aleumdance
Mr Nick09
Babun
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alex Song is overrated Empty Alex Song is overrated

Post by Babun Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

I won't talk about Arteta because he wasn't hyped. Arsenal played basically our system 4-2-3-1. We relly heavily on the two I marked red to get the ball to AM or wingers as fast as possible, a very direct style. Song and Arteta neither did press, nor distribute the ball or offer any kind of protection to their CBs. All game long, it looked like their their CBs were the worst out there but practically they had little protection.
Gibbs, Djourou, Lolcott etc. were the other culprits ( not CL level) but let's talk about Song. He was absolutely out of his depth against Milan. Ibra had a field day against him. If he is the standard of CM in EPL then god help them (says the atheist) eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Alex Song is overrated Empty Re: Alex Song is overrated

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh no you didnt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 pm

he is not Overrated, the overrated person is the man who though he should link up with ramsey

and expected miracles from no pace on the wings
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 pm

I have a feeling AW instructed them not to press for whatever reason....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

The Verminator wrote:I have a feeling AW instructed them not to press for whatever reason....

same here
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:I won't talk about Arteta because he wasn't hyped. Arsenal played basically our system 4-2-3-1. We relly heavily on the two I marked red to get the ball to AM or wingers as fast as possible, a very direct style. Song and Arteta neither did press, nor distribute the ball or offer any kind of protection to their CBs. All game long, it looked like their their CBs were the worst out there but practically they had little protection.
Gibbs, Djourou, Lolcott etc. were the other culprits ( not CL level) but let's talk about Song. He was absolutely out of his depth against Milan. Ibra had a field day against him. If he is the standard of CM in EPL then god help them (says the atheist) eco smile

You knw Song is my main man, right?
Alex Song is overrated 308344_10150306444022797_640922796_8452494_1635445628_n
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 pm

song is a VERY GOOD player but imo he doesn't suit a team like arsenal. he is overrated by SOME arsenal fans though but the majority rate him correctly.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:I won't talk about Arteta because he wasn't hyped. Arsenal played basically our system 4-2-3-1. We relly heavily on the two I marked red to get the ball to AM or wingers as fast as possible, a very direct style. Song and Arteta neither did press, nor distribute the ball or offer any kind of protection to their CBs. All game long, it looked like their their CBs were the worst out there but practically they had little protection.

that you?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Lets make up a new position for Song since he doesn't want to defend. I think Song is one of the new breed of defensive mids called DAM. Defensive attacking Mid hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Why not make a thread about every Arsenal player, manager, staff, pat rice, Gunnersaurus?

Easier that way no ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:35 pm

You almost made an entire post without using " eco smile "
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Does this mean you hope they don't receive help? Laughing

He was very poor today. He is usually a very solid CM for Arsenal. Notice I did not say CDM. Song has played this season with far more license to roam forward. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or simply out of necessity since Ramsey has been hit and miss. In any case, he has become accustomed to roaming forward and neglecting his defensive duties. As Arteta is no "ball-winning midfielder," Arsenal could not regain possesion in the midfield. Combine this with their link-up play leaving quite a bit to be desired today, and it is easy to see how Milan routed them.

(Oh, and their width was negated by the sand traps on either side of the pitch. :lol!: )
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 pm

that you?[/quote]
REWB wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

that you?

Yeah...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Poor mans Lass.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Stupid. How can you blame Song for not pressing? If he presses alone, he will get triangled and he is left out of position (see Lass).

Team tactics were he not press, so he didnt.

He didnt connect with players in front of him? Milan outnumber them in the center of the pitch and did just enough pressing to make it difficult.

He isnt Xavi, Iniesta or even Wilshere, someone who is going to turn out of pressure and play in tight space.

This thread is exactly the kind people moan about, utter kneejerk blaming one player who only did what his talent can produce given the situation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:40 pm

He is a very good DM when he sits in fron of the back four, but he doesn't do that either from Wenger's instructions or because he wants to be more involved in the final third.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Idrisozet wrote:that you?
REWB wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

that you?

Yeah...[/quote]

wow, how? explain lol, how did you meet him?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Sort of relevant but Noccerino did a great job tonight :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm

REWB wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:that you?
REWB wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

that you?

Yeah...

wow, how? explain lol, how did you meet him?[/quote]

I live in North London, so we see every now and then...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:Stupid. How can you blame Song for not pressing? If he presses alone, he will get triangled and he is left out of position (see Lass).

He didnt connect with players in front of him? Milan outnumber them in the center of the pitch and did just enough pressing to make it difficult.

He isnt Xavi, Iniesta or even Wilshere, someone who is going to turn out of pressure and play in tight space.

This thread is exactly the kind people moan about, utter kneejerk blaming one player who only did what his talent can produce given the situation.
I stated in OP that I don't blame him soleily for the loss ( Wenger tactics and half of the Arsenal didn't show up). Where did you people get that?
I'm evaluating Song only. Reduce all his qualities to basics then. If his team is under pressure, the least he could do is to defend. He was neither impressive in defence nor going with the ball forward. That's the quality I'd attribute to him only and not his pals. he was average at best.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm

aleumdance wrote:he is not Overrated, the overrated person is the man who though he should link up with ramsey

and expected miracles from no pace on the wings

Wenger?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Stupid. How can you blame Song for not pressing? If he presses alone, he will get triangled and he is left out of position (see Lass).

I stated in OP that I don't blame him soleily for the loss ( Wenger tactics and half of the Arsenal didn't show up). Where did you people get that?
I'm evaluating Song only. Reduce all his qualities to basics then. If his team is under pressure, the least he could do is to defend. He was neither impressive in defence nor going with the ball forward. That's the quality I'd attribute to him only and not his pals. he was average at best.

But there was nothing he could do. He defended fine, I didnt see him get beat often or anything like that. Milans goals were not coming from space in between the lines, the place he should be covering. He cant help too much if balls are going in behind or down the sides.

He was average at best? I suppose. But why does get to, he is "overrated"?

He didnt have a good game, he didnt have a especially bad one, and most importantly its just ONE game.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:

It wasnt his fault ramsey and arteta decided to be shit. What was he supposed to do ?

When he dropped at CB, he had a role and knew what to do hence had no faults at all in the last few mins
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Idrisozet wrote:

Wow! Shocked Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Toni Kroos?
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next