Amar
urbaNRoots
waitressinthesky
MJ
Jay29
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur: Arsenal punish Spurs' poor tactics - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur: Arsenal punish Spurs' poor tactics

Post by waitressinthesky Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:57 pm

(I know I didn't!)

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur: Arsenal punish Spurs' poor tactics - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur: Arsenal punish Spurs' poor tactics

Post by Spider Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Eman wrote:I went out drinking last night, but set my alarm for 7:00am. In Canada, the game started at 8:30am, and my alarm went off every 5 minutes for an hour and a half, but I fecking slept through the whole game :facepalm:. Dunno if I'll ever forgive myself.

What a result, though. I've seen the highlights, and Jesus, take a bow everybody!

Same for me, but I was at work - and when I came home there were 15 minutes to go, but my ISP trolled the f*ck out of me - and couldn't see even those 15 minutes :facepalm:

Now I'm downloading the full match, if you need links I'll send them to you.

Dude send the link to me also , i missed the whole game :/
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Spider wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Eman wrote:I went out drinking last night, but set my alarm for 7:00am. In Canada, the game started at 8:30am, and my alarm went off every 5 minutes for an hour and a half, but I fecking slept through the whole game :facepalm:. Dunno if I'll ever forgive myself.

What a result, though. I've seen the highlights, and Jesus, take a bow everybody!

Same for me, but I was at work - and when I came home there were 15 minutes to go, but my ISP trolled the f*ck out of me - and couldn't see even those 15 minutes :facepalm:

Me too.. This is one game I want to watch over and over, atleast for Rozza!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:27 pm

lenear1030 wrote:My goodness Rosicky was AMAZING today. and Walcott went from normal Walcott in the 1st half, to big game Walcott in the 2nd half.

:bow: rosicky

Cosign, Rosicky was awesome, along with Song, RVP, Sagna, 2nd half Walcott, Verm, etc.

Great win :bow:

and lol @ the comedy on PlanetSpurs
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:46 pm

aleumdance wrote:from a spurs forum
hell-shocked? Brought down to earth? Well, this was a wake-up call for us all, wasn't it? And we all thought we were "miles ahead of the Gooners!"

Not only were we thrashed but we were second best at everything. They tackled better, passed the ball better, attacked far better and had a better team spirit. When we had the ball we always looked like we were going to lose it. When they had the ball they always looked like they were going to score.

I hate to say this, BUT YOU'VE GOT TO HAND IT TO THEM. I mean, Wenger and the whole team were under considerable pressure to put in "a performance" and they came up trumps, didn't they?

Have we got any excuses? Were there any key players missing from our side? Er, actually, NO!

Fancy playing them at Wembley next year when they've got Wilshere back?

The sad fact is that our two goals were incredibly lucky and theirs were brilliant. I like Ade, but he had a nightmare game, whereas Van Persie was absolutely brilliant.
Come to think of it, did ANYONE in our side play well? Did we actually put ONE decent move together?

Ah, well, let's move on. We've got Man U next (without Parker) and we need to bounce back quickly. I wonder if we will, after a dreadful performance like that?

This looked like the OLD TOTTENHAM to me.

We may still end up above Arsenal and grab a CL place but we're still in their shadow, that's for sure.

Time for me to get drunk!!!

I swear this guy is an Arsenal fan. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:21 pm

I'll admit I was livid with Walcott's display in the first half, and when he missed that shot across the mouth of the goal (that he later made) I was infuriated. Glad to see he stepped up and proved he can be a clinical finisher. Sure his first touches aren't immaculate or world class but you don't really need that if you've got blazing speed, vision, heart and composure which he displayed in the second half. Hope he maintains this form. Consistency is key.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 pm

This game proved what we already knew about Walcott. He needs certain conditions to truly be effective. If he has space and the ball into him is played in early and with accuracy, he will hurt teams. If he has to manufacture space by himself then he's pretty rubbish.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:33 pm

he just needs to watch overmars videos
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:This game proved what we already knew about Walcott. He needs certain conditions to truly be effective. If he has space and the ball into him is played in early and with accuracy, he will hurt teams. If he has to manufacture space by himself then he's pretty rubbish.

Spot on
when we play against teams who sit deep, he is so ineffective and shockingly bad Smile . Still a valuable player to have in the team, with his pace he will always hurt teams.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Thats why roatation is key. Oxlade does well against teams sitting deep cause of his tricky approach
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Sagna: "We were in our own stadium against the enemy, we had to turn it around."

Laughing
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

MJGunner wrote:Good to see some Spurs humbled and put in their place. I mean seriously, it's been 16 years since they finished above us and they go on a pretty good run of form and think they've took the reins of North London.

Nah, the big brother just put his squirt kid brother in his place today.

I was generally pleased with what Redknapp said and found him very agreeable and respectable. lol can't honestly say Wenger would have reacted the same way had we lost in a similar manner. He would have said
"Well uhhh the ref....the pitch...*insert injured player* is missing....there was a dog barking very loudly..." Razz

lmao

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Missed the game sleeping though all of it. Fortunately I recorded it so was able to watch it all. Almost turned it off after the second spud goal tho.

Sure glad I did not. Amazing game

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Did you know....there have now been an astonishing 62 goals in the last 15 PL meetings between Arsenal & Spurs. #afc #thfc #epl
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Spider wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

please send me links too.. I too missed it..
I was at work and stopped following the match commentary when we went 2-0 down.. After my duty when i saw my friend (who is a Yanited fan) he said that we won 5-2.. I got angry at him for taunting me..
And imagine how happy and surprised i was when i saw the result on net.. I jumped raising my hand..
So sad i missed it..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
srigooner wrote:Wow. Those stats.

Song got more than half his career assists in this season alone!?!

lol Song has invented his own position
true.. Arteta is giving him great freedom.. Otherwise we would be conceding in numbers...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:05 pm

" I must saythe way we want to play football depends on the pitch and this was the first time in three games that we played on afootball pitch that is really a football pitch. That helps as well.."
very true.. It is unbelievable that San Siro home to the Milans supposed to be the no.1 stadium in Italy doesnt have the standard of Stokes homeground..
And it did terribly stop us...

Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm

And why no comments about the team selection today...
Many of the guys would have killed Wenger for starting Benayoun over Ox and Gervinho...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm

srigooner wrote:
Spider wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Me too.. This is one game I want to watch over and over, atleast for Rozza!

mee too man much apriated , loved this game could watch it over and over
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Wilson37 wrote:" I must saythe way we want to play football depends on the pitch and this was the first time in three games that we played on afootball pitch that is really a football pitch. That helps as well.."
very true.. It is unbelievable that San Siro home to the Milans supposed to be the no.1 stadium in Italy doesnt have the standard of Stokes homeground..
And it did terribly stop us...

Class is permanent buddy. You can't blame the pitch for playing like shit and not turning up. Milan was a disgraceful game, no matter how much you blame the pitch. If we pull that tie around in the Emirates and qualify for the next round, then I will believe you.

FA Cup was purely lack of desire. Compare the performances of individuals with the performances they put in yesterday or against Chelsea away. You'll know what I mean.

Wilson37 wrote:And why no comments about the team selection today...
Many of the guys would have killed Wenger for starting Benayoun over Ox and Gervinho...

Lol.. Those comments took a back seat to the manner of the victory.. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:19 am

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7059616/EPL.2012.02.26.Arsenal.vs.Tottenham.Hotspur.720p.HDTV.x264-FAIRP

Well, you said you wanted quality Razz.
It's 3.19GB, *slightly* too big .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 am

This thread is quite long so i dont know if anyone else has said but I dare to say:

When in form Rosicky is > Modric

YEAH I SAID IT
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this but i read somewhere that when Tottenham scored the first goal, Dean did a quick jump in happiness

here is a video LMFAO its true haha

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 am

Anyone got links for extended highlights?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 am

"This was bigger than fighting for trophies. They were fighting to keep their boss in a job - they want him to stay." - Martin Keown on Arsenal vs Spurs

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 am

(And don't forget, they want their captain to stay!)

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum