Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate?

+5
Milan31
baresi
DRK
Cookie Monster
nichabr
9 posters

Go down

Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate? Empty Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate?

Post by nichabr Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Seriously hes had like 4 good games in a row now and he had a beastly one today IMO...Hes been very important this season with all the injuries and im starting to actually see why we aren't getting rid of him.

I know i might be breaking the trend here but im giving him some praise because i feel no one else will.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate? Empty Re: Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate?

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm

He's been solid this year.

He still has a tendency to get burned by pacy players and he doesn't have the intelligence to make up for that (like Nesta). Despite his good form, I always get the feeling that he's a mistake waiting to happen. Years of watching him have made it impossible for me not to feel that way lol.

Giving credit where credit is due though, he has been a reliable backup this year.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate? Empty Re: Is Bonera going through a similar transformation as Abate?

Post by DRK Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:29 pm

I have noticed this year he hasn't been as bad as he was last year. I just hope he continues his run of decent games. But I have noticed he has been solid this year.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 pm

well since Silva would be out against Barca lets see how we does, but I agree here this season he has lived up to the hype he had long time ago.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

I never thought I would said this, but Bonera has been pretty solid back up for us this year. Like Cookie said though, I still always worry about him regardless.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:44 am

Milan31 wrote:I never thought I would said this, but Bonera has been pretty solid back up for us this year. Like Cookie said though, I still always worry about him regardless.

even antnini
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

I'M a bit surprised by him becoming SO good . wasn't he hopeless until last year ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:57 am

Bénin wrote:I'M a bit surprised by him becoming SO good . wasn't he hopeless until last year ?

he was hopeless since forever at Milan Laughing

Anyhow , guys you kind of stretching it with Bonera.. he's just having a good season , like 06-08 times , that's all . No need for comparisons with Abate or with any top defender in that case. Bonera will never be one Laughing , because he often acts like a dog on 1vs1 ;
He just goes there to bark he's here , but that's just it banana

If he was a bit more aggressive in 1vs1 in his carreer , he would have been a really great defender today . So , overall. Just a good season , no need for over rating .
Though , on his day , he can be almost faultless and play really smart , i won't deny him that.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 am

Dante summarised this very well in my eyes, though I feel he's too kind with his final line, though Bonera is having an unusually calm season. I'm forced to endorse Bonera for our match against Barcelona given our injury crisis, however it's a very reactive decision in the wish for a narrower defence rather than the use of a traditional fullback. Not wishing to detract from Bonera's fairly stable season, however he's had more protection from our midfield than we've had for a few years as Allegri has restructured the midfield around Van Bommel and a more stable presence on the right in Abate.

Whilst it's not the friendliest idea to express, if we're to survive the game against Barcelona without conceding a damaging scoreline then we're going to need Bonera to have not only one of his most tactically astute matches ever, but one of his dirtiest. He needs to be prepared to get stuck in like he never has before. He won't though, sadly.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Dante summarised this very well in my eyes, though I feel he's too kind with his final line, though Bonera is having an unusually calm season. I'm forced to endorse Bonera for our match against Barcelona given our injury crisis, however it's a very reactive decision in the wish for a narrower defence rather than the use of a traditional fullback. Not wishing to detract from Bonera's fairly stable season, however he's had more protection from our midfield than we've had for a few years as Allegri has restructured the midfield around Van Bommel and a more stable presence on the right in Abate.

Whilst it's not the friendliest idea to express, if we're to survive the game against Barcelona without conceding a damaging scoreline then we're going to need Bonera to have not only one of his most tactically astute matches ever, but one of his dirtiest. He needs to be prepared to get stuck in like he never has before. He won't though, sadly.

Indeed mate , he won't . Why begin now :coffee:

He is almost all he can be as a football player and as a defender in particular. It will require something really extreme for Bonera to be-play-perform like you suggest .

It's not that he can't , it's just late to change a mentality formed after so many years. Even if he is still able for it , i am not sure if Milan would allow him the freedom to become something more. Maldini , Nesta , Silva and even Kaladze have stalled him enough in previous years , he can't surpass expectations in some days , though you already get that .

Let's just keep it a good season and we are fine Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum