Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again"

+19
Doc
Zealous
The Messiah
DeviAngel
Raptorgunner
jibers
S32TABLANCA
nichabr
C.Marchisio #8
paperbackwriter
free_cat
VivaStPauli
The_ItalianFool
Milan31
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
Sushi Master
TrezeGent
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again" Empty Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 am

Former Juventus midfielder Marco Tardelli, who played for the Old Lady from 1975 until 1985, has stated his belief that Real Madrid attacker Gonzalo Higuain would be a good signing for the Serie A giants.

The 57-year-old Tardelli feels that the Bianconeri need three more signings in order to return to the top, and the former Italy star is of the opinion that the Argentine forward would be a valuable addition.

"It would take them three more signings in order to make that final leap in quality. And a striker of international class, someone like Higuain, would be very useful," Tardelli was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Additionally, they need another midfielder of the highest level, and a good back-up for Pirlo. Andrea will need to be rested occasionally for the Champions League next year."

Juventus currently sit second in Serie A, and are widely expected to qualify for next year's edition of European club football's elite tournament.

----------

Do you agree with Tardelli? What do Juventus need to be 'world class' once again?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again" Empty Re: Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again"

Post by TrezeGent Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 am

We need a vice-Pirlo, both a SS and a CF, and maybe a solid left back. I can't seem to trust De Ceglie who sometime looks great, sometimes flops so bad.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again" Empty Re: Tardelli: "It will take 3 signings to make Juventus one of the best in the world again"

Post by Sushi Master Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 am

Definitely the striker. Bench for their midfield. A good LB (a lot of teams with this problem...).

Maybe a world class winger? Really not much apart from more firepower and depth.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 am

Yup ,

messi , ronaldo and thiago silva should do the trick
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 am

I'd say..

Marco Verrati
Jovetic
Torres
Albiol/Carvalho......

Yea..that should do it.

De Cegile is great IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:54 am

A WC Striker and a backup for Pirlo and they will become a big threat.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:55 am

le samourai , i hope you arent serious about albiol / carvalho and torres? No
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 am

Albiol is a very very good CB.The Italian pace and semi-consistent playing time will honestly make him a revalation for whoever decides to pick him up.

He's unbelievably slowm, but at the very least tactically and technically sound,once it's not a high line he'd be a great signing for anyone....if not just as backup.

Torres- I have belief, I watch him alot and he plays well , he just dosen't score.It dosen't help with Ramires playing RM and often times Torres playing RM.He needs a consistent stream of chances more than anything.

But his movement is looking dangerous lately.

Anyway...can't be a bad signing if he's cheap enough...because he really is playing well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 am

well maybe albiol would do well there, but i still doubt that he has the required quality to take them to the next level

not carvalho for sure, he has really regressed since last season ..

torres has been playing well but he lacks some of the things an in form striker should have , confidence, composure and that 'selfishness' which strikers need to possess..
theres only a very limited extent to which you can blame other chelseap layers like sturidge for being selfish for example, torres just isnt the same guy anymore. not to mention his loss of pace has hurt him too

yeah sure if he regains his form he could help them, but i dont think he will be an improvement to what they already have

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am

He's regained some pace from what I've seen.The thing about him right now is he needs to score goals to get into that groove again, and for that you need chances which Ramires FC just aren't providing.

I think a stint anywhere else will help him.Somewhere where he'll get chances because he can't keep missing forever.And once he gets back the habit, he'll be fine.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

De Ceglie's been great, if anything we might need a backup for him.....

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:12 am

Isn't Tevez for sale? :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm not an expert on Juve, but I would say they need at least 4 WC players, not an easy task.

A WC striker(s), winger and CM.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:53 pm

I think Higuain would be perfect for them. Not that I don't want him in Madrid but he's always going to be a rotation player or Benzemas backup since Benz is a better player hands down and more fitting for our current system. I don't think Higuain is gonna force himself out, but he deserves to be the undisputed first striker in a top class team.

If Juve would've had Higuain this season, more than half of their draws would have been won. They lack a consistent goalscorer and you don't get one much better than Higuain.

I'd love to see him in Juve if he were to leave, I don't think it will happen in the summer but perhaps the next year.

Otherwise they should get Rossi even if it's a bit risky after his injury. Surely there is no future for him in Villarreal with no European spot or anything going for them.

For Pirlos backup I'd get Gago or even possible partner with Vidal out. Roma hasn't secured him and Real Madrid will want to sell him in the summer. He's now used to Serie A. Would be an excellent addition to the squad.

Winger? Hazard would be perfect but he's set for England it seems.

Juve shouldn't have any problems getting big talent with guaranteed CL footie, the capability to challange for Serie A and a well renowned historic club name.

Buffon
Lichsteiner-Barzagli-Chiellini-Ceglie/New LB
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Hazard-Higuain-Vucinic

That team would be world class...
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:55 pm

From my point of view if Conte plays 4-3-3 in 2012/2013 then we should buy solid LB (Kolarov) vice-Pirlo and Striker(Iguain,Torres,Van Persie). The most important is to buy WC striker then the others two because Juve has the best defense (I'm not saying that this defense will last in CL this good ) this season but not so good Attack and thats the main problem that Juve's facing this season and thats why Juve is second.
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Jovetic and maybe Montolivo and Juve would have a team capable of winning the CL in my opinion...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Higuain would be good for their big star CF signing, but expensive. Then Jovetic, and maybe Ander for their backup CM.

Or else, just keep Matri as the CF, Pepe as the right wing, and buy Hazard or Rossi or Nerman (Laughing) or something like that.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:17 pm

he is correct. Anyone that has followed the bianconeri will see they have problems in those areas. Matri sums up Juve tbh. If they get those players they will be very difficult to defeat.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Any team with 3 WC players would be a beast. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Albiol is a very very good CB.The Italian pace and semi-consistent playing time will honestly make him a revalation for whoever decides to pick him up.

He's unbelievably slowm, but at the very least tactically and technically sound,once it's not a high line he'd be a great signing for anyone....if not just as backup.

Torres- I have belief, I watch him alot and he plays well , he just dosen't score.It dosen't help with Ramires playing RM and often times Torres playing RM.He needs a consistent stream of chances more than anything.

But his movement is looking dangerous lately.

Anyway...can't be a bad signing if he's cheap enough...because he really is playing well.
I agree with Torres part

we neeed CF - Falcao , Dzeko type
SS- Jovetic
CM - roberto soriano, Veratti
LB- Bring back Ziegler
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Moutinho, Soldado and a left back
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I doubt Juve could afford Pipita. He'd be great for them (or any other team for the matter)

Anyway here's hoping for a Juve - Madrid rematch next year! banana

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Zealous wrote:I doubt Juve could afford Pipita. He'd be great for them (or any other team for the matter)

Anyway here's hoping for a Juve - Madrid rematch next year! banana

25-30 mils no more Smile I think we can afford and offer even more for that We spent 90 mils when not in ucl Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 pm

City signed Dzeko from FC Volkswagon for 37 million. Atleti shelled out 40 for Falcao. 50 million for Torres....

45-50 million is more than a fair price for a stud like Pipita.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Because Real Madrid are not in need of selling Higuain, any club would be paying a premium for his services. And judging from the recent prices of forwards, 30 million Euros would certainly not be enough to buy out his contract.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next