Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Chelsea Fuerte
Abramovich
The dizz
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

interesting blog found - Why Serie A is better than the English Premier League  - Page 2 Empty Re: interesting blog found - Why Serie A is better than the English Premier League

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Well, its a European trophy, is it not? Thats the 11th placed team reaching the final and beating the likes of Juventus (who you've already stated as a CL contender) on the way.

As for the Carling Cup or the FA cup, they are competitions in England between English teams. The fact that a team can win it and then get relegated only shows how equal teams are, just like how you gave Sampdoria as an example.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

interesting blog found - Why Serie A is better than the English Premier League  - Page 2 Empty Re: interesting blog found - Why Serie A is better than the English Premier League

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:If you ask any unbiased football fan which league is better, between Serie A and EPL, then I think he'll find that EPL win 80% of the time, imho.

Serie A stadiums lacks atmosphere; there seem to always be this edgy feeling that games MUST be fixed or influenced; not to mention that the majority of BIG name players play in either La Liga or the EPL. However, I do enjoy certain Serie A games.

It all depends on how you define "better" as I said- quality of teams EPL wins at this moment of time. Quality of football is a different question all together and I'd suspect if you asked outside of England which league they preferred to watch- in countries where both leagues were equally publicized it would be pretty even.

A little bit of anecdotal evidence here- I went to the gambia recently and there were a hell of a lot of AC Milan shirts along with Arsenal and a few less Barcelona shirts worn by the football crazy population.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Iceman wrote:Well, its a European trophy, is it not? Thats the 11th placed team reaching the final and beating the likes of Juventus (who you've already stated as a CL contender) on the way.

As for the Carling Cup or the FA cup, they are competitions in England between English teams. The fact that a team can win it and then get relegated only shows how equal teams are, just like how you gave Sampdoria as an example.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose

The F.A cup is taken seriously- the Carling cup is not. The EL is the sort of competition that is not worth competing in unless you are intending to win it- and the amount of sides that want to win it are low. This must have been Fullham's intention and they had a great run.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:35 pm

The Carling Cup was taken very seriously by Arsenal. Europa League was taken very seriously by Juventus - it was their only shot at a trophy. Discrediting them is wrong. Saying that teams don't try, and generalizing so that you make the trophy seem less valuable is also not correct. Teams cared, and they tried.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm

I can assure you Juventus didn't care about the EL- for a club with such a prestigious history it is just not a goal.

Like I said- sometimes clubs will decide to go for it- it's the sort of trophy where you are in it to win it- or not in it at all. Generally It is not valued across Italy, Spain and England which is why far inferior sides often win it.

Anyway- this is vastly turning into an argument about if the EL is worth it or not.

I've said my preference for watching Italian football- and conceded that at the moment the quality of the top 6 of England is superior to that of the top 6 of Italy- but it's a matter of preference as to which league is "better" Both are very popular across the world.

I've also stated how I believe Serie A will catch up again to the quality of the EPL- only time will tell.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

Drawbacks:

Stadiums

Violence

Managers

Old Players

Ads:

Atmosphere

Talent

Skill

Financial Management aka keeping it reasonable
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 am

The Italian style of play is more fluid and skillful, while the EPL style is one of constant hard fouls - If you are a fan of an EPL club, it is almost inevitable that one of your most important players will miss time with a nasty injury picked up from a violent tackle. Arsenal alone lost Robin Van Persie this year and Aaron Ramsey last year for extended time to hard fouls in league play. It's not just Arsenal - Tottenham fans will have to enjoy not watching Jermaine DeFoe for seven more weeks, Everton fans Jack Rodwell, Tottenham fans Luka Modric, etc. Why? Because these players are subject to constant fouling and aggressive slide tackling, which is the EPL style of play. On a Serie A pitch, there are fouls and slide tackles, but you are more likely to see fluid passing and individual skill over broken shins.

From when did Rodwell became Everton's most important player?

Van Persie,Defoe,Modric and Rodwell all got injured when on national duty.Poorly researched article.

Some of the other reasons given are childish and has nothing to do with football.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:30 am

Poorly written article however I do agree with a few points.

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The dizz Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 am

whoever said serie a has no atmosphere needs a slap!
even sir alex has stated many a time about the lack of atmosphere at the epl's biggest club ,despite it being a 75k sell out every week.

even half filled stadiums in italy create a better atmosphere than packed solid argos catologue epl grounds.

iv been to many epl games and many serie a (the best being lazio v roma obv) and serie a smashes it everytime.

so dont give me no BS! 🎅
The dizz
The dizz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:55 am

Agreed with OP but whoever said "Old players" Bit of a cliche. Not really true which is why EPL clubs want Sanchez and Pastore and took Balotelli last year.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Agree serie a is the best... but this article is missing all the good points and brings up stupid ones.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, putting aside which league I find is better, the article is quite poor... it's a twitter post at best. Some points were ok, but if you're gunna make an attack of the sort, do it right. I mean he brings up the presidents and doesn't even mention the king of them all... MAURIZIO ZAMPARINI!

And the arguments made about atmosphere without a doubt go in Serie A's favor. The atmosphere in Serie A stadiums is great, but I notice that sometimes the way it's covered and broadcasted, especially on non-Italian television channels, doesn't really do it justice.

And when it comes to the derbies, there's really nothing like it in the EPL imo. Roma vs. Lazio, the Milano derby, Sampdoria vs. Genoa, and so on. The atmosphere is always really intense.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 pm

ErPupone wrote:Well, putting aside which league I find is better, the article is quite poor... it's a twitter post at best. Some points were ok, but if you're gunna make an attack of the sort, do it right. I mean he brings up the presidents and doesn't even mention the king of them all... MAURIZIO ZAMPARINI!

And the arguments made about atmosphere without a doubt go in Serie A's favor. The atmosphere in Serie A stadiums is great, but I notice that sometimes the way it's covered and broadcasted, especially on non-Italian television channels, doesn't really do it justice.

And when it comes to the derbies, there's really nothing like it in the EPL imo. Roma vs. Lazio, the Milano derby, Sampdoria vs. Genoa, and so on. The atmosphere is always really intense.
exactly spot on
need i say more?
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

ErPupone wrote:And when it comes to the derbies, there's really nothing like it in the EPL imo
Arsenal vs Manchester United

Manchester United vs Manchester City

Liverpool vs Manchester United

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Just as good, if not better, than most derbies in the football world, especially the Manchester derbies this year
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

The only Derby i find interesting in Serie A is the Milan one. Put it this way, id tune in to see 'Pool play United over watching Sampdoria vs Genoa
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Lex wrote:
ErPupone wrote:And when it comes to the derbies, there's really nothing like it in the EPL imo
Arsenal vs Manchester United

Manchester United vs Manchester City

Liverpool vs Manchester United

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Just as good, if not better, than most derbies in the football world, especially the Manchester derbies this year

Lex wrote:The only Derby i find interesting in Serie A is the Milan one. Put it this way, id tune in to see 'Pool play United over watching Sampdoria vs Genoa

I was talking about the atmosphere, not the actual game itself. Yes the atmosphere in the EPL is good because the stands are so close to the pitch and so on. But it's still not as good as the atmosphere during some Italian derbies. There's just so much more intensity.

And as for Sampdoria vs. Genoa, don't speak so soon... it's an extremely underrated derby. Of course they don't have the big names like those in the Manchester derby or Pool vs. Man. United, but the games are always phenomenal, always amongst the best Serie A matches of the season.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Serie A has always been better, the EPL can't even compare to us Historically for crying out loud. We created legends, we are the most competitive league. The most respected and Successful then any other league. Names like Diego Maradona speak for themselves. EPL's midtable can't even compare to Serie A's. They depend mostly on forginers; players and coaches: 70% is all foreign by the way, and in Serie A 60% is Italian... Tactics don't even compare, were just better at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm

sciacca wrote:The most respected and Successful then any other league
Indeed

2006 Italian Football Scandal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

ErPupone wrote:I was talking about the atmosphere, not the actual game itself. Yes the atmosphere in the EPL is good because the stands are so close to the pitch and so on. But it's still not as good as the atmosphere during some Italian derbies. There's just so much more intensity
But you can't just say a derby is good because of the atmosphere alone, otherwise league 1 and 2 games in England would smash both top tier leagues because fans there are more passionate about their local teams. Just because the fans are more rowdy doesn't necessarily mean the games are automatically gold standard
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Lex wrote:
ErPupone wrote:I was talking about the atmosphere, not the actual game itself. Yes the atmosphere in the EPL is good because the stands are so close to the pitch and so on. But it's still not as good as the atmosphere during some Italian derbies. There's just so much more intensity

But you can't just say a derby is good because of the atmosphere alone, otherwise league 1 and 2 games in England would smash both top tier leagues because fans there are more passionate about their local teams. Just because the fans are more rowdy doesn't necessarily mean the games are automatically gold standard

I never said that, I was strictly refering to the atmosphere argument. It was all intended to be in the same point on my first post.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Lex wrote:
sciacca wrote:The most respected and Successful then any other league
Indeed

2006 Italian Football Scandal

I meant as a whole. Meaning when legends are created, where we have some of the best clubs, I basically mentioned everything before. Basically the whole historic background within Italian football.

Take Gary Neville for example. Just look at his reaction. That's respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Lex wrote:

Serie A have ultras. Most of the fans in the stadium in the curves are the ultra. The most passionate fans you see around, something England actually lack :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Lex wrote:
It kinda does though. There's a reason The Guardian claims that the superclasico is the very best sporting experience in the world, and not the Barcelona vs Madrid, Inter vs Juve and Liverpool vs United of the world. Both teams are shit right now, hell, River has some serious chances of getting relegated on Sunday, but it's all about the atmosphere. I guess my overall point is that, at times, passionate fans can make up for a lesser degree of quality.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Fair enough, if we're talking about atmosphere alone, other leagues trump the EPL
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lex wrote:
It kinda does though. There's a reason The Guardian claims that the superclasico is the very best sporting experience in the world, and not the Barcelona vs Madrid, Inter vs Juve and Liverpool vs United of the world. Both teams are shit right now, hell, River has some serious chances of getting relegated on Sunday, but it's all about the atmosphere. I guess my overall point is that, at times, passionate fans can make up for a lesser degree of quality.

Exactly, take for example Genoa and Sampdoria... Where do you see these atmosphere's in England? Thats what I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

sciacca wrote:take for example Genoa and Sampdoria... Where do you see these atmosphere's in England? Thats what I thought
Absolutely nowhere

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next