aleumdance
KMD
The Verminator
EL Patron
Jay29
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal: Not good enough, deserved defeat - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal: Not good enough, deserved defeat

Post by EL Patron Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 am

The Verminator wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:from a tactical point of view, no one can see what Wenger is trying to accomplish by playing him there.
The only reason i can think of, is that he wanted us to keep the ball better. Well if that was it, it bloody backfired...

I see where you come from but Song ,Arteta ,Rosicky do an adequate job keeping the ball. Ramsey is just an extra body in midfield clogging up and slowing down everything.

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal: Not good enough, deserved defeat - Page 3 Empty Re: QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal: Not good enough, deserved defeat

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 am

I think another part of it was to open up more space for Gibbs to attack, but then, he can still do that with Gervinho or Chamberlain playing there.

It's just a really odd tactic to use and I hope we never see it again. I don't see any benefit to it. Most of our good results this season have come through wing play and quick counters. We can't do that with just one winger.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 am

excellent review Jay
here is stats review
---------------
QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal: Not good enough, deserved defeat - Page 3 Ramsey

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/03/qpr-2-1-arsenal-by-the-numbers/

Last edited by Sina on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:27 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think another part of it was to open up more space for Gibbs to attack, but then, he can still do that with Gervinho or Chamberlain playing there.

It's just a really odd tactic to use and I hope we never see it again. I don't see any benefit to it. Most of our good results this season have come through wing play and quick counters. We can't do that with just one winger.

It could work with one winger if the winger is Podolski and Walcott. Today we did not have any wingers, Walcott never attacks he always stops and passes to Sanga. Ox always attacks the defense and creates chances.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:07 am

gunnerlistick wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:from a tactical point of view, no one can see what Wenger is trying to accomplish by playing him there.
The only reason i can think of, is that he wanted us to keep the ball better. Well if that was it, it bloody backfired...

I see where you come from but Song ,Arteta ,Rosicky do an adequate job keeping the ball. Ramsey is just an extra body in midfield clogging up and slowing down everything.

No he crowds his team mates also. Killing spacing and ruining passing lanes also.

Aside from that did anyone notice that Artetta and Song were both playing farther up the pitch today leaving a huge gap between the midfield and CBs? Maybe it was just me but sure seemed like we had 8 people in the final third and not much help with defense.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3