The Rage thread Pt 2(AKA lets go for CL and Copa and forget about liga thread)

+22
Die Borussen
jibers
BarcaKizz
free_cat
Deathrow898
Hamdyman
messixaviesta
kiranr
The Lizard King
alexjanosik
billionmillion
BarcaLearning
FennecFox7
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
the xcx
guest7
harhar11
The Franchise
eelir
bazinga
shinigami99
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rage thread Pt 2(AKA lets go for CL and Copa and forget about liga thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rage thread Pt 2(AKA lets go for CL and Copa and forget about liga thread)

Post by The Lizard King Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 am

Shit happens. This is a pretty serious hole we're in. But there's still plenty of time left though, so on the bright side..if we're gna fall over on our face, the sooner the better. Just like a football game. If the oppositions gna score, I'd rather them score early. All the more time for us to recover and get our shit together.

Last season, Chelsea made it back from a 15 pt deficit..and despite Madrid being the best away side in the league, I don't see this league getting any easier. That fking game against Bilbao, Madrid should've been down 1-3 at halftime but Bilbao didn't convert their chances.

So if anything, pts in the 2nd half of the season are gna be harder to come by than the 1st. Especially with the likes Atletico , Valencia, and Espanyol all coming strong. Heck, even Betis just beat Bilbao and Villareal, under new management, ran us fairly ragged.

Still a two-horse race, but at least we're not racing alongside dobermans anymore.

So I haven't given up yet..I just wish we could play all our away games at the Santiago Bernabeu Very Happy

The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Rage thread Pt 2(AKA lets go for CL and Copa and forget about liga thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rage thread Pt 2(AKA lets go for CL and Copa and forget about liga thread)

Post by kiranr Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:38 am

The Franchise wrote:The team just isnt as motivated as it was before, I feel harsh blaming them for that either to be honest.

The league is such a test of the mind, especially La Liga. Because its not about quality and how much of it you can muster, its about putting your hard hat on and going on the grind every day and having the stomach for it.

We just dont have that quite like he did before. Its okay, I cant be that angry, of course im dissapointed but they have given us so much what can I say?

I hope the hunger for CL glory two years in a row remains, thats something for us to do which can transend our status. Winning the league in a row wont improve our all time status (as much I still want it) but back to back CL's will do that.

I had hoped that Mourinho and his mouth would motivate us enough to take this title again, but I guess all that was used up last year and is only rekindled when we play them again (which I guess is why we turn it on so much against them).

Not much of a rage post, my anger has already left me to be honest.

I totally agree with this post. I can't be angry with the situation considering how good the past 3 years have been. Even now, they play excellent football. As a fan, i only want to enjoy the spectacle they put on every week. Winning, for me, is a bonus and i have been given some pretty fat bonuses by the team for the past few years.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:00 am

Concertrading to Real Madrid or Mourinhos big mouth, is exactly why you barcelona plays so badly in league this season. You focus on one thing but forget about others. Getafe and Osasuna are good examples. From know on, yo guys shouldnt hope Real Madrid to drop points, just focus on other league games and take them one by one.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am

The xcx wrote:Concertrading to Real Madrid or Mourinhos big mouth, is exactly why you barcelona plays so badly in league this season. You focus on one thing but forget about others. Getafe and Osasuna are good examples. From know on, yo guys shouldnt hope Real Madrid to drop points, just focus on other league games and take them one by one.

Just like in the other thread, you dont know what your talking about.

Mourinho has been a motivation for us, his talk only helps us want to put him in his place by beating him. Last season was exactly that.

Alex, I sort of understand what your getting at but I dont agree Messi was good yesturday. I do agree though, goals do not equal performance with him, not at all.

He created 2 chances I give that, but his all around play wasnt good enough and he wasnt involved enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The xcx wrote:Concertrading to Real Madrid or Mourinhos big mouth, is exactly why you barcelona plays so badly in league this season. You focus on one thing but forget about others. Getafe and Osasuna are good examples. From know on, yo guys shouldnt hope Real Madrid to drop points, just focus on other league games and take them one by one.

Mourinho has been a motivation for us, his talk only helps us want to put him in his place by beating him. Last season was exactly that.

Alex, I sort of understand what your getting at but I dont agree Messi was good yesturday. I do agree though, goals do not equal performance with him, not at all.

He created 2 chances I give that, but his all around play wasnt good enough and he wasnt involved enough.
Exactly what Im talking about and the reason why barcelona is suffering. Barcelona taking their rivals more seriously than your own team forgetting what have they achieved in the past and the development of the squad.
Tbf I know exactly what Im talking about, I know you warned me because we had different views of opinion.

Last edited by The xcx on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
eelir wrote:Clearly xcx is thinking using RM philosophy, if something is not going right, splash some cash.

At least the players we bought weren't flops bar kaka..
JS.

On another note, the best player today was thaigo imo

Sahin....Coentrao? Altintop?

Oh cmon, you dont need to watch Real Madrid regularly to realise that the names you inlisted arent flops. Sahin is suffering, Coentrao is getting decent amount of minutes and Altintop was brought for a purpose as a backup.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I get the feeling that he gets measured against a different standard from the rest of the team.
He has set such impossibly high standards that any time he fails to live upto his standards we say that he had a poor game.
Yesterday the only fault I could pick was that he didnt dribble much.But then our midfield was atrocious and he rarely got the ball in a proper area to dribble.
Plus the pitch was very dangerous and seeing it,I was actually hoping that he wouldnt try to take them on himself as the chance to injure himself on such a frozen pitch is high.
he didnt lose any balls and barely had any sights on goal.
honest question:If that was any other player but Messi,how would you have rated the performance?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:The team just isnt as motivated as it was before, I feel harsh blaming them for that either to be honest.

The league is such a test of the mind, especially La Liga. Because its not about quality and how much of it you can muster, its about putting your hard hat on and going on the grind every day and having the stomach for it.

We just dont have that quite like he did before. Its okay, I cant be that angry, of course im dissapointed but they have given us so much what can I say?

I hope the hunger for CL glory two years in a row remains, thats something for us to do which can transend our status. Winning the league in a row wont improve our all time status (as much I still want it) but back to back CL's will do that.

I had hoped that Mourinho and his mouth would motivate us enough to take this title again, but I guess all that was used up last year and is only rekindled when we play them again (which I guess is why we turn it on so much against them).

Very apt comments. I do think that there won't be a lack of motivation in the UCL. With the league lost some amount of fire will come back. Secondly considering that there are three clubs that have more UCLs than us players know nothing is more important than that. That does not mean I am saying we will win UCL. We have quite a few things to overcome not least the jinx of no one having retained the title since 1991.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Xavi has a slightly injury and is 32, Iniesta has been injured and Cesc has been playing crap and should of took a break 4 games ago.

Pep isnt resting players because he has given up lol

Look how he reacted to the goals that Osasuna scored.

dani, I didn't know Xavi had an injury. Even then resting the entire midfield is too risky. Resting one forward, one midfielder and one defender would have made better sense. After all Messi notwithstanding what is the present Barcelona without the magnificent midfield?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 pm

The xcx wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Exactly what Im talking about and the reason why barcelona is suffering. Barcelona taking their rivals more seriously than your own team forgetting what have they achieved in the past and the development of the squad.
Tbf I know exactly what Im talking about, I know you warned me because we had different views of opinion.

No, I warned you for trolling. Again, you dont know what your talking about because nothing you say makes sense to anyone I would imagine.

The reason we arent winning has nothing to do with forgetting about past achivements nor the squad being developed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 pm

The xcx wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
eelir wrote:Clearly xcx is thinking using RM philosophy, if something is not going right, splash some cash.

At least the players we bought weren't flops bar kaka..
JS.

On another note, the best player today was thaigo imo

Sahin....Coentrao? Altintop?

Oh cmon, you dont need to watch Real Madrid regularly to realise that the names you inlisted arent flops. Sahin is suffering, Coentrao is getting decent amount of minutes and Altintop was brought for a purpose as a backup.

I got news for you, Coentrao will never be worth 30m.

Sahin is suffering, thats nice but he has had 0 impact on this season.

As of right now, they are both much closer to flop than success.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I get the feeling that he gets measured against a different standard from the rest of the team.
He has set such impossibly high standards that any time he fails to live upto his standards we say that he had a poor game.
Yesterday the only fault I could pick was that he didnt dribble much.But then our midfield was atrocious and he rarely got the ball in a proper area to dribble.
Plus the pitch was very dangerous and seeing it,I was actually hoping that he wouldnt try to take them on himself as the chance to injure himself on such a frozen pitch is high.
he didnt lose any balls and barely had any sights on goal.
honest question:If that was any other player but Messi,how would you have rated the performance?

Yeah, that is true about his standard. But I still felt he didnt play well. I think there are circumstances which tell us why (like the ones you mentioned) but if I were to rate his performance, it would have to be not good enough.

If it wasnt Messi, it would have been decent but nothing to write home about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

Very apt comments. I do think that there won't be a lack of motivation in the UCL. With the league lost some amount of fire will come back. Secondly considering that there are three clubs that have more UCLs than us players know nothing is more important than that. That does not mean I am saying we will win UCL. We have quite a few things to overcome not least the jinx of no one having retained the title since 1991.

Understood, thats one way to look at it. Another might be, the league form may have shaken the players to the soles of their feet and they may even starting questioning is this the end of the line. If they lose the self belief, even a little, our chances in the CL decrease. I hope that it angers them and motivates them, but I really cant be sure it does.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:23 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Xavi has a slightly injury and is 32, Iniesta has been injured and Cesc has been playing crap and should of took a break 4 games ago.

Pep isnt resting players because he has given up lol

Look how he reacted to the goals that Osasuna scored.

dani, I didn't know Xavi had an injury. Even then resting the entire midfield is too risky. Resting one forward, one midfielder and one defender would have made better sense. After all Messi notwithstanding what is the present Barcelona without the magnificent midfield?

Well, I think if Pep felt he could use him he would have, that was more my point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm

The xcx wrote:Btw how did the 40M winger Alexis Sanchez do against Osasuna?

Obvious troll is obvious. Come on. We've warned you to stop trolling repeated times. If you can't, then leave, but since you're on 25% you can't keep posting this kind of sh*t.

Alexis is still carrying an injury.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Are you retarded or what? Our complete team sucked big time and Alexis was one of the better people on the field. He got a goal disallowed and called offside in 1 on 1 wrongly.

Why do you keep trying to prove your stupidity?

Can someone ban this troll for life out of our section?

Last edited by eelir on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm

The team looked like there was an air of "we already lost La Liga and are focused on the other cups" Miss-pass mayhem.. and that was just one of the 28 mentionable negatives. but..

I'm certain many here already said this and others would agree, Priority 1 - UCL, were still deep in it with a decent chance, Barca has a good showing versus bigger teams this season, and Champions league teams keep matches more open (apart from zero football murder "mou's Inter") i doubt many will park it at the back as La Liga we are getting used to seeing, yes it works so i cant really blame them !! :facepalm:

Anyhow i find that this is only a natural cycle after a near perfect season, any club in the world has the same tendency for its players to loose some MOTIVATION, then they come back hungry again, and basically Madrid has reached its peak in HUNGER (aswell as having a better squad and on form players ofc), if Football clubs were animals Madrid would be a lost Dingo looking for any type of retribution for its fans and themselves, it should be pretty hard to see them stumble and give us a life line... but Fingers crossed anyways. Twisted Evil

IF they nail this La Liga then Hats off, move on !!

This period will surly act as a filter and remove some of the Band-wagoners to be honest, all the better!

But the rest will keep supporting till the end ! its like an oath some for Marriage "In sickness and in health" ! Visca Barca !

Last edited by Hamdyman on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

xcx is always classless doesn't matter if Madrid are on top or bottom. BTW Levante :bow:

I still expect madrid to win though Sad
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I personally don't think that this is the end of the cycle. The players are both tired and unmotivated. A season without winning la liga would be enough to get them kickstarted for next season, especially those underperforming (pique, pedro etc.).

I think our away form has destroyed us this year and Madrid's consistency against the smaller teams both home and away was superior. This is understandable since they haven't won anything much in the past 3 years(a lot of hunger/motivation) and their squad depth is great to say the least.

However, I feel that our first team rested would annihilate their first team rested.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Not the end of a cycle, players lack motivation, losing a title will only make us hungrier for the next year, and all the more unbeatable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 am

I only hope Pep stays.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious. Come on. We've warned you to stop trolling repeated times. If you can't, then leave, but since you're on 25% you can't keep posting this kind of sh*t.

He is not really trolling. Alexis cost 26+11 milion and can't drible his grandma on a babywalker and is being outshadowed by Cuenca and Tello. Quite a ripoff to be honest.

Ps. I'm not blaming Alexis, he was ok and much better than Pique, Puyol, Mascherano (when playing DM) or Messi, I'm talking generally.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 am

... And yet Alexis could end this season with 20 goals if he keeps going the way he is... a marvellous return in a first year.

I don't buy this idea you have that we didn't get what we payed for (a dribbler). That was just what we were saying on the forum. How do we know thats what Pep was looking for? Considering he's clearly been ordered to dribble minimally, I don't think Pep bought him for this reason.

I'm happy with him. No reason to hate on him because he doesn't dribble...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 am

A player that fights and scores tap ins doesn't cost 26+11.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:38 am

LoL OK. I understand I won't ever be able to convince you of his worth. We'll have to wait, he's a good player. I'm sure you'll warm to him. Villa cost us quite a bit too... remember?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 am

billionmillion wrote:i didnt see...then why you put this girl on your avatar? tongue china people are very good people

Yep, as answered... and well thank u Razz

kiranr wrote:

I totally agree with this post. I can't be angry with the situation considering how good the past 3 years have been. Even now, they play excellent football. As a fan, i only want to enjoy the spectacle they put on every week. Winning, for me, is a bonus and i have been given some pretty fat bonuses by the team for the past few years.

Yep, good point again, we have been lucky to witness so many victories, we cant win everything and so just enjoy as things come, we will still win a lot Smile

The xcx wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

xcx has it just all in his head.... the reason has nothnig to do with focus on whatever, its just pure fact that Madrid have gathered so many points and improved, while we have dipped in comparison... and not as a result of petty things like mOurinho clown shows and comments...

Hamdyman wrote:The team looked like there was an air of "we already lost La Liga and are focused on the other cups" Miss-pass mayhem.. and that was just one of the 28 mentionable negatives. but..

I'm certain many here already said this and others would agree, Priority 1 - UCL, were still deep in it with a decent chance, Barca has a good showing versus bigger teams this season, and Champions league teams keep matches more open (apart from zero football murder "mou's Inter") i doubt many will park it at the back as La Liga we are getting used to seeing, yes it works so i cant really blame them !! :facepalm:

Anyhow i find that this is only a natural cycle after a near perfect season, any club in the world has the same tendency for its players to loose some MOTIVATION, then they come back hungry again, and basically Madrid has reached its peak in HUNGER (aswell as having a better squad and on form players ofc), if Football clubs were animals Madrid would be a lost Dingo looking for any type of retribution for its fans and themselves, it should be pretty hard to see them stumble and give us a life line... but Fingers crossed anyways. Twisted Evil

IF they nail this La Liga then Hats off, move on !!

This period will surly act as a filter and remove some of the Band-wagoners to be honest, all the better!

But the rest will keep supporting till the end ! its like an oath some for Marriage "In sickness and in health" ! Visca Barca !

Good point about removing some bangwagoners.... although I think most Barca fans are true fnas, u r also right.

free_cat wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He is not really trolling. Alexis cost 26+11 milion and can't drible his grandma on a babywalker and is being outshadowed by Cuenca and Tello. Quite a ripoff to be honest.

Ps. I'm not blaming Alexis, he was ok and much better than Pique, Puyol, Mascherano (when playing DM) or Messi, I'm talking generally.

free thats too much bias towards the youngsters! Laughing Alexis has been one of our top performaners for a while now...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next