Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report

+10
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
C.Marchisio #8
Adit
Lynx100
S
Cotes
Lord Hades
cale1991
DeviAngel
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report Empty Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Juventus reportedly intend to make a real splash during the summer transfer window, with Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Nani all said to be on the Bianconeri's wanted list.

After successive seventh-placed finishes, Antonio Conte's men are currently second in Serie A, two points behind leaders AC Milan with two games in hand, and, according to Tuttosport, the club are keen to underline their re-emergence as a major force in the Italian game by making a high-profile signing.

Higuain has been repeatedly linked with a move to Turin but it is claimed that Chelsea are also set to rival Juve for the Real Madrid striker's services, while the Argentine's agent claimed earlier this month that his client will not leave the Santiago Bernabeu until los Blancos win the Champions League.

Meanwhile, Higuain's compatriot Lavezzi was tipped to join Inter during the January transfer window but Conte is now apparently hopeful of bringing the Napoli star to Juventus Stadium given the player's proven suitability to a 4-3-3 system.

The same goes for Nani, the Manchester United winger who remains a particular favourite of Bianconeri general director Giuseppe Marotta.

The Portugal international remains a key figure at Old Trafford, though, and Juve would be forced to pay in excess of €25 million to land the 25-year-old.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report Empty Re: Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report

Post by cale1991 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:49 pm

i think that this might even be possible if we qualify for the UCL and that we'll surely get at least two of those players.

And i'd prefer Pipita and Nani...Lavezzi would be a great signing aswell but highly unlikely that Napoli would let him go to a rival in the same league, the only way i see him going is if Napoli fail to qualify for Europe and they even said that if they don't qualify for the UCL that they'll sell one or more of their top 3 players, which means Hamšik, Cavani and Lavezzi will be on the transfer list in the summer very likely.

Considering the finances, we'll be in a strong financial position as we'll save up to 15 mil € on salaries from the players which departed in January, plus all our debts were cleared, the new stadium is regularly filled, the massive bonus which UCL football brings (tickets and participation bonuses and points received bonuses), and we'll most likely have again a transfer kitty of 50-70 million € to spend like almost every summer.

Plus we should consider the player sales which look imminent like for example Krasić who could generate anything from 10-20 mil € (depending on which clubs want him) and we'll most likely get rid of Elia who could generate around 7-8 mil €.

So to do the math:

Income:

50-70 mil € summer transfer kitty
10-20 mil € from the sale of Krasić
7-8 mil € from the sale of Elia
~15 mil € from the savings in wages from the January departures
=82-113 mil €

Outgoings

9 mil € for the transfer of M. Caceres
2,5 mil € second installment for Pepe
6 mil € second installment for Matri
1,5 mil € second installment for M.Motta
5 mil € second installment for Krasic
=24 mil € outgoings

Sum=

82-24=58 mil € the minimal scenario
113-24=89mil € the best possible scenario

Possible values of those transfers:

Pipita 20-25 mil € probably payable on 3 installments
Nani 25 mil € probably payable on 3 installments
Lavezzi 20-30 will probably depend on Napoli's season, again 3 installments

Wages:

Pipita 5-7 mil €
Nani 6-8 mil €
Lavezzi 3-5 mil €

To summarize:

20+5+25+6+20+3=79 mil € in the best possible way
25+7+25+8+30+5=100 mil € in the worst possible way

So, that's why i think that at least two out of three of these players should be considered as primary targets, strictly from our financial point of view.
cale1991
cale1991
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report Empty Re: Higuain, Lavezzi and Nani on Juventus hit-list as they look for big summer swoop - report

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

higuain wont happen
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 am

Lord Hades wrote:higuain wont happen
I really hope so too...
real waste of money
We should go for Cavani
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 am

F*ck Higuain Get Jovetic !!! Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by cale1991 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 am

Cotes wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:higuain wont happen
I really hope so too...
real waste of money
We should go for Cavani

how can you say that Cavani is better than Higuain?

Also from the financial point of view Napoli will/would ask for at least 30 million € for him and his biggest achievement was just playing in the UCL? While Higuain on the other hand would come relatively cheap for a player of his quality and and he's a year younger than Cavani and has already 6 pro seasons (148 app's 83 goals) at a club like Real Madrid (and 6 seasons in the UCL) where he has been a starter, and also scoring a goal every 68 minutes spent on the field even though this season he's coming of the bench and STILL has a better goal soring record (minute wise and match played wise) than Benz who has been starting. And also Cavani's goal scoring record this season is a goal every 134 min's, Cavani may be better defensively and offer more running than Higuain and may suit Conte's all round defensive mentality when without the ball, but Higuain (despite his blunders) is at least twice the prolific goalscorer than Cavani.

P.S. Don't take this the wrong way, i'm just starting a discussion. Smile
cale1991
cale1991
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 am

What a ridiculous comparison with statistics yet again taken out of context.

Football is a team game. Individual is only as good as his team.

Look at the players around Higuain and look at the players around Cavani - can hardly compare between the kind of service and quality around both these guys.not to mention Cavani plays in the most defensive and Higuain in, arguably, one of the most attacking leagues. Not to mention mourinho >> mazzari in managing players and his team.

You cannot by any means make such an emphatic claim unless u test both subjects in the same environment, teams etc etc.

If I had a choice I'd take Cavani over Higuain ONLY on the basis that he's been a proven success in Serie A
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cale1991 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am

^ excuse me, but YOUR input here is complete nonsense, and the argument of a player not proven in a certain league can only apply to average/good players not on WC players such as Higuain. But, if you think that your argument stands it's ground that a player MUST first be proven in a league, please explain to me Kun's thunderous impact on the EPL...or the impact of A. Sanchez in Barca...or the impact Demba Ba has made since moving from "lousy" Hoffenhaim to West Ham/Newcastle...

"Football is a team game" - No shit Sherlock!? so what do you suggest? that we clone Pepe 10 times and have a team consisting of 11 Pepes? A one individual won't ruin the whole game plan, that's just a kid's story...tell me then, how the hell those lazy Vučinić (apart from his decent playmaking skills) have a first team spot? I'll tell you why, because he's currently in the best shape to play upfront and sadly the closest thing we have to ADP10 in that position atm...

Saying that La Liga is a pure attacking league without a defence is the most utter biased comment ever! I'm sorry but that's something a guy would say who has maybe watched 3-5 games a year of Liga BBVA...the thing that the league likes to play attractive and faster football and has such mentality doesn't mean that they're ignoring defensive play...and just for the record why are such classy and quality defensive players play in such a "ATTACK" minded league like Busquets, Pique, Puyol, Rami, Pepe, Mascherano, Xabi, Iraiola, Javi Martinez? what are they doing there? they should move to the worlds best defensive league in the world! SERIE A!

do you really think like that? why the hell is the La Liga two spots ahead of us in the UCL draft? and even the BuLi is now ahead of us? i'll tell you why, because the level of quality football has dropped massively since the start of the 21st century and that our teams are constantly being kicked out of Europe by teams from La Liga and EPL...

and yeah, Cavani has bad service upfront from Hamšik, Lavezzi and Maggio...really bad...and not to mention that he starts every single game while Higuain gets of the bench and starts every 3rd game and has twice the better goal scoring record this season and would have had last season if not for his horrid injury, oh and did i mention the season 3 years ago? if not, i am now...oh one more thing, Higuain has proved himself for 6 seasons now in the UCL, yeah he's been doing there quite good you know...
cale1991
cale1991
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:57 am

Higuain can happen if Juve win serie A
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am

My favourite players are Jovetic and Lavezzi.But we all know that De Laurentis wouldnt let Lavezzi so easily so Jovetic is our best option
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Great post cale.I agree on all fronts.

The notion of Serie A proven is just plain dumb.

And Higuain has proven to be one of the most clinical finishers in Europe this season ,bar Barca he hasnt dissapointed in the limited chances he's got.

Though if you ask me ,just from a personal preference point of view i'd choose Cavani cuz he offers something more than just a poacher ,runs often and does a lot of defensive work like you elucidated.

But something on top of that we are lacking substantial creativity upfront which is why i suggested Jovetic and also the added bonus is he has been scoring a lot of goals ,this is his best scoring season.Getting CF's like Higuain or Dzeko or whoever even though they would be twice clinical as Matri would make as a bit static as a team and there maybe a possibility of we struggling to breach tight defenses considering the fact that Vucinic blows hot and cold and we're extremely over-reliant on Pirlo.Those are our two main creative sources.

Ofcourse you can a give a decent argument in favor of having either an SS or CF in the team as i am in favor of the former as i also think we'll buy only one of them and not both.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

As a closet Juve fan the only one i would consider is Lavezzi and Napoli wont allow that.

Nani to me doesnt fit into Conte's system or ideals and Higuian while extremely clinical i think Juve in such a system need a more complete and technical player IMO.

If i were Marotta this summer id do everything i can to get a WC CB, Pirlo Vice( Promotion or Purchase) and SS.

I dont think Juve need much more than that. Also i would consider Isla if he became available just because the amount of positions he can play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Mole just as you mentioned Lavezzi.

My opinion is that Lavezzi is a speedster and he fits exactly like a puzzle in Napoli's Counter attacking side.He likes to run with the ball on counters and thrives when given space.I just feels he wont be a success considering the way Juventus is playing.

Krasic who i rate as a speedster is already on the bench.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cale1991 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 pm

@Surag

your absolutely right on that, but think of it from a point of view as:

how many chances and half chances we create during a match and how many of them we convert?
-we create a zillion half-chances and at least two or three clear cut chances and we maybe score one or two on a lucky day...
with a clinical striker such as higuain we'd take at least double the 3 pointers we did until now and most of our draws would have been W's.

if you ask me, our creative force is quite good at the moment, it's just that none of our strikers are such quality like Trez was back in the day, when he'd just pop out in the 90th minute and win the game for us on a bad day, remember the game against Torino when he scored in the last minute of injury time?

you said Jovetić, and while i agree on his transfer here, it would be such a massive sum it would at least cost us half of our summer transfer kitty which is simply outrages even though we have a good transfer history with the Viola but all of their players are (most) overhyped and overpayed by us as we're one of their main rivals...

and we already have enough creative spark in Marchisio, Pirlo, Vučinić and maybe even some in Giaccherini...and with the possible acquisition of Nani on the right flank to provide a constant threat on crosses, long shots and his diagonal running in the box it'll create utmost danger and hysteria in the opposition box...
cale1991
cale1991
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Just so you know, asking price for Higuain is over 30M.

Glad to read Cale's posts in this thread, most reasonable post i have seen here in a while.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:28 pm

how many chances and half chances we create during a match and how many of them we convert?
-we create a zillion half-chances and at least two or three clear cut chances and we maybe score one or two on a lucky day...
with a clinical striker such as higuain we'd take at least double the 3 pointers we did until now and most of our draws would have been W's.

Good point and i knew you would bring that.

And i totally agree ,in games like Atalanta for example we could have easily put 5 or 6 past them but our finishing that let us down.

And again there are games against Cagliari for example (bar the good first half) where Vucinic started tiring and became lazy and all in all we basically struggled to create a clear cut chance as they put 10 men behind the ball.we all know it has become fashionable to park the bus and hit us on the break at home as it has been the gameplan of many teams who have visited us so far.

And in my honest opinion we really do fail to break park the bus teams especially at home.

That is why with a forward like Jovetic who would not only be a scoring threat but also has the ability to take on defenders with his superb technical ability as well as capable of providing a killer pass..We are really missing someone in the Del Piero mold in my opinion.Well that just my take on it.

if you ask me, our creative force is quite good at the moment, it's just that none of our strikers are such quality like Trez was back in the day, when he'd just pop out in the 90th minute and win the game for us on a bad day, remember the game against Torino when he scored in the last minute of injury time?

you said Jovetić, and while i agree on his transfer here, it would be such a massive sum it would at least cost us half of our summer transfer kitty which is simply outrages even though we have a good transfer history with the Viola but all of their players are (most) overhyped and overpayed by us as we're one of their main rivals...

Well kinda agree on both points.But again i think i would go back to my initial argument here.

And agreed Giaccherini has been a totally revelation this season.But i just think we need someone with ability to make a killer pass in the final third and atm bar Vucinic who i think is very unreliable in my opinion none have the ability to do so.Also you need just more than wingplay while you're attacking in CL games for example ,you need creativity down the middle as well..Just have a look at Milan ,they're such a one-dimensional team with little to no width and almost the same gameplan which is why they tend to struggle in Europe many a times.Whilst we have the personnel for Wingplay i'd like to see us buy a flexible dynamic forward in Jovetic.

So i think having a creative SS will also be helpful tactically as well..Just my take on it.

Well this is clearly a case of having more creativity upfront to having a clinical striker upfront.Either of us can be wrong in this case and i clearly prefer having an SS although i wont be perturbed if we get a CF in the summer.Just my point of view.And you've presented really good arguments here.

Also i suggested Jovetic cuz i believe he would be available for 25m or under whilst other cost much more with high wages.So economically it would be a good deal as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 pm

just to add to that higuain can carry teams also without breath taking attacking players.. just see our 09 season for reference
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Adit wrote:Mole just as you mentioned Lavezzi.

My opinion is that Lavezzi is a speedster and he fits exactly like a puzzle in Napoli's Counter attacking side.He likes to run with the ball on counters and thrives when given space.I just feels he wont be a success considering the way Juventus is playing.

Krasic who i rate as a speedster is already on the bench.
First of all you CANT compare Krasic to Lavezzi..Lavezzi are speedster and creative player.On the other side Krasic is only speedster.So you cant compare the impact of Lavezzi and Krasic.And i dont agree with cale that Iguain is the best solution because he only scores when some1 will make the play.He cant score alone without Ronaldo Di Maria Ozil etc.He needs creative players around him to make him score.Maybe when we will have Vucinic and Jovetic as creative SS and Pirlo March Vidal behind then only then we can buy Iguain.

And for the record we have already a poacher ( Matri ).I dont say that he is as good as Iguain but we lack creativity in the attack and Jovetic is perfect solution for that spot ( or even Suarez ) because both of them can create and score and Iguain only can score
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 pm

And yea, Benzema any day before Iguain
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Agree with C.Marchisio on his take on Lavezzi and Higuain.

And Adit a more apt comparison of Lavezzi would be that to Angel Di Maria.Both 'were' headless chickens but they have channeled their talent thanks to some effective coaching ofcourse they're using their brain more often now.

Krasic is just a Serbian version of Walcott.Speedster who lacks brain.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Wow, Higgy is underestimated by lot. He'd run amok in Serie A, no joke eco smile
It's better this way, we better keep him eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:Wow, Higgy is underestimated by lot. He'd run amok in Serie A, no joke eco smile
It's better this way, we better keep him eco smile

Thats not the point.

We're more stressing on the requirements of the team and i am of the opinion that we need an SS more than a CF although an argument can be presented in favor of the latter.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:20 pm

There's no team in the world where Higgy wouldn't add quality eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:07 pm

I want Juve to buy Guidetti. Very Happy

He is like a younger version of Ibra, not as good but with a better attitude.

Best thing he is young so he will only improve with you. Very Happy
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Surag wrote:Agree with C.Marchisio on his take on Lavezzi and Higuain.

And Adit a more apt comparison of Lavezzi would be that to Angel Di Maria.Both 'were' headless chickens but they have channeled their talent thanks to some effective coaching ofcourse they're using their brain more often now.

Krasic is just a Serbian version of Walcott.Speedster who lacks brain.
I think there is a considerable difference between di maria and lavezzi.

Di maria actually dont need space and even though he is very quick he dont use his speed to dribble people that often.He relies simply on body movements and fakes to dribbles past defenders.

You also forgot he is still assist leader of europe despite injuredout for last 3 months!!! Most of his assists have been great throw balls and over the top balls..Actually he rarely relays on his speed,at least this season.

Lavezzi on the other hand likes to play with ball and take defenders out on pure pace and change of direction.He definitely has a good end product too but he is not the same type as di maria.His main weapon is still his pace.

just my 90$
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next