Barzagli crowns Thiago Silva

4 posters

Go down

Barzagli crowns Thiago Silva  Empty Barzagli crowns Thiago Silva

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 am

Juventus’ Andrea Barzagli may be a part of the tightest defence in Serie A, but he concedes that Milan’s Thiago Silva is on another level.

The 30-year-old has played in every single minute of the Old Lady’s campaign so far this season and is one of the reasons why they’ve conceded just 14 goals in 23 Serie A ties.

However, ahead of this weekend’s showdown with the Rossoneri, he’s outlined his admiration for the Brazilian international.

“Thiago Silva is, without a doubt, the best defender,” the former Wolfsburg man told La Repubblica. “I’m some way off him.

“He has everything that is needed, like his teammate Alessandro Nesta who remains one of my favourite players.

“Our defensive strength? It is the team that makes the defence. If the goalkeeper saves everything, the midfield covers and the attackers press then you are at a good starting point.

“We are all a lot more aggressive this season and we aren’t that bad if we are all around the international set-up. I’m playing well, I feel secure.”

Turning to Saturday’s San Siro clash, the stopper is adamant that the home team are in pole position for the points.

“If we say that Milan are favourites then it is because we are looking at their players, at their CVs. Who wouldn’t say that Milan are stronger?”

As it stands, the Rossoneri will be without Zlatan Ibrahimovic even if his ban could be overturned on appeal.

“Things will change for Milan, not us, if he plays or not. They are more predictable with him, even if he himself is unpredictable.

“They move more as a team without Ibrahimovic.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Barzagli crowns Thiago Silva  Empty Re: Barzagli crowns Thiago Silva

Post by Cotes Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

He speaks the truth when he says,“They move more as a team without Ibrahimovic.”
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

sexy beast :bow:
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 am

Barzagli can be our one-man defence. Now lets put the other three defenders and rest of the squad into an all-out attack mode, lets storm the San Siro and decapitate the devil's head :mental:
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum