BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
M99
49 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Connor was an absolute badass, i thought he looked raw as f. I am myself of mohawk blood from my maternal grandmother What a Face

Should have been more precise. I have no complaints on the scenario. What i mainly disliked in AC3 was the gameplay... parry with circle smh.
The whole character motion felt heavy & slow compared to the previous episodes. Is there any improvement on the gameplay in the following games ?

From what i know Black Flag is mainly navy battles ?

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Black Flag is mainly a pirate game with some Assassin stuff thrown in, it's mainly why people like it so much.

It doesn't share the same tired formula that the other games have.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Grave robbing is bad. But tomb raiding in Assassin's Creed Origins? That sounds very good. Creative director Ashraf Ismail confirmed in an interview in the latest issue of OPM that Origins will bring Assassin's Creed back to the cornucopias of puzzles and platforming that last appeared in Assassin's Creed 2, with a variety of styles to explore inspired by real-life history.

"We have quite a few tombs in the game, and they range from being classical puzzles to navigation puzzles and navigation challenges,” says Ismail. “A lot of them are actually built off of the actual true tombs that we’ve researched."

Many of the tombs in Assassin's Creed 2 were set in real-life locations like the Duomo in Florence and St Mark’s Basilica in Venice, combining navigation challenges and puzzles with the tourist-y thrill of discovering off-limits parts of famous places. The Assassin's Creed Origins team consulted with historians about how ancient Egyptian tombs were constructed to reach a similarly authentic feeling for a more ancient world, according to Ismail.

“So we put a lot of effort into recreating these tombs. Everything that is actually known we’ve mapped it out, we have images, we have research that’s been done on tombs, we actually try to replicate it as close as possible. So for example, the Greek pyramid, all the chambers, all the corridors are an authentic representation. Now, of course, we have a bit of fun and go a bit further, like, what are the secret chambers that have not been discovered yet?”

Great news, the tombs in AC2 were some of the best things about the entire game imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Agreed. I hope the tombs are filled with puzzles like AC2 were. Kinda like Uncharted/Tomb Raider.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:49 pm

I dunno if my mind is playing tricks on me but i feel like the combat looks better than it did at E3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWef7lXwexQ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Yeah it does imo

unbelievable hate in the comments though. I think people are overreacting. It's kinda a step away from the true AC gaming experience but they wanted to try out something new and that's understandable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 pm

IGN youtube comments are always going to be aids, i didn't even bother to look.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Combat looks very Witcher-y and not very Assassin's Creed-y.

But I didn't expect much more from the least creative AAA developer in the market.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 pm

It seems like a half way house between Witcher and Dark Souls in terms of mechanics.

Where as before it was a half way house between Batman and Uncharted. Laughing

I don't mind it though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Well, Witcher was inspired by both Batman Arkham Asylum and Demon’s Souls, according to the developers.

I just think Ubisoft want to do a Witcher with Origins but I am sure they will fall short just like they fell short trying to do a GTA with Watch Dogs.

And I personally don't like the RPG elements they have added to AC. AC was never an RPG and people who played it weren't looking for that kind of experience.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new style of combat but I hope this is still a stealth/assassin's game where you would use such combat skills minimally if you decide to go the stealth route.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:31 pm

They said you can as long as you keep the hidden blade stuff upgraded.

Honestly i'm looking forward to playing something different as far as an AC game is concerned even if feels like a massive Witcher skin without any of the good stuff.

Also i hope the quest design is how they say it is, not just in terms of quality but the fact you can freely go from quest to quest without failing.

Honestly the thing i hate about AC games is how the quests are designed, they are almost always *bleep* awful.

But we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 pm

I get what you're saying. I'm just not very positive about Ubisoft delivering interesting side quests.

When I think about great side quests/activities I think about Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Zelda and Mass Effect (not Andromeda). I've been told Yakuza and Baldur's Gate series are also top notch. But no Ubisoft games. Their side quests and activities have always been boring, filler-type, uninspired or simply lazy and copy-paste like.

I hope Origins proves me wrong but you can see why I have my doubts.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Agree with you mind.

I can vouch for Yakuza's side quests btw, they are amazing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:49 pm

There's nothing about the game thats wowwing, making me go wow I need to play this like gameplay videos of Witcher, Horizon, God Of War did. I still have faith since its the Black Flag team.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Officially on board with the combat now.

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 15 CarefreeCheeryIslandwhistler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEeYxlTw6b8

Really good trailer IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Did you see the Gamescom trailer with Julius Caesar and Cleopatra?

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Yeah i did, Gamescom gameplay on Youtube convinced me on the game tbh.

Was watching this lads Youtube channel and it looks fantastic IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Centerstrain01

Apparently has a history of playing Hitman and Splinter Cell so actually knows how to play the game, if anyone is apprehensive on the game i advise you to watch his gameplay.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Trying too hard to be Witcher imho.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:42 pm

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 15 7dRcfB1_d

Really good idea imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/for-better-or-worse-assassins-creed-origins-is-an-rpg-now/

Seems more and more like a wannabe Witcher to me.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:10 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 pm

It is

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Disagree tbh, copying great games is never a bad thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:14 pm

I may speak for myself, but I think people who like Assassin's Creed like it for what it is. An assassin game. I'm not a fan of adding RPG elements to AC. There are plenty of great RPG games around with fantastic combat. People who want that kind of experience will play those games not AC, so why the change?

Copying Witcher by adding quality side quests and a creating a lively world is a great thing. But I feel like Ubisoft are changing AC by this new combat mechanics and levelling and gear, trying to imitate Witcher. And if I am to judge Ubisoft by their history, they will not come close to Witcher in these departments.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey i like the AC series too, well most of them anyway. I even liked Unity Laughing

I just feel like if it's taking it's inspiration from great games and putting it's own spin on it then that's fine.

I don't expect it to be better than Witcher 3 at the things it trys to incorporate but as long as it's a fun game which after reading and watching the previews i have zero doubt it will be.

Then i'm completely good with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next