Forza
Seth
rwo power
C.Marchisio #8
Tomwin Lannister
BarcaLearning
10 posters

Go down

Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history Empty Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi, been reading and learning a bit from here and wiki etc about Serie A Razz I didnt really watch it consistency but still know somethings about it... anyway, to make it simple I wanna list a few points I thought interesting, have questions about, where I might be wrong, and just to see what everyone's opinions are on them:

1. To my surprise, Juve since the mid 80s, have been consistently around the top basically every season, they have came second so many damn times I was shocked! Lol! They certainly have come second more than first during this period. And I know they won the league most times in history. I used to always thought Milan and Inter is the two biggest clubs there. So I have more respect for them now. I used to not like them becos they always seem to play a style less of attractiveness and flair...more on aggressiveness and physicality. They also lose in recent history CL finals a few times...but credit to them they still fight for it all the time.

And what do ppl think about their upcoming future? They look to be back at it finally this season after so many years being out of it. Why do u think it took so long for them to finally challenge now since they won back promoting straight away? Just how popular and rich is Juve? Compared with the others especially Milan and Inter?

2. The Calciopoli punished Juve most severely by far, while the other clubs relatively minor and reduced. Milan even won the CL despite initially not able to enter the competition as a result of the punishment. Inter were not even punished despite many claims they too were involved. I just know that the whole affair were clubs trying to bribe or hand pick referees in order to help their chances in some games for the 2004-2006 seasons? And a lot of clubs were fined including Inter, but no punishment for them. Why? After 5 years now, whats the developments and conclusions ppl have about this? How much did Juve's actions really add to their results u think? Milan actually own the title in that year so I have no idea, did they help them win the titles the previous years?

3. Finally really learnt why Sven is/was so highly regarded, taking Lazio into 3 seasons of top performance. Roma won it for a year under Capello who actually managed them for many years, but failed mostly after that title. Speaking of Capello he has been hugely successful with Milan and Juve as well, it seems he wins whereever he goes.

Apart from the 5 clubs I mentioned, I am guessing Napoli is the next big club, which other clubs are rich/popular/powerful in Serie A consistently?

And Perugia, how did they get promoted, but bankrupt so quickly?

4. Some players I remember or came across, Abel Balbo, Signori, seems to have scored tons of goals and consistently for a long time, but I dont hear their names mentioned at all when we talk about Serie A legends?

Is Totti really that good? Opinions tend to be vastly different, polar ends. What about Del Piero? And Im unfamiliar about the teams prior to Juve 1997 or so. I know about Milan's defense, but who were the play makers in the mid 90s Milan and attackers, as well as Juve?

I know I wrote a lot, just have a lot on my minds, hoping for some good inputs, thanks! Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history Empty Re: Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Can I get some feedbacks pls? Maybe Juve or Serie A fans? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history Empty Re: Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 pm

You should re-post it in the Juve section bro you should get a few responses there.

Nobody really knows all the details about Calciopoli and to this day there is still legal proceedings.

And yeah Juventus used to be famous for playing typical defensive football. Not fun to watch for the neutral but it worked very well.

Totti and Del Piero are both legends in Italian football and even more so to Roma/Juventus. Watching them now doesn't do them justice but they were both fantastic in their prime.

Del Piero has been absolutely fantastic throughout his career.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Can I get some feedbacks pls? Maybe Juve or Serie A fans? Razz
Juventus is far more famous that you know.They have rich history and great players through the time but after Farsopolo(calcopoli) they were ruined and now after years of struggling they are back on the right track and hopefully they will win something this year and with reputation back they will attract some WC players bacause that Juve needs most Smile
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Gigi stayed with Juve even through Serie B. Legend. 'nuff said.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:08 am

Balbo and Signori are legends by their own.

Too bad they played for Parma/Fio/Roma and Bologna (respectively) and to a foreign non-serie A fans, they are not exactly a name that you'll hear most of the time.

Especially for Balbo though, seeing that on his prime there're plenty more household name for him to compete with. The likes of Bati, Totti, ADP, Buffon, Thuram, Zidane, Sheva sort of dwarfed his achievement.

As for Perugia, I think it's just the case where the owners made plenty of bizarre decision and interfered too much with the transfer activity. At one point they actually had Gaddhafi's son playing for them.

Then if any, I think not even De Laurentis/Zamparini came even close to the eccentricity of Gaucci... He actually fired his player for scoring a winning goal against Italy in WC 2002!

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 am

Juventus has more supporters than Inter and Milan in Italy, not sure if they have more worldwide support than the Milanese clubs though. They have won far more domestic titles, but are equal with Inter in European success and well behind Milan there.

The rich/powerful list at the moment in Serie A is:

Top: Milan, Inter, Juve
Second tier: Roma (only club with an outright foreign owner), Napoli
Third tier: Lazio, Udinese (seem like a big club, but are actually just a very well managed medium size club)
Fourth tier: Palermo, Genoa, Fiorentina
Then everybody else.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 am

rwo power wrote:Gigi stayed with Juve even through Serie B. Legend. 'nuff said.

Well if I was getting the money that he is i'd be more than happy to stay as well. Razz
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:31 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:
rwo power wrote:Gigi stayed with Juve even through Serie B. Legend. 'nuff said.
Well if I was getting the money that he is i'd be more than happy to stay as well. Razz
From what I read many of the other players did jump ship, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks a lot for that guys, much experts in this forum Thumbs up Great info!

Lol @ Perugia owner....just read he served 3 years prison after escaping to another country. And the player he "Fired" was the Korean who knocked Italy out who subsequently rejected moving to the club Razz

Im not sure why Juve seem to have more support and is successful more domestically than internationally which seems to be the case. They just dont seem to be as publicly impressive, eg. their owner is probably less open than the 2 Milan clubs? How have they recovered financially since the relegation? I imagine with the new staidum and players and all must be well and truly back Smile

Genoa have become a strong club since they got to the top flight then....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Why they are better at home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBGR4VjE99Q
20 sec later he gives Juve fake penalty.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/20/1219168/ex-referee-piero-ceccarini-i-made-a-mistake-in-juventus--inter

There you go, this is how titles are won, with that penalty Inter wins the title.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 pm

CroInter wrote:Why they are better at home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBGR4VjE99Q
20 sec later he gives Juve fake penalty.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/20/1219168/ex-referee-piero-ceccarini-i-made-a-mistake-in-juventus--inter

There you go, this is how titles are won, with that penalty Inter wins the title.
Juve, the Calciopoli, and some Serie A history Head-desk-1

Really, you want me to go search every one of refereeing mistakes that helped Inter? Trolling in every Juve thread.. /sigh

The only reason I didn't post earlier in this thread because it would bring up heated arguments and trolling as ever.. But you successfully started even without that.

PS: Titles are won on the PITCH not in the COURTS.

"Inter need a new Calciopoli to win again" - Moggi

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 am

I wanted to bump this to see if anyone has missed it with more to add, cheers
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 am

Not anything to add specially, you're learning fast though. Keep up the good work.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:57 am

I'm a bit sick of seeing trolls in every Juve thread. Disgusting and stupid.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down