Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season?

+21
BarrileteCosmico
Babun
Lord Spencer
M99
Milan31
TrezeGent
BiasedMilanFan3
S32TABLANCA
nichabr
BarcaLearning
DeviAngel
Tomwin Lannister
Rossoneri Ninja
dronte
Pedram
S
Nomad
Ganso
zarola
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season? Empty Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 pm

I dont follow serie A that closely anymore but i do catch some juventus games because they are the most enjoyable to watch at the moment.

Watching their game this season, Chiellini pulled out another world class display at the moment, and still leading the only undefeated team in Serie A.

Thiago is highly rated around here, and justifiably, but has Chiellini been a better performer this season?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season? Empty Re: Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Nick he's been playing LB all season lol, only last few weeks hes been playing CB since Juventus switched to 3-5-2.

Barzagli has been the best CB behind Silva.

He has been quality tho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season? Empty Re: Has Chiellini been the best CB in Italy this season?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Mole, i have seen Juventus lining up many times with 3 at the back and using wing backs essentially, with Chiellini on the far left. i wouldnt call that position "LB", more like Left Center Back.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 pm

he hasnt even been the best at juve and at the start of the season he was faulty for a few gosls
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm

as Mole said 1 Silva,2 Barzagli,3 the rest
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Chiellini has been a beast, but as has been mentioned earlier, he has been playing as LB most of the on going season.

The two candidates for this title are Milan's Silva and Juve's Barzagli, and truth be told, Barzagli has been much better than Silva for this season.

This fact is documented by Juve being the Italian team which has conceded the least goals this season, and if you add to that the fact that the shaky Bonucci has been his partner, you will get the real picture.

Simply put, Barzagli has been the best CB in Italy this season.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Why was nomad's post neg -repped lol ?

Totally agree with him.I have seen Silva having a few shaky games here and there.There hasnt been a more consistent CB in Europe than Andrea Barzagli..Maybe also due to the fact that we arent playing in Europe.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Some people in this forum are abusing the rep system.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Dont get what Giddy unrivaled joy people get from neg repping i have only neg repped 19 posts since the forum opened lol.

But recieved over 500 plus reps GOAT MOLE :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Caught ya..

Ganso the Brazil fanboy with the neg-repping..

Yeah Juve arent playing in the CL but as far as league is concerned Barzagli edges Silva in my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:19 pm

yeah,it was obviously me who negged you moron Rolling Eyes

:facepalm: @ people who care so much about this rep system
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:21 pm

5 minutes ago i checked your profile it was 298

Then i checked it once more and it is 300..

hmm You decide.. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Barzagli has been the most steady CB in Serie A this year. You can't doubt that.

Ganso wrote:yeah,it was obviously me who negged you moron Rolling Eyes

:facepalm: @ people who care so much about this rep system
You saying that with almost a thousand rep votes? o.O confused

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:27 pm

im not friends with you,why would i even care if you knew i neg repped?

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Surag wrote:Why was nomad's post neg -repped lol ?

Totally agree with him.I have seen Silva having a few shaky games here and there.There hasnt been a more consistent CB in Europe than Andrea Barzagli..Maybe also due to the fact that we arent playing in Europe.

Evidence pls ..

As far as i have seen Barzagli has been Juve's best defender consistent and solid. You could give it to him, however it feels kinda weird though considering Thiago Silva is consider the best cb in the world. On the basis of form you could claim Barzagli being superior, but overall T.S is twice ( exaggeration obv) the defender Barzagli could ever be.

Barzagli has been part of the better defence, but individually T.S quality is superior and he has shown it against the best of teams in Serie A and CL.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Surag wrote:Why was nomad's post neg -repped lol ?

Evidence pls ..

As far as i have seen Barzagli has been Juve's best defender consistent and solid. You could give it to him, however it feels kinda weird though considering Thiago Silva is consider the best cb in the world. On the basis of form you could claim Barzagli being superior, but overall T.S is twice ( exaggeration obv) the defender Barzagli could ever be.

Barzagli has been part of the better defence, but individually T.S quality is superior and he has shown it against the best of teams in Serie A and CL.
We are actually talking about this season, don't forget it.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Evidence pls ..

Well Silva looked totally uncomfortable in the game against Udinese for instance.I saw him caught out of position a few times.

Whereas Barzagli has been all but flawless this season and one of the reasons why we have conceded less goals this season.Has played every minute in the league and Coppa.

And ofcourse i have been basing it on form..Totally agreed Barzagli talent wise doesnt come close to TS..Consistency wise ?Yes i think so.

And regarding being the best CB in the world ?Yes he unquestionably is as you have to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's played in CL and performed against big teams.No dispute,he's the best CB in the world atm.

Also our defense aint CL proven so we have to see how our defense fairs in CL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

On current form, Barzagli is a complete beast and Chiellini after a shaky start and being moved about, he's looking like a fantastic CB again. Winning just about every header and making great tackles.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Silva looked shaky in the coppa against ADP but It can happen to any player
he is great CB and one fo the best in the world.

so far Barzagli is the best Italian CB

Chiellini after being moved to CB and after Conte saw that he is not the same on LB is coming back to his best
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Surag wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Evidence pls ..

Well Silva looked totally uncomfortable in the game against Udinese for instance.I saw him caught out of position a few times.

Whereas Barzagli has been all but flawless this season and one of the reasons why we have conceded less goals this season.Has played every minute in the league and Coppa.

And ofcourse i have been basing it on form..Totally agreed Barzagli talent wise doesnt come close to TS..Consistency wise ?Yes i think so.

And regarding being the best CB in the world ?Yes he unquestionably is as you have to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's played in CL and performed against big teams.No dispute,he's the best CB in the world atm.

Also our defense aint CL proven so we have to see how our defense fairs in CL.

Thumbs up

Agreed on most of your points Surag, however T.S has looked vulnerable because the defense around him has not always been up to standard. That Udinese game is a good example, the milan midfield is being dominated and bypassed quite easily, its extremely hard to defend properly when the whole defensive line is back pedaling.

Im fairly convinced Juve's backline is superior to ours and is better suited for Serie A. Like i said before you could give it to Barzagli who has been near flawless but that's not to mean that his partners in defense aren't pulling their weight. For instance Lichsteiner works harder than any other rb in Serie A but defensively he is always overlooked because he goes about his business very coolly.

Barzagli has been the most consistent and can rightfully claim to be the stand out cb so far into the season.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

So Silva is the better player, but Barzagli's performance better than Silva this season correct?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm

I would argue barzagli is better but ts has more potential.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 pm

barzagli is my fav italian defender ATM....alot better than cheilini who at the best of times is a beast but at the worst of times is unreliable and more often than not turns out to be a liability...i put juves undefeated run down to barzagli hes the reason they have done so well.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Devi your avatar is :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Devi your avatar is :bow:

I cracked when I saw it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum