Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world?

+14
Seth
Be/\/ceCALI
johniet
BiasedMilanFan3
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
nichabr
Le Samourai
guest7
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world? Empty Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world?

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Well b4 coming to this forum, I didnt know too much about him, but Ive come to learn that hes very popular here. I havent watched Milan much lately so I dont have an opinion. But just read Ibra on Goal his description about Silva:

"But remember, in my defence I have the best defender in the world, and his name is Thiago Silva. Maybe he is not so well-known yet, but trust me … I have played with many defenders, like Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol, I have played with many fantastic central defenders, but this player is like all of them put together. He’s compact, he has everything a defender should have, and he’s mentally strong, and now he’s becoming a leader for the team. Players look up to him and he has to take a lot of responsibility, and I think that has made him even better. But not many look at him because, I don’t know, because he’s Brazilian and they’re not known for having good defenders or whatever, but he’s the best defender in the world."

Obviously nothing new to some of u I guess Razz And only his opinion, and being a teammate...but that description is pretty GOAT - like all of Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol put together, that wets my pants albino
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world? Empty Re: Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world?

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Since Vidic has been injured for majority of this season, I think Thiago silva probably is the best Centre Back out there.

Pique would give him a solid competition but he is a bit off form these days.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world? Empty Re: Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:08 pm

By quite a big margin.......Milan would be idiotic if they decide to sell him for any price.....

Messi of Defenders IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 pm

pique is not even close to thiago atm...vidic and kompany are the only contenders and hes better imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:By quite a big margin.......Milan would be idiotic if they decide to sell him for any price.....

Messi of Defenders IMO.

So he is GOAT? hmm
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Not going to spoil it with my silly opinion.

But yeah right now all things considered he is te best in the world.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I meant Thiago Silva is the best Defender by a massive margin, just like how Messi is the best player by a massive margin.

Messi is not a GOAT btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I meant Thiago Silva is the best Defender by a massive margin, just like how Messi is the best player by a massive margin.

Messi is not a GOAT btw.
inb4 jiopsi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Ganso wrote:pique is not even close to thiago atm...vidic and kompany are the only contenders and hes better imo

Pique is better than Kompany mate, but thats a different topic.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Like mole said, He is messi of defenders

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Ganso wrote:pique is not even close to thiago atm...vidic and kompany are the only contenders and hes better imo

Pique is better than Kompany mate, but thats a different topic.

Shocked

RB section time banana
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I think Pique is comparable to him, but he is way more inconsistent.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Ibra is disrespecting Nesta BTW.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Ibra is disrespecting Nesta BTW.
why is that?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

i think barzagli is the only guy close to thiago silva based on consistency but he isn't comparable talent wise IMO
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Because he is playing with him right now and he is better than any of the players on that list.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Yes, for me he is.

On form Pique is close Vidic and so is Vidic, but still I like Thiago because he he more mobile than both while so strong in other areas. Pique is bigger, Vidic more agggresive and those are advantages but all around Thiago is better and right now with Pique not on song and Vidic injured, its not very close.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Its hard to find a quick CB these days, Silva is one of the few.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Its hard to find a quick CB these days, Silva is one of the few.
quick and with a muscular physique....even harder to find....can only think of a few defenders with the attributes he has.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:Its hard to find a quick CB these days, Silva is one of the few.

Actually there are quite a lot of fast CBs out there, it's their understanding of the game that has gone to shit.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Actually there are quite a lot of fast CBs out there, it's their understanding of the game that has gone to shit.

This.

And yes TS is the best in the world atm.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:26 pm

In my opinion, Thiago Silva is currently one of the top 5 players in the world

Maybe even top 3
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:26 pm

nichabr wrote:
quick and with a muscular physique....even harder to find....can only think of a few defenders with the attributes he has.

Add Technique and a brain to that lol, i dont think there's another CB in the world with the same attricutes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:27 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Well b4 coming to this forum, I didnt know too much about him, but Ive come to learn that hes very popular here. I havent watched Milan much lately so I dont have an opinion. But just read Ibra on Goal his description about Silva:

"But remember, in my defence I have the best defender in the world, and his name is Thiago Silva. Maybe he is not so well-known yet, but trust me … I have played with many defenders, like Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol, I have played with many fantastic central defenders, but this player is like all of them put together. He’s compact, he has everything a defender should have, and he’s mentally strong, and now he’s becoming a leader for the team. Players look up to him and he has to take a lot of responsibility, and I think that has made him even better. But not many look at him because, I don’t know, because he’s Brazilian and they’re not known for having good defenders or whatever, but he’s the best defender in the world."

Obviously nothing new to some of u I guess Razz And only his opinion, and being a teammate...but that description is pretty GOAT - like all of Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol put together, that wets my pants albino

oops he forgot chiellini Very Happy
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

chiellini? :lucas:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next