keep a cleansheet.

We should gone for a central defender last month but we didnt and we might have to pay the price. Kjaer, just isint cut out for this level.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:23 pm

flameas wrote:knee-jerking? whats that Very Happy

anyway, this game showed how much we rely on DDR. He would have hold the defense together. Now it was exposed even in first half, when Kjaer wasnt playing. Siena should have scored 3.
More worrying thing is that we didnt create any chances what so ever..

Knee-jerk reaction... you're quick to turn on everyone when a result doesn't go our way. I'm referring mostly to your last paragraph in that post. I'll repeat once again, we have to expect these occasional stumbles. No point in complaining that we didn't buy world class player; we're willing to accept these difficult moments in exchange for long run success.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 am

Luis Enrique wins Sannino praise
By Football Italia staff

Roma will be a major threat in Serie A next season, says Siena boss Giuseppe Sannino.

The Tuscans beat the Giallorossi 1-0 on Monday night, but the former Varese tactician has faith in the potential of the capital outfit.

“If you want to see great football then you have to watch Milan, Juventus and Roma,” Sannino told Radio Mana Mana.

“Next year you will see Luis Enrique’s Roma fighting for the big prizes…”

The Spanish tactician arrived in the summer after a spell in charge of the Barcelona B side, but he has his critics given Roma’s inconsistent displays and results.

“People still don’t understand what new things Luis Enrique has brought to the Italian game, but you will do in the future,” Sannino added.

“I instantly saw it, from the very first game of the season. He’s brought in total football, with players who interpret different roles.

“It’s a pleasure and a stimulating experience to take on Luis Enrique. He’s a guy who respects his colleagues and journalists, a man who follows his own path.

“Roma have done well to support him and I’m sure that they will be repaid for their faith in him. Just watch what happens next season.”
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 am

I like Sannino as a manager,he has done a fantastic job at Siena so far this season has them playing a quick counter attacking style of football also I love his passion for the game sometimes when I watch Siena matches I think he's nearly ready to run on the pitch he gets so caught up in the game lol...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next