Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

+14
Nishankly
StevieRayVaughan
FennecFox7
The Franchise
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Arquitecto
jibers
Lord Hades
urbaNRoots
Tifoso Romanista
Le Samourai
Travis_RM_91
Tomasso
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

Post by Tomasso Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 am

Arquitecto wrote:I honestly cannot tell if this Travis guy is trolling or not.

Few times in a month I see posts riddled with so many contradictions, ignorance and such poor reasoning or ignorance.

I really can't tell.

If not, than I'll handle this tomorrow.

What a joke

Travis is trolling? LMAO. He's expressing his opinion giving details of why he doesn't think Suarez is world-class and you are just sitting there trying to discredit him (poorly I might add), while offering no explanation as to why you disagree. You really aren't helping your case of convincing world football that Suarez is world-class.

Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you consider Luis Suarez to be a World-Class striker?

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 am

Tomasso wrote:

Few times in a month I see posts riddled with so many contradictions, ignorance and such poor reasoning or ignorance.

I really can't tell.

What a joke

Travis is trolling? LMAO. He's expressing his opinion giving details of why he doesn't think Suarez is world-class and you are just sitting there trying to discredit him (poorly I might add), while offering no explanation as to why you disagree. You really aren't helping your case of convincing world football that Suarez is world-class.

Name 5 player that can play better than him in his original post (F/Am)
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 am

I really can't tell.

What a joke

I agree with you on that , I literally have to make a face Palm every time i see some extremely biased opinions from that user , Ex : International performance doesn't matter , excuse me Mr Maradona or Pele , according to Mr Travis your goals doesn't matter and playing in national team is not an honor , you shouldn't have scored , because it doesn't matter !
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 am

Suarez has hit the bar.post like 15 times.. hes defently world class btw, he creates pretty much everything.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:36 am

I really can't tell.

What a joke

You know you are correct when the other person accuses you of trolling. That is the ultimate white flag in the war of debate.

@

I really can't tell.

What a joke
Epic Romanista - Don't bring your YA beef up in this place lol.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 am

Excuse the double quote, I'm having a slight problem with my internet. My bad.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:28 am

Travis_RM_91 wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

You know you are correct when the other person accuses you of trolling. That is the ultimate white flag in the war of debate.

@

I really can't tell.

What a joke

It doesn't have anything to do with Y.A , the problem is that you dont realize the importance of just playing for National team , A True player would play at his best for his Country Despite all the tiredness and fatigue of playing the full season in the club and considering it as a not important enough thing is a big Mistake . You are bashing a player that has the best average ranking in his team and comparing it to Benzema that even his spot in his team in under question
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:42 am

Epicology wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

@

I really can't tell.

What a joke

It doesn't have anything to do with Y.A , the problem is that you dont realize the importance of just playing for National team , A True player would play at his best for his Country Despite all the tiredness and fatigue of playing the full season in the club and considering it as a not important enough thing is a big Mistake . You are bashing a player that has the best average ranking in his team and comparing it to Benzema that even his spot in his team in under question

Nikola Zigic has a regular spot nailed down at Birmingham City, so I guess Benzema isn't fit to be compared right? Lol. Poor logic.

Suarez hasn't delivered and the stats show that.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 am

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Epicology wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

@

I really can't tell.

What a joke

Nikola Zigic has a regular spot nailed down at Birmingham City, so I guess Benzema isn't fit to be compared right? Lol. Poor logic.

Suarez hasn't delivered and the stats show that.

why are you talking about Zigic here ?Its not Even Funny , Higuain has a better goal Ratio that put his spot under Question , Stats also shows that his(Suarez) average ranking is more than all his team mates , He was bought to play as a SS but he isnt due to the fact that other transfers that Liverpool had were not good enough , to be Honest I'm kinda dubious if you know what does second/Supporting striker do !
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:55 am

I dont think Suarez is world class by any means yet, but he is so full of talent that I think next season he will go crazy. Despite all my hate for Suarez, I see him becoming a world class player.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 am

Tomasso wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

Tomasso, what part of this did you not understand?

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:He is a world class player.

He is not a world class striker though.

Only Lpool fans and Uruguayans think Suarez is World class. International performance means nothing. If it did we'd be talking about Milan Baros in a similar breath to Alan Shearer lol.

Suarez IS a striker, an SS to be more specific. SS scores and creates.

A few players with more goals than Suarez: Odemwingie, Ivan Klasnic, Steve Fletcher, Heidur Helguson.

A few forwards/AM's with more assists - John Walters, Gabriel Agbonlahore, Andy Johnson, Wes Hoolahan. Adebayor has precise 4 the amount of assists as Suarez.

Liverpool fans brought Suarez in to score goals, lots of goals. He failed miserably at that. So then they pointed to his creativity and allegedly not being at true striker as an excuse to hide behind, they said he is there to create. He has failed even more miserably at that.

Truth is, Suarez is a flop in the EPL and is not even remotely World Class.

Suarez was bought to play alongside Judas. Same way he linked up brilliantly with KJH in Ajax. Then Judas left and the whole plan went tits up.

Suarez flop ? Fak,, I've heard it all now. He has 13 goals and 10 assists in all comps despite missing 10 games because of suspension. Give me more flops like that please.

Also in touching distance of being Uruguay's top scorer of all time at age of 25.

We, as a whole are inept in attacking department because of some mistakes made in transfer market. Hopefully we'll rectify them in summer, and we'll see how Suarez does when he is surroundered by intelligent footballers as opposed to static ones.

Lol, don't sugar coat things. He has that total in 40+ games, that's fine, apart from the fact he scored a lot of them in the Mickey Mouse cup against some Mickey Mouse opposition from the lower tiers. Looking at THIS season, several players playing in mediocre teams like Bolton, Norwich and Blackburn are WAY out infront of Suarez in assists and goals, and their attacking units are nout special on the best of days. This season he has flopped. His 3 league assists and 7 goals don't even begin to justify his terrible conduct, the racism AND the Fulham incident. International goalscorer? Milan Baros has a pretty good scoring touch on international duty too.

How the fak does the Evra incident and Fulham get into this ?

And Suarez has 3 league assists? where the hell do you get this crap from

He's won 5 penalties alone as I can remember from top of my head.

O yea, WE REALLY DID BEAT MICKEY MOUSE OPPOSITE TO WIN CARLING CUP.

STOKE AWAY, CHELSEA AWAY, AND MAN CITY OVER 2 LEGS ....WHAT A FAKING MICKEY MOUSE. That has been harder than RM's route in CL so far ffs.

Exactly why I hate RM fans in this forum (with exception of a few). Bunch of sky washed, dumb, pass whatever you head gobshites who are still bitter over getting bummed in and out 3 years ago under Sir Rafael Benitez.

Go watch Sky and read the Sun, where they tell you Roy Hodgson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez

soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/125088/luis-su%C3%A1rez?cc=5739 < Luis Suarez stats. Every other site I double checked on says the same.

Fulham and Evra? Well, if a player is going to have a bad image and a bad disciplinary record, he needs to back it up with bloody good football, and Suarez hasn't. That's where it gets into this.

RM's route to the CL Final? Bayern are a superior team with extra motivated. CSKA are better than Stoke. It isn't harder. What about the FA Cup and your games with Brighton ect? Mickey Mouse. Chelsea? Yea, you sure showed AVB's second string whose boss. Remember that Suarez didn't play against City or Chelsea in that Cup.

Since when does the team you support correlate to the way you see things? Nonsense talk. Do you have to be a Real Madrid fan to realise that Suarez has proved himself not worth it and overrated? He is nowhere near as good as someone like Benzema right now lol. Not even remotely World Class.

Bitter over Benitez' win over Madrid? Why? Rafa Benitez is a Real Madrid man with something like 150 apps for Castilla. Madrid like Rafa. Nothing like a bit of ignorance to spark up a forum haha.

I never read The Sun newspaper and I doubt that it is a regular source of inspiration and information for Madridistas LOL.

Why do you care so much about Suarez? He left your club and hasn't looked back, you don't see me getting sensitive over what Robinho or Van Der Vaart do with their lives. That might change when Liverpool fork him out for a cut-price after a few more years of flopping.

You see Travis, I for one know you don't watch Suarez a weekly basis as I can take a guess you do so maybe 1-2 games once every full moon.

Let me start.

You discredit Luis Suarez on his international performances, which is held almost if not as important as club performances. For some odd reason, you keep on bringing up Milan Barros, who is does in fact deserve his plaudits for his international form. Yet, Suarez, who plays for Uruguay, which is a top 5 international team with far far more pressure than playing for Czech Republic, and Suarez who just turned 25 is well on his way on becoming their top scorer along with the fact that internationally, he is far far better than the common front players of today who are labeled as world class. So based on international form, he is world class any day of the year.

How you even begin to discredit international form is beyond me. I guess than Miroslav Klose an average striker because he has had an average club career right?

Another hilarious fallacy you bring up is how Suarez has made 40+ appearances, yet quite obviously without looking, you are counting his international games played as well, whereas for club he has played only 31 appearances and 24 in the EPL. So bring some research that isn't skewed here.

You say Suarez has played SS, yes he has yet you fail to name the multiple times Suarez has been deployed in a much wider position, therefore sacrificing his goal scoring chances. Yet, if you stopped dictating to Liverpool fans on what his role is, you would understand that his PRIME role is to bring influence to his team with his vision, passing and general play along with chances created, defenders brought out of position, and overall impact made, which he has done SUPERBLY. I agree he should be scoring more, but after coming from the worst debacle he will face in his career (the racism saga) I wouldn't blame the man considering how much it can actually cripple you due to the media pressure, scrutiny, and antagonistic criticism etc etc.

You speak of playing "bloody good football", I guess this means just numbers to you right as you fail to take into account how good of football Suarez is actually playing. Lets take Benzema and Higuin debate into account. Higgy is generally known as a better goal scorer, yet Benzema is known as a better football player, Benzema may be in great form, yet lets not forget the one and a half year he flopped for Madrid. I state this because you say he has been "flopping" for Liverpool and in the PL while it has QUITE OBVIOUSLY been the opposite. Suarez scored only 4 goals in the year he was brought in, yet labelled world class for his performances. Benzema wasn't applauded for anything until his form picked up. You speak of how Suarez isn't as good as Benzema, as Benz atm is better in goalscoring, yet Suarez easily overtakes him in general play and influence/impact outside that and its also funny that by 1 and a half year of performance by Benz you completely use this a measure which is quite laughable. Try to see where I am going here. So basically, since you clearly think only black and white, you will fail to understand that stats are an extremely arbitrary form of argument to prove a players performance and worth for his club. You fail to take into account his importance and influence for his team, how many times he has hit the post, how many goals wrongfully disallowed, how poor his service is, how bad the frontline tactics are. All very hypothetical, but it ends up as a measure of how good a player actually is.

The part where you brought the stats of other PL players in comparison is incredibly contradictory and simplistic in thought to even counter argue. How few factors did you take into account to even come up with that?

You label suarez a flop just by stats when the season hasn't even ended, yet you clearly did not think this through considering the countless amounts of superb performances he has been putting for his club. You would not see a single fan or pundit or journalist with a sound football mind to even label him close to a flop for Liverpool at the moment.

But I know you won't notice that since numbers only matter to you which is a poor and elementary form of measure on a player.

How you also discount the teams he has performed against without any basis and pathetic reasoning is not even worth responding to.

Whats even worse is how you bring the whole racism saga to prove you point while its clear you don't possess much knowledge of it or whether its justified. My advice, don't go on subjects you don't know enough about.

Seriously, I don't even know why I'm wasting time with this.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 am

Tomasso wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Only Lpool fans and Uruguayans think Suarez is World class. International performance means nothing. If it did we'd be talking about Milan Baros in a similar breath to Alan Shearer lol.

A few players with more goals than Suarez: Odemwingie, Ivan Klasnic, Steve Fletcher, Heidur Helguson.

A few forwards/AM's with more assists - John Walters, Gabriel Agbonlahore, Andy Johnson, Wes Hoolahan. Adebayor has precise 4 the amount of assists as Suarez.

Liverpool fans brought Suarez in to score goals, lots of goals. He failed miserably at that. So then they pointed to his creativity and allegedly not being at true striker as an excuse to hide behind, they said he is there to create. He has failed even more miserably at that.

Suarez was bought to play alongside Judas. Same way he linked up brilliantly with KJH in Ajax. Then Judas left and the whole plan went tits up.

Suarez flop ? Fak,, I've heard it all now. He has 13 goals and 10 assists in all comps despite missing 10 games because of suspension. Give me more flops like that please.

Also in touching distance of being Uruguay's top scorer of all time at age of 25.

We, as a whole are inept in attacking department because of some mistakes made in transfer market. Hopefully we'll rectify them in summer, and we'll see how Suarez does when he is surroundered by intelligent footballers as opposed to static ones.

Lol, don't sugar coat things. He has that total in 40+ games, that's fine, apart from the fact he scored a lot of them in the Mickey Mouse cup against some Mickey Mouse opposition from the lower tiers. Looking at THIS season, several players playing in mediocre teams like Bolton, Norwich and Blackburn are WAY out infront of Suarez in assists and goals, and their attacking units are nout special on the best of days. This season he has flopped. His 3 league assists and 7 goals don't even begin to justify his terrible conduct, the racism AND the Fulham incident. International goalscorer? Milan Baros has a pretty good scoring touch on international duty too.

STOKE AWAY, CHELSEA AWAY, AND MAN CITY OVER 2 LEGS ....WHAT A FAKING MICKEY MOUSE. That has been harder than RM's route in CL so far ffs.

Exactly why I hate RM fans in this forum (with exception of a few). Bunch of sky washed, dumb, pass whatever you head gobshites who are still bitter over getting bummed in and out 3 years ago under Sir Rafael Benitez.

Go watch Sky and read the Sun, where they tell you Roy Hodgson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez

soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/125088/luis-su%C3%A1rez?cc=5739 < Luis Suarez stats. Every other site I double checked on says the same.

Fulham and Evra? Well, if a player is going to have a bad image and a bad disciplinary record, he needs to back it up with bloody good football, and Suarez hasn't. That's where it gets into this.

RM's route to the CL Final? Bayern are a superior team with extra motivated. CSKA are better than Stoke. It isn't harder. What about the FA Cup and your games with Brighton ect? Mickey Mouse. Chelsea? Yea, you sure showed AVB's second string whose boss. Remember that Suarez didn't play against City or Chelsea in that Cup.

Since when does the team you support correlate to the way you see things? Nonsense talk. Do you have to be a Real Madrid fan to realise that Suarez has proved himself not worth it and overrated? He is nowhere near as good as someone like Benzema right now lol. Not even remotely World Class.

Bitter over Benitez' win over Madrid? Why? Rafa Benitez is a Real Madrid man with something like 150 apps for Castilla. Madrid like Rafa. Nothing like a bit of ignorance to spark up a forum haha.

I never read The Sun newspaper and I doubt that it is a regular source of inspiration and information for Madridistas LOL.

Why do you care so much about Suarez? He left your club and hasn't looked back, you don't see me getting sensitive over what Robinho or Van Der Vaart do with their lives. That might change when Liverpool fork him out for a cut-price after a few more years of flopping.

You see Travis, I for one know you don't watch Suarez a weekly basis as I can take a guess you do so maybe 1-2 games once every full moon.

Let me start.

You discredit Luis Suarez on his international performances, which is held almost if not as important as club performances. For some odd reason, you keep on bringing up Milan Barros, who is does in fact deserve his plaudits for his international form. Yet, Suarez, who plays for Uruguay, which is a top 5 international team with far far more pressure than playing for Czech Republic, and Suarez who just turned 25 is well on his way on becoming their top scorer along with the fact that internationally, he is far far better than the common front players of today who are labeled as world class. So based on international form, he is world class any day of the year.

How you even begin to discredit international form is beyond me. I guess than Miroslav Klose an average striker because he has had an average club career right?

Another hilarious fallacy you bring up is how Suarez has made 40+ appearances, yet quite obviously without looking, you are counting his international games played as well, whereas for club he has played only 31 appearances and 24 in the EPL. So bring some research that isn't skewed here.

You say Suarez has played SS, yes he has yet you fail to name the multiple times Suarez has been deployed in a much wider position, therefore sacrificing his goal scoring chances. Yet, if you stopped dictating to Liverpool fans on what his role is, you would understand that his PRIME role is to bring influence to his team with his vision, passing and general play along with chances created, defenders brought out of position, and overall impact made, which he has done SUPERBLY. I agree he should be scoring more, but after coming from the worst debacle he will face in his career (the racism saga) I wouldn't blame the man considering how much it can actually cripple you due to the media pressure, scrutiny, and antagonistic criticism etc etc.

You speak of playing "bloody good football", I guess this means just numbers to you right as you fail to take into account how good of football Suarez is actually playing. Lets take Benzema and Higuin debate into account. Higgy is generally known as a better goal scorer, yet Benzema is known as a better football player, Benzema may be in great form, yet lets not forget the one and a half year he flopped for Madrid. I state this because you say he has been "flopping" for Liverpool and in the PL while it has QUITE OBVIOUSLY been the opposite. Suarez scored only 4 goals in the year he was brought in, yet labelled world class for his performances. Benzema wasn't applauded for anything until his form picked up. You speak of how Suarez isn't as good as Benzema, as Benz atm is better in goalscoring, yet Suarez easily overtakes him in general play and influence/impact outside that and its also funny that by 1 and a half year of performance by Benz you completely use this a measure which is quite laughable. Try to see where I am going here. So basically, since you clearly think only black and white, you will fail to understand that stats are an extremely arbitrary form of argument to prove a players performance and worth for his club. You fail to take into account his importance and influence for his team, how many times he has hit the post, how many goals wrongfully disallowed, how poor his service is, how bad the frontline tactics are. All very hypothetical, but it ends up as a measure of how good a player actually is.

The part where you brought the stats of other PL players in comparison is incredibly contradictory and simplistic in thought to even counter argue. How few factors did you take into account to even come up with that?

You label suarez a flop just by stats when the season hasn't even ended, yet you clearly did not think this through considering the countless amounts of superb performances he has been putting for his club. You would not see a single fan or pundit or journalist with a sound football mind to even label him close to a flop for Liverpool at the moment.

But I know you won't notice that since numbers only matter to you which is a poor and elementary form of measure on a player.

How you also discount the teams he has performed against without any basis and pathetic reasoning is not even worth responding to.

Whats even worse is how you bring the whole racism saga to prove you point while its clear you don't possess much knowledge of it or whether its justified. My advice, don't go on subjects you don't know enough about.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Tomasso wrote:

I really can't tell.

What a joke

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Schweini wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Let me start.

You criticise my use of stats without saying why they're bad, other than implying that stats are kids stuff. The stats simply aren't good enough. Not enough goal scoring, not good enough creating. The fact Liverpool have won something like 1 in the last 7 with this guy and had 9 home draws in the league all season, to me, suggests Suarez adds no potency to Liverpools attack. Tell me another ''World Class'' attacking player with as poorer stats as Suarez? You say the use of stats is stupid, but if Suarez had the stats on his side, you'd be using them. But the stats are heavily stacked against him.

I'm not discrediting international football, I'm just saying that that alone can't make you a great player, especially when it is club not country who you turn out for every week.

It seems that, in desperation, L'pool fans will think of whatever they can to sugar coat the mass shortcomings of Luis Suarez, but the truth is it's not been good enough.

And to say Benzema offers little outside the box is very ignorant lol, he clearly creates a lot of chances for others and he is a player who possesses skill.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:58 pm

I agree with basically everything you said...except this part.

Arquitecto wrote:

Benz atm is better in goalscoring, yet Suarez easily overtakes him in general play and influence/impact

That simply...is not true.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:58 pm

http://www.fullmatches.net/

Download full matches free and WATCH them.

Suarez doesnt score, Suarez doesnt assist. But it doesnt matter if Suarez gives an 8.5/10 in every f*cking game. We only want stats.

SMH.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Suarez has 44games 16 goals and 10 assists.

What more can you get from a team that has a 8.2% chance of getting a goal on a shot?

He doesnt even play Striker, He plays behind the striker.

Lucas and Suarez have been the only shining lights in the last two seasons.

Yes, he has an "on off" mind and his antics make everyone hate him. But he gives people no reason other than poor finishing to hate his football. Any team we play against till the end of the season will have more players marking Suarez than our target man, Why? Because he is obviously the player to watch out for. He is the creator and the occasional finisher. In 1 year these defenses have learned what happens when you be light on him.

Suarez is a WC player to be raping defense's at this level single handedly. The only problems of his game are poor finishing and exaggeration.

Tbh i would pay 22 million just to watch Suarez do that to United if i had the money. xD

You can keep going on about the stats. But you need to see how Suarez does on the pitch to make this type of thread.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Nishank wrote: Any team we play against till the end of the season will have more players marking Suarez than our target man, Why? Because he is obviously the player to watch out for.

With all due respect, Andy Carroll playing target man would make Emile Heskey the player to watch out for. Liverpool brought in Suarez to score goals. He scored goals in the Eredivisie and he scores goals for Uruguay. It's not like he doesn't get easy chances to score - he does. It's just that he doesn't have the finishing ability required of a "world-class" striker in an elite league like the EPL. That's why he plays more of a creative role now, he had to adapt.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:Nikola Zigic has a regular spot nailed down at Birmingham City

Nope he hasnt :coffee:

he is a bench player in Brum, comes on as sub most of the time tho
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Suarez is NOT a world class player right now. He definitely has the talent and potential to become one, though. No question about that. Don't see what all the fighting is about.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm

with all due respect to his creative role, he does get a lot of chances, and he isnt very efficient at all in his finishing. until he improves that i am afraid, he isnt world class in my eyes
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:23 pm

@OP

YES, HE IS WC
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Tbf i thought he was one of the best players at the world cup and copa america. He probably is world class by todays standard for strikers, there arent a lot i would rather have in my team, his technical quality and team play is better than most. He needs to play for a top team at some point to get more recognition. Probably not a top 5 striker but definately top 10 atm imo

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

Just saw this thread.

Don't think he's a world-class striker... he's a second striker (I personally believe he's best played on the right myself)... and must be playing with someone with quality to get the best out of him. He hasn't had that this season... and it's something we as a club need to address in the summer. Think we'll start seeing the real Suarez as he's in the position to get into some great form atm as it looks as if he's put this whole Evra saga behind him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2