Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager

+2
iNFINITY9910
Kick
6 posters

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager Empty Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager

Post by Kick Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 am

I want a serious topic about either or both managing the club next year. I personally do not know how much Control JT has at the moment and I am not going to comment on that. However, I would be wrong in saying JT has no control.

Personally I think depending on the transfers they could work as long as this form continues. The way I would set it up would be to give RDM control of transfers, Tactics, formations and subs. As well as giving control of the dressing room and motivation to Terry. With that kind of balance the players would play well and we could end up moving forward with the 'project' if RDM makes the right choices. However, I don't think this is a long term fix but it could be the fix untill we get Mourinho/Guardiola/Klopp/Hiddink.

It's an unlikely situation but I don't see why this wouldn't work unless this is just the 'hunnymoon' period and our form dips again.

Thoughts and opinions on RDM/JT?

Last edited by Kick on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 am

Its already happening...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo/John Terry as manager

Post by Soul Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 am

In the end its all about results and if that's positive, the only argument left is how they could plan the future? Obviously they aren't sane enough to voluntarily sit on the bench and make way for youngsters for the future considering the income they'll have to forgo to do so.

This isn't an ideal long term method.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 am

^^ the last line...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 pm

I am talking about next season infinity.

If Pep signs a new contract and Jose indeed stays at Madrid we need a short term option for next season, thats why I am talking about this option.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Hmm... thats assuming that nothing like the Bridge/Ferdinand or some other case comes up against Terry...

But anyways JT is the captain, he is responsible for the dressing room morale and motivation factors... there is nothing new there.. if he gets involved with tactics then thats another thing.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:51 pm

I doubt the court case will effect it, Terry will remain our captain till he retires and I don't think he will retire for a while.

Can anyone come up with any reasons not to try it next year? The only one I can come up with is inexperience.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Nope mate, not the court case... I'm talking about things that could happen.. Terry has been under pressure with similar cases quite often...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 am

Do like we did bring in a legend who has won it all and that all players will be quiet to hmm Vialli ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 am

DeviAngel wrote:Do like we did bring in a legend who has won it all and that all players will be quiet to hmm Vialli ?

There can be only one option, Zola.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:51 am

6 managers in 6 years, with names like Carlo Ancelotti, Felipe Scolari and Jose Mourinho getting the boot. These are not your average Joe’s in soccer management, they are heavyweights, proven winners with a track record over time.

Seriously one stupid numpty or one clever bloke looking for a quick 6 to 8 million will take that job. It is start from scratch all over again. Who wants to manage footballers throwing tantrums and deliberately playing bad cause they are getting on with age. Who ever is coming in next is going to get fired just like the others
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 am

Its not a case of deliberately playing bad.. its just that morale is down. Then their form goes down and in the end everything goes in the wrong direction. They never threw tantrums like Tevez or Balotelli.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 am

Ignore spoony, he isn't even contributing to the thread. All of what he says is offtopic.

I have my doubts about RDM handling the job alone so Terry for me is key to RDM's success.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:53 am

It's Di Matteo... :facepalm:

Anyway, Terry as manager would be horrible for any club.

But if Di Matteo continues to do well for Chelsea, it'll be interesting in the summer, seeing what happens to Chelsea's managerial position...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 am

Lol my bad, why don't you think JT would be a good manager?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

Well.. RDM had a fantastic start with West Brom. I remember people discussing possibilities of seeing them in Europa League.

Didn't turn out that way, did it? Aaaaaand he was sacked shortly afterwards.

Food for thought?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am

That is why I don't see him as a lone long term option, JT will have to be involved if we want success long term.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

Terry doesn't seem to me like a person who would possess enough know-how and mental attributes to become a good manager. He can be a leader on the field, but being manager is a different thing. I can't imagine Terry making shrewd transfers, outsmarting the opposing manager tactically nor being the best man-manager. He has also got this racism allegation dragging on, there was the thing with Wayne Bridge's woman.. I dunno if he can gain the unquestioned respect in the eyes of all players. No, JT isn't manager potential, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Terry doesn't seem to me like a person who would possess enough know-how and mental attributes to become a good manager. He can be a leader on the field, but being manager is a different thing. I can't imagine Terry making shrewd transfers, outsmarting the opposing manager tactically nor being the best man-manager. He has also got this racism allegation dragging on, there was the thing with Wayne Bridge's woman.. I dunno if he can gain the unquestioned respect in the eyes of all players. No, JT isn't manager potential, imo.

The last two sentences are way off. JT has the respect of EVERYONE at chelsea for a very long time.

Also, I believe he would be a great man-manager and motivater. While he might not be the best at tactics he sure has had a few different managers in his time so he will know his fair share of them, whether he could apply them is another thing but he wouldn't be horrible tactic wise. His transfers would be my biggest worry but with help from Scouts and our DoF he could make some decent transfers. I doubt he is the kind to outsmart the other team with tactics but with someone who is great with Tactics by his side I don't think that will be much of a problem.

He is manager quality in my eyes ass long as he listens to those around him and gets an assistant who is great with Tactics.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I think Lampard is better suited for a manager role..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Lampard would be better Tacticly,

JT would be better at man managing.

Imo, they would do well together as managers.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Which is quite unlikely as well tbh.. reaslistically speaking..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 am

I agree but I would love to see it!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Kick wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Do like we did bring in a legend who has won it all and that all players will be quiet to hmm Vialli ?

There can be only one option, Zola.

I forgot about him :facepalm:

Zola is great choice so is Vialli

Di Matteo is great and will be great manager but in other club this players won't look at him as manager but as friend aka Ciro Ferrara thing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 am

Kick wrote:I agree but I would love to see it!

I would love to see Torres scoring on every game together with Drogba...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down